2021 Composite Rankings (Offense) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Composite Rankings (Offense)

Still plenty of the process left, but at this point it seems like the gap between top tier pass catchers and the next level of WR is greater than the gap between the top tier OL and the next level of OL.

for example, a Sewell/Batemon (or Marshall or whoever) combo just isn’t as exciting as a Devonta (or Pitts or Chase)/AVT combo

I would consider the draft a success if we got one from each of the following groups (or a double up should the opportunity arise):

RB - Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Travis Etienne

WR1 - Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle,

OL - Dillon Radunz, Penei Sewell, Creed Humphrey, Brady Christensen, Rashawn Slater, Liam Eichenberg, Aaron Banks, Quinn Meinerz, Spencer Brown, Landon Dickerson, Robert Hainsey

WR2 - Terrace Marshall, Rashod Bateman, D’Wayne Eskridge, Tutu Atwell, Amari Rodgers, Demetric Felton, Kadarius Toney, Dez Fitzpatrick, Elijah Moore, Jaelon Darden

Some other guys I would target if the opportunity was there:

S - Ritchie Grant, Richard LeCount III, Damar Hamlin

CB - Keith Taylor Jr., Tre Brown

LB - Zaven Collins, Micah Parsons, Pete Werner

Edge - Kwity Paye, Cam Sample, Carlos Basham, Dayo Odeyingbo

RB2 - Michael Carter, Kenneth Gainwell, Rhamondre Stevenson, Trey Sermon, Khalil Herbert, Chuba Hubbard, Ben Mason

TE - Kyle Pitts, Tommy Tremble

I haven't looked at everybody, of course, or even done a deep dive on most, but these are some that stuck out to me. I'd also like to add a developmental 1-tech to the other guys section, but I haven't looked at what's out there.

A bit more David Moore, because it's fun. Some cleaning up to do, particularly against speed rushers but you can't teach that power. I saw a video clip of him doing 2 backflips (which I can't find). Should be on Bruce Feldman´s list.

Last edited:
A bit more David Moore, because it's fun. Some cleaning up to do, particularly against speed rushers but you can't teach that power. I saw a video clip of him doing 2 backflips (which I can't find). Should be on Bruce Feldman´s list.

technique needs work but that dudes got some serious pop right tbere

looks like he’s got some aggressive overextend in him that needs to be weened out

Last edited:

Here's an illustration, actually. If I recall this particular rep from the Catapult film (which I no longer have access to, which sucks)...part of the issue here was Drake Jackson was IMO a little over-aggressive in acting his part from a spacing standpoint and that's why Golston ended up folded over like that.

But you can see on the snap where David Moore gets beaten, on that initial move with the hands. That happened during practice reps and it definitely happened during the game, although I'd have to dig that up.

It's a very typical way guys like him get beaten and I saw it in Solomon Kindley as well.

Here's an illustration, actually. If I recall this particular rep from the Catapult film (which I no longer have access to, which sucks)...part of the issue here was Drake Jackson was IMO a little over-aggressive in acting his part from a spacing standpoint and that's why Golston ended up folded over like that.

But you can see on the snap where David Moore gets beaten, on that initial move with the hands. That happened during practice reps and it definitely happened during the game, although I'd have to dig that up.

It's a very typical way guys like him get beaten and I saw it in Solomon Kindley as well.
Dude is an impressive physical specimen! Wow. Looks like a muscled-up bullfrog to me!

It seems your take is -- he has issues dealing with quick inside moves? Or just speed in general?

How correctable do you think that is? Looks like the kid has good feet and can move...

Would seem like a solid R5 pick or thereabouts -- developmental and probably PS.

Thanks for posting -- the video is quite entertaining!

Last edited:
I mentioned it before but I think David Moore has some footwork issues at guard that seem to dissipate when he plays Center. Tends to bring his feet too close together on contact which you typically see out of lineman that are raw power pigs and want to be aggressive. They try to take run game tendencies that bleed into their pass protection. You have to learn to sit and be patient in pass protection, rely on your technique and use your hands wisely.

You're able to be much more patient at Center if you're uncovered and stay patient longer. Take those aggressive tendencies out helping to either side on half a man. Rodney Hudson-ish.

Where do you slot Pitts among Smith, Chase and Waddle?

for the Fins, it’s tough. I might like Waddle and Pitts most

I mentioned it before but I think David Moore has some footwork issues at guard that seem to dissipate when he plays Center. Tends to bring his feet too close together on contact which you typically see out of lineman that are raw power pigs and want to be aggressive. They try to take run game tendencies that bleed into their pass protection. You have to learn to sit and be patient in pass protection, rely on your technique and use your hands wisely.

You're able to be much more patient at Center if you're uncovered and stay patient longer. Take those aggressive tendencies out helping to either side on half a man. Rodney Hudson-ish.

yeah I can see some Rodney Hudson there yep. Got serious pop in his hands

I still like chase over smith slightly...especially seeing what justin jefferson did this year in his rookie year.

[Offensive Tackle/Guard]

1st Round Grades

1. Dillon Radunz / N. Dakota St. / 6'6", 304

2. Penei Sewell* / Oregon / 6'6", 325

3. Christian Darrisaw* / Virginia Tech / 6'5", 311

4. Alijah Vera-Tucker* / USC / 6'4", 310

Day 2 Grades

5. Liam Eichenberg / Notre Dame / 6'6" 305

6. Rashawn Slater / Northwestern / 6'3", 305

7. Trey Smith / Tennessee / 6'6", 331

8. Alex Leatherwood / Alabama / 6'5", 312

9. Wyatt Davis* / Ohio St. / 6'4", 313

10. Jalen Mayfield* / Michigan / 6'5", 319

11. Adrian Ealy* / Oklahoma / 6'6", 326

12. Brady Christensen* / BYU / 6'6", 295

13. Samuel Cosmi* / Texas / 6'7", 300

Day 3 Grades

14. Teven Jenkins / Oklahoma St. / 6'6", 320

15. Walker Little / Stanford / 6'7", 313

16. Ben Cleveland / Georgia / 6'6", 354

17. Dan Moore / Texas A&M / 6'5", 309

18. Aaron Banks / Notre Dame / 6'5", 338

19. Robert Hainsey / Notre Dame / 6'4", 302

20. Josh Ball / Marshall / 6'8", 309

21. Landon Young / Kentucky / 6'7", 305

22. Cole Van Lanen / Wisconsin / 6'5", 311

23. Will Fries / Penn St. / 6'6", 313

24. Spencer Brown / N. Iowa / 6'8", 314

25. Royce Newman / Ole Miss / 6'5", 306

26. Jack Anderson / Texas Tech / 6'5", 309

27. D'Ante Smith / E. Carolina / 6'5", 294

28. James Hudson* / Cincinnati / 6'4", 302

29. Jackson Carman* / Clemson / 6'5", 345

30. William Sherman* / Colorado / 6'4", 310

31. Coy Cronk / Iowa / 6'5", 325

32. Deonte Brown / Alabama / 6'3", 364

33. Alaric Jackson / Iowa / 6'6", 318

34. Kayode Awosika / Buffalo / 6'3", 305

UDFA

35. Sadarius Hutcherson / S. Carolina / 6'4", 320

36. Foster Sarell* / Stanford / 6'7", 308

37. Brenden James / Nebraska / 6'5", 300

38. Tommy Kraemer / Notre Dame / 6'6", 316

39. Robert Jones / MTSU / 6'4", 302

40. Carson Green / Texas A&M / 6'6", 319

41. Jake Curhan / California / 6'6", 323

[Center/Guard]

Day 2 Grades

1. Creed Humphrey* / Oklahoma / 6'5", 312

2. Landon Dickerson / Alabama / 6'6", 326

Day 3 Grades

3. Michal Menet / Penn St. / 6'4", 313

4. Quinn Meinerz / Wisconsin-Whitewater / 6'3", 320

5. David Moore / Grambling / 6'2", 350

6. Drew Dalman* / Stanford / 6'3", 300

7. Jimmy Morrissey / Pittsburgh / 6'3", 305

8. Trey Hill* / Georgia / 6'4", 330

9. Josh Meyers* / Ohio St. / 6'5", 310

UDFA

10. Drake Jackson / Kentucky / 6'2", 290

Let's start with the obvious - if you've paid any attention to my posts regarding Penei Sewell you understand I don't necessarily subscribe to the generational theory. However, he's a terrific athlete for his size and can get out and move in space. Pretty accurate at hitting moving targets. Can be beaten by speed rushers. For me, it's also very important to see these kids play, a lot can change from one year to the next. Experience is one of the most critical factors for offensive lineman, and Sewell only has 2 years of experience. I think it's important to operate in 2021 and not be stuck in 2019 when it comes time for the rubber to meet the road.

Dillon Radunz has the most upside of any offensive lineman in this draft in my opinion, and I think he proved that at the Senior Bowl. I believe what he put on display in Mobile was just the beginning. However, his team only played one game in 2020. The difference is what he was able to show during a week of practice in Mobile. You have to decide what you're willing to bet on.

Trey Smith can be the most dominant offensive lineman I've seen. If it weren't for the issue of dealing with blood clots in his lungs that has caused him to be sidelined at times during his career, he's a 1st Round pick in my opinion.

I don't know if I've ever seen an offensive lineman get more of a boost off one game than the boost Rashawn Slater has seemed to get from his game against Chase Young. Cole Van Lanen had the same type of great game against Chase Young once. The other time he faced him he was completely dominated by Chase Young. The best thing about Slater is he's shown versatility by playing both tackle spots, and could probably play any position along the offensive line at least competently. Although I'm not sure if he quite has the overall length that teams in the NFL desire to stick at tackle in most schemes. But again, he's another kid that you didn't see on the field in 2020.

Landon Dickerson was on his way to cementing himself as the top Center in the draft until he suffered a knee injury in the SEC Championship Game. 'Big Country' as we like to call him is a flat out nasty dude that had perfected the art of getting inside the head of defensive lineman. He and Creed Humphrey grade out very closely in my opinion, with Humphrey getting the slight edge due to Landon's knee injury.

You know who I think may be slipping through the cracks a little bit?

West Virginia RG Michael Brown.

He pops on WV tape and had a real nice Hula Bowl. Much more explosive than a 350 pounder has a right to be.

I mean this is a tremendous player. The build is so ideal for a 350 pounder. The hands, really does a good job catching the rusher's hands. Keeps his feet moving. Strong as an ox. Doesn't show some of the weaknesses Deonte Brown does.

Last edited:
I mean sometimes we've got to keep in mind guys like Michael Onwenu, low-billed but 350 lbs. and strong and Ford tough. He came in and started as a rookie and was arguably the best rookie guard of the class.

I mean sometimes we've got to keep in mind guys like Michael Onwenu, low-billed but 350 lbs. and strong and Ford tough. He came in and started as a rookie and was arguably the best rookie guard of the class.

I believe he started 9 games at RT which is even more impressive. The Patriots don't seem to discount short armed linemen as much as most teams in the league. Shaq Mason at 6´1 and Isaiah Wynn at 6´2 being other examples. It helps if you have Dante Scarnecchia and some quality vets round you of course.

Back
Top Bottom