2021 Composite Ranking (Defense) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Composite Ranking (Defense)

That's who Basham reminds me of. He could easily be better, I wasn't as high on Lawson, but I thought he'd be a little better than a solid pro. But, I think Miami will like him. He and Turner seem like Miami DL - Sample, too.
Plus the potential for nicknames is top of the class.

Right now I have Christian Darri Saw:The Final Chapter leading Jayson Oweh We Go.

[Defensive Tackle]

1st Round Grades

1. Christian Barmore** / Alabama / 6'4", 310

2. Levi Onwuzurike / Washington / 6'3", 290

Day 2 Grades

3. Daviyon Nixon* / Iowa / 6'3", 309

4. Bobby Brown* / Texas A&M / 6'4", 321

Day 3 Grades

5. Tyler Shelvin* / LSU / 6'2", 350

6. Tommy Togiai* / Ohio St. / 6'1", 296

7. Marlon Tuipulotu* / USC / 6'2", 308

8. Jay Tufele* / USC / 6'3", 305

9. Alim McNeill* / NC State / 6'2", 317

10. Ta'Quon Graham / Texas / 6'3", 290

11. Tedarrell Slaton / Florida / 6'4", 330

12. Khyiris Tonga / BYU / 6'4", 321

13. Darius Stills / W. Virginia / 6'0", 278

14. Marvin Wilson / Florida St. / 6'3", 319

15. Jerome Johnson / Indiana / 6'2”, 296

16. Jordan Scott / Oregon / 6’0”, 311

17. Jaylen Twyman* / Pittsburgh / 6'2", 301

UDFA

18. Cameron Murray / Oklahoma St. / 6'2", 290

19. Phil Hoskins / Kentucky / 6'4", 313

20. Mustafa Johnson / Colorado / 6'2", 290

21. Quinton Bohanna / Kentucky / 6'4", 327

22. Jack Heflin / Iowa / 6'4", 310

23. Kyree Campbell / Florida / 6'3", 287

24. Michael Dwumfour / Rutgers / 6'1", 296

Bobby Brown is a kid that I don't think I've heard enough about. I believe this is an underrated defensive tackle and the biggest reason aTm had what was in my opinion - the best rushing defense in the country. We recruited him hard to Alabama and he probably would've ended up being issued a 5th Star by the recruiting services had he came to Tuscaloosa instead of staying home. His athleticism jumps off the film at that immense size. Second only to another aTm defensive lineman that will rank at the top of my underclassman DL thread for 2022.

Christian Barmore began the 2020 season as my top underclassman DT as a RS Sophomore, and finished there. Thoroughly dominated the playoffs with 10 tackles, 3 TFL's, 2 sacks, and many more impactful plays. 'Pot Roast' is just scratching the surface. Had the potential to be a top 5 pick next year had he stayed for another season.

Just like everything else we say and post on here....no one on here has any clue about what goes on in the building. Its purely entertainment.

I appreciate your work and enjoy your insight.

I really like the idea of Barmore at 18 and Brown later. Getting consistent pressure up the middle and forcing runs to the outside would benefit this defense so much.

I think what the Fins do at #18 is totally up in the air.

I have my ideas about adding to the OL but I don't know if the team shares them.They may be happy with Hunt at RT and just feel the need to add a C later.

I think they go BPA or trade down barring an unforseen player falling to them like Smith or Parsons.

Guessing what the board will look like at that point I would think the best guys there will be CB's, OL and Edge types.CB would not make sense and they may view OL as a luxury pick as well.

I have no confidence right now in guessing what they will do at #18.

Personally, I would take Darrisaw, Jenkins or AVT to keep building the OL or go defense with Collins, Paye or Ojulari. Or trade down and bit and still get one of those guys, although Darrisaw might not make it to 18 to begin with.

Last edited:
Specifically for Miami, I think Bobby Brown is DT2. Kind of similar to Raekwon Davis - but with high-end burst and speed. Really adept at making a mess of everything, but he can also finish a play.

This is the highest I've seen anyone rank him 🍻👍

I took Brown for the Falcons at 120 something in the Finheaven mock. He will go much higher in the real draft.

Would love to hear Slimm talk about Holland a bit more. I liked him from what I saw but not that much relative to other players and needs.

Would love to hear Slimm talk about Holland a bit more. I liked him from what I saw but not that much relative to other players and needs.

So, Jevon Holland was my top rated underclassman safety to begin the season when I started my positional threads a year ago. I still think he might be - as I just didn’t grade a nickel’s worth of difference between Moehrig, Holland, and Richie Grant. They were ultimately the top 3 for me and I like all 3 of ‘em.

However, Holland is the best in terms of lining up and playing man coverage, virtually like a cornerback. He has the best skillset when it comes to playing nickel or lining up in the slot versus a flexed tight end, for example. I also like that he was one of the best punt returners I saw in college football his sophomore year. So it’s the ball skills he has for a safety that makes him a little bit more rare.

I felt like he was a 1st round player along with Grant and Moehrig.

I think Miami sees the board and grades safeties very similar to the way I do - for whatever reason. Last year I had Brandon Jones as my top Senior safety and Miami took him off the board right where I had him graded.

Miami needed to add a safety early Day 2 in my opinion and they couldn’t have done better than snatching up Holland where they did. The coach likely preferred his versatility over a more pigeon holed type safety like Moehrig.

Nice pick Miami. I think he’s probably going to be a good one.

So, Jevon Holland was my top rated underclassman safety to begin the season when I started my positional threads a year ago. I still think he might be - as I just didn’t grade a nickel’s worth of difference between Moehrig, Holland, and Richie Grant. They were ultimately the top 3 for me and I like all 3 of ‘em.

However, Holland is the best in terms of lining up and playing man coverage, virtually like a cornerback. He has the best skillset when it comes to playing nickel or lining up in the slot versus a flexed tight end, for example. I also like that he was one of the best punt returners I saw in college football his sophomore year. So it’s the ball skills he has for a safety that makes him a little bit more rare.

I felt like he was a 1st round player along with Grant and Moehrig.

I think Miami sees the board and grades safeties very similar to the way I do - for whatever reason. Last year I had Brandon Jones as my top Senior safety and Miami took him off the board right where I had him graded.

Miami needed to add a safety early Day 2 in my opinion and they couldn’t have done better than snatching up Holland where they did. The coach likely preferred his versatility over a more pigeon holed type safety like Moehrig.

Nice pick Miami. I think he’s probably going to be a good one.

Thanks! Great stuff.

Some of his work against flexed tight ends in the slot has me thinking he could compete with Eric Rowe, however with Bobby McCain gone it's tough to say what's happening. Malik Hooker visited but left without a deal and then they signed Jason McCourty, who has almost never worked at free safety, and told him he'd compete at safety and corner.

Some of his work against flexed tight ends in the slot has me thinking he could compete with Eric Rowe, however with Bobby McCain gone it's tough to say what's happening. Malik Hooker visited but left without a deal and then they signed Jason McCourty, who has almost never worked at free safety, and told him he'd compete at safety and corner.

When I read Slimm’s take on Holland, Rowe was the obvious player that came to mind as his fitting that role. It will be interesting to see how they mix in Holland, Rowe, and also Brandon Jones. As well as McCourty.

That's what should've been on anyone's mind when they drafted him, if they've watched Holland's two years at Oregon. Just kind of weird now because they might end up having to play him in an 80% deep safety role to replace McCain and I'm not sure that's the right call. But obviously Brian Flores is the expert on safeties, certainly not me.

Holland screams ball hawk. Do we have our Earl Thomas

Back
Top Bottom