2021 CFP Top 25 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 CFP Top 25

So would a 4 loss Alabama. At some point the games played have to count for something.

True, which is why the games played do count for something though. The job of the committee is to get the 4 best teams in the playoffs. Not the 4 best records.

There's a lot of 2 and 3 loss teams that would be undefeated with Cincinnati's 48th ranked strength of schedule.

A 4 loss Alabama wouldn't be in the discussion as one of the 4 best teams. However, a 2 loss Alabama with a loss to aTm and a potential loss to Georgia in the SEC Championship is obviously a strong possibility as one of the 4 teams in the country. Alabama has played the top Strength of Schedule in the country already and haven't even played Auburn and Georgia yet.

I think the people who watch all the games understand a team like Cincy or Oklahoma doesn't play aTm, Ole Miss, Miss. St., Arkansas, Miami, LSU, Tennessee, Auburn and Georgia and come out with only 2 losses.

Notre Dame can't be one of the 4 best teams no matter what, they've already been blown out by Cincinnati and have demonstrated their inability time and again to compete in the playoffs. Furthermore, they don't play in a Conference Championship Game like everybody else does, and Conference Championships are one of the main criteria that must be weighed.

Georgia, Ohio St., Alabama, Cincinnati, Michigan, and potentially Oklahoma St. are the only teams left with any real case to be among the 4 best teams in the country today - and they will sort themselves out over the next 2 weeks.

Those 6 teams make up the 2 best offenses in the country, and the 4 best defenses. There are no holes to be punched. It's air tight.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Name 4 teams who would be favored against Alabama. Can’t do it. So that tells me……

Disclaimer: not an Alabama fan but respect the program and dig the uniforms.

I don’t like teams winning the national championship, but losing their conference championship. It just isn’t logical. Sadly that will continue to happen occasionally.

Alabama has enough pelts on the wall to warrant an exception. A 2 loss Alabama would still be a 15 point favorite over ND or Oklahoma.
Let's not have a regular season then...

Let's just pick the blueblood programs the public votes they would like to see....

I don’t like teams winning the national championship, but losing their conference championship. It just isn’t logical. Sadly that will continue to happen occasionally.

Sadly? I just read in the other thread where you were so happy. Which is it…

Sadly? I just read in the other thread where you were so happy. Which is it…
It counts. I don’t agree with it, but it is what we have. I’m very happy that the monkey is off our back.

It counts. I don’t agree with it, but it is what we have. I’m very happy that the monkey is off our back.

As long as the 2 best teams in the country are playing each other for the national championship, it doesn’t matter how they get there. What is there to disagree with about it?

The conference champion argument is for weak conferences. It just doesn’t sound right coming from a Georgia fan.

You realize Notre Dame was 1 spot from being in the playoff and doesn’t even play in a conference championship game. There’s no way to rectify that against leaving a team like UGA or Alabama out just because they were required to play an extra game.

As long as Notre Dame is out there with a chance to get in the playoff without even belonging to a conference, the conference champion argument is not only stupid - it’s dead.

Let me tell you something - two of the 4 best teams in the country are going to reside in the SEC just about every year. Every year. There’s no way around it. Look at the recruiting rankings ever year. Look at the coaches.

You can be the best team in the country and lose your conference championship game, or have a regular season loss to the 2nd best team in the country ONLY if you reside in the SEC. That has been proven over and over again.

Your disagreement with it is based on an idea. It’s not rooted in anything of substance.

That’s why it counts.

As long as the 2 best teams in the country are playing each other for the national championship, it doesn’t matter how they get there. What is there to disagree with about it?

The conference champion argument is for weak conferences. It just doesn’t sound right coming from a Georgia fan.

You realize Notre Dame was 1 spot from being in the playoff and doesn’t even play in a conference championship game. There’s no way to rectify that against leaving a team like UGA or Alabama out just because they were required to play an extra game.

As long as Notre Dame is out there with a chance to get in the playoff without even belonging to a conference, the conference champion argument is not only stupid - it’s dead.

Let me tell you something - two of the 4 best teams in the country are going to reside in the SEC just about every year. Every year. There’s no way around it. Look at the recruiting rankings ever year. Look at the coaches.

You can be the best team in the country and lose your conference championship game, or have a regular season loss to the 2nd best team in the country ONLY if you reside in the SEC. That has been proven over and over again.

Your disagreement with it is based on an idea. It’s not rooted in anything of substance.

That’s why it counts.
I will lose this argument,but I’d require a conference championship to get into the playoff. It is not up to me though.

I will lose this argument,but I’d require a conference championship to get into the playoff. It is not up to me though.

Of course you’ll lose the argument, because you don’t even know why you’d do it. You’d just do it.

It’s the same reason some of the policy makers in college football that think the same way lost the argument. They had no reason as for why they hold that position. They just do.

It’s not rooted in anything of substance. It’s just thinking in ideals.

Nothing that automatically eliminates Notre Dame will ever be considered.

As long as the two best teams in the country keep playing each other for the national championship (as they did under the prior BCS system also) then it works. No matter how many times they change it.

It seems to me that some people aren’t going to be satisfied until they find a system that doesn’t work. They’re more concerned with semantics than crowning the best team in the country national champion.

Back
Top Bottom