2021 Composite Ranking (Defense) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Composite Ranking (Defense)

You can bin most of these results when it comes to making historical comparisons. Great to see Browning test well and he has potential to be elite, but all these pro day numbers need to be rounded up a fair bit.

with regards to combine comparisons, totally agree on the timed events. you think people are faking broad, vert, bench, measurement numbers?

also, just compare them to the pro days of years past. not much difference.

but, yes, totally agree that a 4.55 pro day 40 is probably closer to a 4.6+ combine

You can bin most of these results when it comes to making historical comparisons. Great to see Browning test well and he has potential to be elite, but all these pro day numbers need to be rounded up a fair bit.

Experienced evaluators understand you add from .08 - .12 to pro day 40 times to get an apples to apples comparison if they were all running on the same track at the NFL combine. Go ahead and just add a tenth and you'll be just about dead on.

Linebackers need to be athletic, but they do not to be that athletic. it just means that he definitely play in the league with that athleticism and experience. And then you look at his college production, is he a 40 tackles per year linebacker, or 100?

He processes the game too slowly, he just lacks the instincts you need to excel.

Not sure you can coach that up but his athletic traits are everything you are looking for.

But his he an athlete playing football or a football player?

He’s not from a P5 school so not sure how much Miami will be interested, but Payton Turner sure has the measurements they look for. Curious to see how he tests at his pro day in a few weeks. Would be a solid Day 2 pick.

He’s not from a P5 school so not sure how much Miami will be interested, but Payton Turner sure has the measurements they look for. Curious to see how he tests at his pro day in a few weeks. Would be a solid Day 2 pick.

Miami 100% should be interested, he is one of handful worthy prospects.

Wow, Carlos Basham!

EDGE Carlos Basham Jr.

Height: 6'3″ (46th percentile)
Weight: 274 (81st)
Arm: 32 7/8 (34th)
Hand: 9 1/4 (18th)
Vertical: 34 (61st)
Broad: 122 (82nd)
Bench: 20 reps (30th)
40-yard: 4.64 (81st)
Short shuttle: 4.25 (84th)
3-cone: 7.13 (60th)

He really helped himself with this pro day!

Payton Turner seems to be getting more and more love as the Draft approaches. I would guess that means he will go sooner than many expect.

It has been said here before(I forget who it was but he has been compared to Shaq Lawson in this forum)Basham is going to be a very solid DE who gives you a bit of everything but probably won't be a big time pass rusher.The type of player you are glad to have but won't be a big stat guy.

Payton Turner seems to be getting more and more love as the Draft approaches. I would guess that means he will go sooner than many expect.

It has been said here before(I forget who it was but he has been compared to Shaq Lawson in this forum)Basham is going to be a very solid DE who gives you a bit of everything but probably won't be a big time pass rusher.The type of player you are glad to have but won't be a big stat guy.

That's who Basham reminds me of. He could easily be better, I wasn't as high on Lawson, but I thought he'd be a little better than a solid pro. But, I think Miami will like him. He and Turner seem like Miami DL - Sample, too.

Back
Top Bottom