2021 Composite Rankings (Offense) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Composite Rankings (Offense)

I think the Fins sign an OC in FA and draft one for depth/development. At this point, my preferences:

ROUND 3
Meinerz
Humphrey
Dickerson (medicals could DQ)

DAY 3
Myers
David Moore
Menet
Kendrick Green

Plenty of options out there. Hopefully, the Dolphins take a stud who has a career on par with Stephenson.
Not sure if Humphrey and Meinerz make it to round 3, but if so that would be nice

Great stuff here from Greg Cosell on Waddle - how he's not just a speed guy - which some have tried to claim. "Controlled in his movement ... yet he plays at such high velocity and speed. And that's rare! Usually guys who play at that high velocity don't have that kind of balance and body control."

Me personally I see Waddle as the better prospect vs. Smith.

Only ? is the leg and that kind of injury typically isn't a complication.

Plus the kid can just flat out do more jobs and roles.

Daniel Jeremiah, a very well respected draft guru..has Pitts as the #3 overall prospect behind Lawrence and Chase, for what it's worth. Pretty high for a "Terrible blocking, same version of Mike G. and all that blah blah."

Just saying..

FYI, he has Waddle as the #2 WR on his board behind Chase. I agree.

Me personally I see Waddle as the better prospect vs. Smith.

Only ? is the leg and that kind of injury typically isn't a complication.

Plus the kid can just flat out do more jobs and roles.

Here's the thing - I've always felt like Waddle was a better prospect, although both were top 10 type guys to me. No matter how you slice it, Smitty earned a spot atop any WR rankings. People can say what they want about his weight, his frame - but what they can't say is that he didn't earn a spot at the top of anybody's WR rankings.

Someone can prefer a kid that opted out or a kid that got hurt and that's fine - it still may end up correct - but only one earned a spot to be at the top whether it's correct or not.

I don't necessarily disagree that Waddle is a better prospect. But when you try to say it in that matter with that much clarity, it's essentially just bias talking. It's not that clear and whatever gap there may be between the two isn't that big. If Smitty's size was as big of a concern as some people are trying to make it then he wouldn't be where he's at in the first place.

Here's the thing - I've always felt like Waddle was a better prospect, although both were top 10 type guys to me. No matter how you slice it, Smitty earned a spot atop any WR rankings. People can say what they want about his weight, his frame - but what they can't say is that he didn't earn a spot at the top of anybody's WR rankings.

Someone can prefer a kid that opted out or a kid that got hurt and that's fine - it still may end up correct - but only one earned a spot to be at the top whether it's correct or not.

I don't necessarily disagree that Waddle is a better prospect. But when you try to say it in that matter with that much clarity, it's essentially just bias talking. It's not that clear and whatever gap there may be between the two isn't that big. If Smitty's size was as big of a concern as some people are trying to make it then he wouldn't be where he's at in the first place.
I will 100% admit I am biased relative to a kids physicality to be a football player. No doubt. To my eyes Smith looks TOO THIN
and borderline bone rack. But as always I reserve the right to be wrong and maybe the kid can stand up to the NFL grind?
Obviously the frame/weight seems to be the ONLY legit question on the kid as a prospect -- so if NFL execs are OK with his
"slenderness" then I'd assume there are no caution flags.

That said, I do not believe he's worthy of the #3 pick but that may prove to be moot consideration if Grier + Flo had targeted
the kid and -- big deal we draft him @3 vs. 7 or 8. If the kid is gong to be a top shelf player -- then no one will care down the line.

Last note -- it seems to me Tua has a notable "connection" with Waddle and their chemistry might be a point of consideration.
That factor might play a role in the decision making process, yes?

I will 100% admit I am biased relative to a kids physicality to be a football player. No doubt. To my eyes Smith looks TOO THIN
and borderline bone rack. But as always I reserve the right to be wrong and maybe the kid can stand up to the NFL grind?
Obviously the frame/weight seems to be the ONLY legit question on the kid as a prospect -- so if NFL execs are OK with his
"slenderness" then I'd assume there are no caution flags.

That said, I do not believe he's worthy of the #3 pick but that may prove to be moot consideration if Grier + Flo had targeted
the kid and -- big deal we draft him @3 vs. 7 or 8. If the kid is gong to be a top shelf player -- then no one will care down the line.

Last note -- it seems to me Tua has a notable "connection" with Waddle and their chemistry might be a point of consideration.
That factor might play a role in the decision making process, yes?

There's nothing notable about the chemistry between Tua and Waddle that wasn't there between Tua and all his receivers. Waddle is just a special kid.
Everybody eats when Tua is dealing.

Fact is, Tua and Smitty came in together as freshman and won a walk-off national championship together because of that chemistry. Waddle was still in high school. Smitty probably caught twice as many passes and TD's from Tua as Waddle ever did.

Look at the chemistry Tua had with Ruggs - the first 5 or 6 catches of Ruggs career at Alabama were all touchdowns. It was a remarkable touchdown streak to begin a career and everybody was beginning to wonder when Ruggs was finally going to catch a pass that didn't result in 6 points.

Jeudy, Najee Harris, Josh Jacobs - they all had chemistry with Tua. That's why he set an NCAA record for QB efficiency.

There's nothing notable about the chemistry between Tua and Waddle that wasn't there between Tua and all his receivers. Waddle is just a special kid.
Everybody eats when Tua is dealing.

Fact is, Tua and Smitty came in together as freshman and won a walk-off national championship together because of that chemistry. Waddle was still in high school. Smitty probably caught twice as many passes and TD's from Tua as Waddle ever did.

Look at the chemistry Tua had with Ruggs - the first 5 or 6 catches of Ruggs career at Alabama were all touchdowns. It was a remarkable touchdown streak to begin a career and everybody was beginning to wonder when Ruggs was finally going to catch a pass that didn't result in 6 points.

Jeudy, Najee Harris, Josh Jacobs - they all had chemistry with Tua. That's why he set an NCAA record for QB efficiency.
"Nothing notable." OK.

Probably just me but during a recent interview Tua seemed to "light up" a tad when talking about Waddle.

He then went on to describe the kid (Waddle) as a player -- rather effusive IMO.

That said, right now I'd be totally OK with a top-end draft like this:

Pitts
Waddle
Z Collins
J Williams

Probably a little too optimistic to grab Waddle @18 but it would be nice!

We have a chance because 5 QBs are going in R1 IMO.

"Nothing notable." OK.

Probably just me but during a recent interview Tua seemed to "light up" a tad when talking about Waddle.

He then went on to describe the kid (Waddle) as a player -- rather effusive IMO.

That said, right now I'd be totally OK with a top-end draft like this:

Pitts
Waddle
Z Collins
J Williams

Probably a little too optimistic to grab Waddle @18 but it would be nice!

We have a chance because 5 QBs are going in R1 IMO.

Put the entire quote into context and not just part of it. There's nothing notable about Tua's chemistry with Waddle that wasn't there with all his receivers. Once again it seems you're willing to argue your feels against the facts.

Secondly, it doesn't matter to me who Miami drafts. You're trying to have a conversation that I'm not trying to have. I'm talking specifically about the prospects. Any of 'em will help Tua and they're all better than what he's currently dealing with.

Put the entire quote into context and not just part of it. There's nothing notable about Tua's chemistry with Waddle that wasn't there with all his receivers. Once again it seems you're willing to argue your feels against the facts.

Secondly, it doesn't matter to me who Miami drafts. You're trying to have a conversation that I'm not trying to have. I'm talking specifically about the prospects. Any of 'em will help Tua and they're all better than what he's currently dealing with.
No reason to get all grouchy Hillbilly!

Be happy! Go play with the cousins!

No reason to get all grouchy Hillbilly!

Be happy! Go play with the cousins!

You know me - winning makes me happy and I'm happy a lot. Give it shot sometime. Come on over to the Bama thread in the college forum and I'll show you around.

I'll even throw in a free Bama hat that would look good on you to replace that old dirty loser hat with the stork on it you've been wearing since the 80's.

You know me - winning makes me happy and I'm happy a lot. Give it shot sometime. Come on over to the Bama thread in the college forum and I'll show you around.

I'll even throw in a free Bama hat that would look good on you to replace that old dirty loser hat with the stork on it you've been wearing since the 80's.
Deal.

[Offensive Tackle/Guard]

1st Round Grades

1. Dillon Radunz / N. Dakota St. / 6'6", 304

2. Penei Sewell* / Oregon / 6'6", 325

3. Christian Darrisaw* / Virginia Tech / 6'5", 311

4. Alijah Vera-Tucker* / USC / 6'4", 310

Day 2 Grades

5. Liam Eichenberg / Notre Dame / 6'6" 305

6. Rashawn Slater / Northwestern / 6'3", 305

7. Trey Smith / Tennessee / 6'6", 331

8. Alex Leatherwood / Alabama / 6'5", 312

9. Wyatt Davis* / Ohio St. / 6'4", 313

10. Jalen Mayfield* / Michigan / 6'5", 319

11. Adrian Ealy* / Oklahoma / 6'6", 326

12. Brady Christensen* / BYU / 6'6", 295

13. Samuel Cosmi* / Texas / 6'7", 300

Day 3 Grades

14. Teven Jenkins / Oklahoma St. / 6'6", 320

15. Walker Little / Stanford / 6'7", 313

16. Ben Cleveland / Georgia / 6'6", 354

17. Dan Moore / Texas A&M / 6'5", 309

18. Aaron Banks / Notre Dame / 6'5", 338

19. Robert Hainsey / Notre Dame / 6'4", 302

20. Josh Ball / Marshall / 6'8", 309

21. Landon Young / Kentucky / 6'7", 305

22. Cole Van Lanen / Wisconsin / 6'5", 311

23. Will Fries / Penn St. / 6'6", 313

24. Spencer Brown / N. Iowa / 6'8", 314

25. Royce Newman / Ole Miss / 6'5", 306

26. Jack Anderson / Texas Tech / 6'5", 309

27. D'Ante Smith / E. Carolina / 6'5", 294

28. James Hudson* / Cincinnati / 6'4", 302

29. Jackson Carman* / Clemson / 6'5", 345

30. William Sherman* / Colorado / 6'4", 310

31. Coy Cronk / Iowa / 6'5", 325

32. Deonte Brown / Alabama / 6'3", 364

33. Alaric Jackson / Iowa / 6'6", 318

34. Kayode Awosika / Buffalo / 6'3", 305

UDFA

35. Sadarius Hutcherson / S. Carolina / 6'4", 320

36. Foster Sarell* / Stanford / 6'7", 308

37. Brenden James / Nebraska / 6'5", 300

38. Tommy Kraemer / Notre Dame / 6'6", 316

39. Robert Jones / MTSU / 6'4", 302

40. Carson Green / Texas A&M / 6'6", 319

41. Jake Curhan / California / 6'6", 323

[Center/Guard]

Day 2 Grades

1. Creed Humphrey* / Oklahoma / 6'5", 312

2. Landon Dickerson / Alabama / 6'6", 326

Day 3 Grades

3. Michal Menet / Penn St. / 6'4", 313

4. Quinn Meinerz / Wisconsin-Whitewater / 6'3", 320

5. David Moore / Grambling / 6'2", 350

6. Drew Dalman* / Stanford / 6'3", 300

7. Jimmy Morrissey / Pittsburgh / 6'3", 305

8. Trey Hill* / Georgia / 6'4", 330

9. Josh Meyers* / Ohio St. / 6'5", 310

UDFA

10. Drake Jackson / Kentucky / 6'2", 290

Let's start with the obvious - if you've paid any attention to my posts regarding Penei Sewell you understand I don't necessarily subscribe to the generational theory. However, he's a terrific athlete for his size and can get out and move in space. Pretty accurate at hitting moving targets. Can be beaten by speed rushers. For me, it's also very important to see these kids play, a lot can change from one year to the next. Experience is one of the most critical factors for offensive lineman, and Sewell only has 2 years of experience. I think it's important to operate in 2021 and not be stuck in 2019 when it comes time for the rubber to meet the road.

Dillon Radunz has the most upside of any offensive lineman in this draft in my opinion, and I think he proved that at the Senior Bowl. I believe what he put on display in Mobile was just the beginning. However, his team only played one game in 2020. The difference is what he was able to show during a week of practice in Mobile. You have to decide what you're willing to bet on.

Trey Smith can be the most dominant offensive lineman I've seen. If it weren't for the issue of dealing with blood clots in his lungs that has caused him to be sidelined at times during his career, he's a 1st Round pick in my opinion.

I don't know if I've ever seen an offensive lineman get more of a boost off one game than the boost Rashawn Slater has seemed to get from his game against Chase Young. Cole Van Lanen had the same type of great game against Chase Young once. The other time he faced him he was completely dominated by Chase Young. The best thing about Slater is he's shown versatility by playing both tackle spots, and could probably play any position along the offensive line at least competently. Although I'm not sure if he quite has the overall length that teams in the NFL desire to stick at tackle in most schemes. But again, he's another kid that you didn't see on the field in 2020.

Landon Dickerson was on his way to cementing himself as the top Center in the draft until he suffered a knee injury in the SEC Championship Game. 'Big Country' as we like to call him is a flat out nasty dude that had perfected the art of getting inside the head of defensive lineman. He and Creed Humphrey grade out very closely in my opinion, with Humphrey getting the slight edge due to Landon's knee injury.
Finding it hard to see Radunz as the top OL in this draft. Undersized OT that projects as a guard more in the NFL unless he puts on more weight and can keep his athleticism with more weight. I understand that he had a good senior bowl week, but that in no way pushes him above some of the more established and battle tested OL in D1. I see him as probably an early second rounder.

Back
Top Bottom