34. Jonathan Cooper / Ohio St. / 6'3", 254

35. Raymond Johnson / GA-Southern / 6'3", 260

36. Eli Howard / Texas Tech / 6'4", 275

37. Malik Herring / Georgia / 6'3", 283

38. Malcolm Koonce / Buffalo / 6'3", 250

39. Shaka Toney / Penn St. / 6'2", 238

40. Tarron Jackson / Coa. Carolina / 6'2", 260

41. Darius Hodge* / Marshall / 6'1", 248

Dayo Odeyingbo suffered a torn achilles a few weeks ago while preparing for the draft and may consider returning to Vanderbilt. Unfortunate break for the kid.

Last edited:
Hilarious Malik Herring may end up going undrafted.

Is Dayo where he is because of the injury? Just curious.

For the most part yes. I've had a grade on him as high as 3rd Round during his Senior season and I felt like he improved some of his pass rush moves under Coach Haye.

Although it's probable that I was never quite as enamored with him as the NFL was. He checked certain boxes in terms of his frame and athleticism that they like, but I think he's just an average football player that struggled at times to get off SEC blocks when you get right down to it.

These rankings are wicked cool!

I bet Grier has them pinned on his bulletin board!

Excellent work considering the intrinsic limitations!

:oops:

[Defensive Tackle]

1st Round Grades

1. Christian Barmore** / Alabama / 6'4", 310

2. Levi Onwuzurike / Washington / 6'3", 290

Day 2 Grades

3. Daviyon Nixon* / Iowa / 6'3", 309

4. Bobby Brown* / Texas A&M / 6'4", 321

Day 3 Grades

5. Tyler Shelvin* / LSU / 6'2", 350

6. Tommy Togiai* / Ohio St. / 6'1", 296

7. Marlon Tuipulotu* / USC / 6'2", 308

8. Jay Tufele* / USC / 6'3", 305

9. Alim McNeill* / NC State / 6'2", 317

10. Ta'Quon Graham / Texas / 6'3", 290

11. Tedarrell Slaton / Florida / 6'4", 330

12. Khyiris Tonga / BYU / 6'4", 321

13. Darius Stills / W. Virginia / 6'0", 278

14. Marvin Wilson / Florida St. / 6'3", 319

15. Jerome Johnson / Indiana / 6'2”, 296

16. Jordan Scott / Oregon / 6’0”, 311

17. Jaylen Twyman* / Pittsburgh / 6'2", 301

UDFA

18. Cameron Murray / Oklahoma St. / 6'2", 290

19. Phil Hoskins / Kentucky / 6'4", 313

20. Mustafa Johnson / Colorado / 6'2", 290

21. Quinton Bohanna / Kentucky / 6'4", 327

22. Jack Heflin / Iowa / 6'4", 310

23. Kyree Campbell / Florida / 6'3", 287

24. Michael Dwumfour / Rutgers / 6'1", 296

Bobby Brown is a kid that I don't think I've heard enough about. I believe this is an underrated defensive tackle and the biggest reason aTm had what was in my opinion - the best rushing defense in the country. We recruited him hard to Alabama and he probably would've ended up being issued a 5th Star by the recruiting services had he came to Tuscaloosa instead of staying home. His athleticism jumps off the film at that immense size. Second only to another aTm defensive lineman that will rank at the top of my underclassman DL thread for 2022.

Christian Barmore began the 2020 season as my top underclassman DT as a RS Sophomore, and finished there. Thoroughly dominated the playoffs with 10 tackles, 3 TFL's, 2 sacks, and many more impactful plays. 'Pot Roast' is just scratching the surface. Had the potential to be a top 5 pick next year had he stayed for another season.

Last edited:
why is that hilarious?

Nothing against Malik himself or the Bulldogs, just that, I don't remember who that was, maybe you or Scotty or someone had a big argument w Pach about Herring and for a while he would ask where Herring was ranked on every rankings thread, lol. I would find it just as funny if he went Top 10.

I just find it funny when someone dies on a particular hill and ends up all wrong.

I have had differences in opinion based on evals w people on here but I never take it personal. I find it funny someone took it personal to defend his eval and alienated other users just for the player to let him down.

I still remember when I said we should take Sproles in the 5th instead of a RB at #2 and getting laughed at and being told Sproles was a 'wasted pick'. Yet I didn't personally go after the poster. Pach does, he's just as crazy as the people he argues w, he just happens to be right more often.

That was me. Malik is from close to where I live. I watched him play at Mary Persons in high school. He started to flash toward the end of his junior year at Georgia. This year he wasn’t good, and didn’t even give great effort. Then he tore his acl at the Senior Bowl. I’m glad I gave you a good laugh. I hope I didn’t jinx him.

That was me. Malik is from close to where I live. I watched him play at Mary Persons in high school. He started to flash toward the end of his junior year at Georgia. This year he wasn’t good, and didn’t even give great effort. Then he tore his acl at the Senior Bowl. I’m glad I gave you a good laugh. I hope I didn’t jinx him.

Hope he turns it around and claws his way back up. I don't really think he's going UDFA but he'll go late, no doubt.

Barmore has been my pick at #18 through most of the process. Imagine that DL against the run w Lawson, Barmore, Davis and Wilkins! Yikes!
Haven't thought about that kind of possibility with all the focus on O but yeah -- that would be totally intimidating
and definitely worth a long hard look! Imagine we grab Barmore and Parsons R1! Then go all O crazy the balance of the draft.
That's an interesting possibility IMO.

Nothing against Malik himself or the Bulldogs, just that, I don't remember who that was, maybe you or Scotty or someone had a big argument w Pach about Herring and for a while he would ask where Herring was ranked on every rankings thread, lol. I would find it just as funny if he went Top 10.

I just find it funny when someone dies on a particular hill and ends up all wrong.

I have had differences in opinion based on evals w people on here but I never take it personal. I find it funny someone took it personal to defend his eval and alienated other users just for the player to let him down.

I still remember when I said we should take Sproles in the 5th instead of a RB at #2 and getting laughed at and being told Sproles was a 'wasted pick'. Yet I didn't personally go after the poster. Pach does, he's just as crazy as the people he argues w, he just happens to be right more often.
I got in on that too, was my baptism by fire on this site. Whatever, I’ve died on worse hills before

Biggest surprise is Phillips in rd 1. Is that the guy who retired and hardly played?
Rough year for DTs, just like any other year. They aren't worth a high pick.

Barmore has been my pick at #18 through most of the process. Imagine that DL against the run w Lawson, Barmore, Davis and Wilkins! Yikes!
And then imagine it against the pass and the infinite amount of time a QB would have. If we're spending a first round pick on D line, it better be to get a guy who can create consistent pressure. Pass rush is non existent on this team unless it's schemed which in turn leaves the secondary out to dry. Admittedly, this what Flores likes to do and why we've spent so much $$ on DBs, but it may be time to get some guys who can pressure the qb.

Back
Top Bottom