2021 Composite Rankings (Offense) | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Composite Rankings (Offense)

That is not an unfair point.

You have to wonder if Smith can or will add any weight at that age and it is fair to assume that Pitts and Chase are still ascending as Smith has likely peaked physically.

Bud I'd still like to have all 3 if that is possible. :HRT:

This guy will be my LT #1, Wow, what a pro day!

T Landon Young

Height: 6'6″ (70th percentile)
Weight: 310 (44th)
Arm: 33 3/4 (36th)
Hand: 10 1/8 (66th)
Vertical: 31 (75th)
Broad: 108 (71st)
Bench: 34 reps (97th)
40-yard: 4.91 (95th)

Last edited:
Gerrid Doaks, that's what we need, stocky, heavy, and explosive.

RB Gerrid Doaks

9 3/4
3/4
4.59/4.58
10-0

19x

This is my favorite RB in this class. First round value. (Composite ranking #310.)

Doaks definitely fits the profile of the underrated RB who blossoms in the NFL.

He is exactly the kind of guy I want to use a Day 3 pick on and try him behind a good OL.

I would much rather take multiple swings at guys like him than use a high pick on one of the top RB's.

The only time I am using a high pick on RB would be if I had a stacked roster with a gaping hole at RB and there was a truly elite back on the board.

As i have said before there is not a single RB in the League right now that I wold give up a pick like #18 for. Not Henry, not Kamara, not McCaffery.

And i would not re sign any of those guys to big extensions either. that always ends in tears.

it is just bad business.

No commentary, just a reminder:

Chase just turned 21 (in March)
Pitts will turn 21 in October
Both Devonta and Waddle will turn 23 in November

The fact that people over obsess over a 2 year difference shows that they have too much time on their hands. Especially when talking about kids in their early 20’s.

None of these players are RB’s either.

We’re living in an era where Tom Brady is still helping team’s to win SB’s in his 40’s and the likes of Rafa Nadal, Novak Djokovic, and Roger Federer are winning every grand slam title well into their mid-to-late 30’s.

Age isn’t the factor it used to be. Athletes are better conditioned, educated on current nutrition standards, and have better recovery technology at their disposal than athlete’s of yesteryear.

They also endure far less wear and tear in practice and in games.

Not only that, it’s far more likely that if the 2 year difference ever mattered, it’d matter in the latter 1/3rd of the player’s career when he’s probably not even on the team that drafted him anymore.

In summary, it’s a negligible factor. Some of you only foolishly convince yourself that it is a big deal.

Last edited:
The fact that people over obsess over a 2 year difference shows that they have too much time on their hands. Especially when talking about kids in their early 20’s.

We’re living in an era where Tom Brady is still helping team’s to win SB’s in his 40’s and the likes of Rafa Nadal, Novak Djokovic, and Roger Federer are winning every grand slam title well into their mid-to-late 30’s.

Age isn’t the factor it used to be. Athletes are better conditioned, educated on current nutrition standards, and have better recovery technology at their disposal than athlete’s of yesteryear.

Not only that, it’s far more likely that if the 2 year difference ever mattered, it’d matter in the latter 1/3rd of the player’s career when he’s probably not even on the team that drafted him anymore.

In summary, it’s a negligible factor. Some of you only foolishly convince yourself that it is a big deal.
It can also be to point out that since they're younger that Chase and Pitts have about 2 years catch up to the age that Smith/Waddle are now..and Pitts/Chase are already really good. So major room for possible growth, etc. Or something like that! :cool:

Right.

I think his point was that the younger guys have more room to improve as a player and to grow physically than Smith does, and that he is a more finished product(and a very good finished product at that).

It can't be ignored that chase dominated the SEC like he did at 19 years old.He was a man among boys while being one of the youngest guys on the field.

That is why he will be drafted ahead of Smith,because he has more upside. But it does not mean he will be a better Pro.

I think they will both be great and that we are more likely to see Smith in Dolphins colors than Chase anyway.

Right.

I think his point was that the younger guys have more room to improve as a player and to grow physically than Smith does, and that he is a more finished product(and a very good finished product at that).

It can't be ignored that chase dominated the SEC like he did at 19 years old.He was a man among boys while being one of the youngest guys on the field.

That is why he will be drafted ahead of Smith,because he has more upside. But it does not mean he will be a better Pro.

I think they will both be great and that we are more likely to see Smith in Dolphins colors than Chase anyway.
I AGREE WITH ALL THIS EXCEPT THE LAST PART..BECAUSE WE CAN'T BE SURE WHO IS MORE LIKELY TO BE A DOLPHIN..BUT YOU CAN SAY MAYBE IT'S SMITH/WADDLE THAN CHASE/PITTS CAUSE CHASE/PITTS MAY BE GONE BY #6!

more age-related tidbits: Dee Eskridge is 4 months younger than JuJu who has been in the league for 4 years.

surprising when looking at it that way...more a feather in JuJu's cap than a knock against Eskridge

The thing that has saved quarterbacks over every other position is the amount of rules preventing them from getting hit like everyone else. You look at some of those 90s games and guy like Marino and Kelly were fair game on the field.

Some of the rules are good such as protecting that plant leg on the throw. But you can't even push or graze the guys head after he throws. Meanwhile a reciever downfield can get thrown down for the he'll of it.

Besides brady has always been a master of protecting himself which has saved him more than his peers. You see Fitzpatrick and how much his skills are declining or big Ben and they have been known to take a beating.

Football is a very strange sport in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom