2021 Composite Rankings (Offense) | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Composite Rankings (Offense)

It does not just help them stay healthy, it makes the position easier to play.

Coupled with how much less physical you can be with WR's and the job of QB is not nearly as hard as it used to be.

This is why we see so many average guys putting up numbers Marino would have been proud of.

The thing that has saved quarterbacks over every other position is the amount of rules preventing them from getting hit like everyone else. You look at some of those 90s games and guy like Marino and Kelly were fair game on the field.

Some of the rules are good such as protecting that plant leg on the throw. But you can't even push or graze the guys head after he throws. Meanwhile a reciever downfield can get thrown down for the he'll of it.

Besides brady has always been a master of protecting himself which has saved him more than his peers. You see Fitzpatrick and how much his skills are declining or big Ben and they have been known to take a beating.

Football is a very strange sport in that regard.
I guess I have a different perspective on protecting the qbs, I feel when they start their throwing motion they are completely vulnerable and defenseless, allowing a defender a head of steam to take any shot to me is a penalty jmo

I guess I have a different perspective on protecting the qbs, I feel when they start their throwing motion they are completely vulnerable and defenseless, allowing a defender a head of steam to take any shot to me is a penalty jmo

Problem with officiating penalties like that for 'vulnerable' and 'defenseless' players is that they'll spend 10 minutes looking for a penalty and reviewing a play where a guy's fingertip barely touched the QB's helmet, but won't spend any time reviewing plays where the ball carrier is already in the endzone and the linebacker laying on the ground wrapped around his legs is trying to twist the ball carrier's ankle to the point where his foot is pointing in the wrong direction.

I see it all the time. You saw it with Najee Harris on one of his rushing TD's against Ohio St. when Tuf Borland did it to the point that Harris was standing there in the endzone complaining to the officials about it while Borland was literally still twisting his ankle. The rules that are in place to protect players aren't being enforced fairly.

It doesn't make any sense to be able to try and unscrew a guy's foot from his leg with not even so much as a review - but call penalties for a guy's fingernail touching the QB's helmet. It's what happens when politics begin to seep into the bottom line. They've taken the head protection to extremes that don't even make sense and to hell with that kid's ankle and knee.

Problem with officiating penalties like that for 'vulnerable' and 'defenseless' players is that they'll spend 10 minutes looking for a penalty and reviewing a play where a guy's fingertip barely touched the QB's helmet, but won't spend any time reviewing plays where the ball carrier is already in the endzone and the linebacker laying on the ground wrapped around his legs is trying to twist the ball carrier's ankle to the point where his foot is pointing in the wrong direction.

I see it all the time. You saw it with Najee Harris on one of his rushing TD's against Ohio St. when Tuf Borland did it to the point that Harris was standing there in the endzone complaining to the officials about it while Borland was literally still twisting his ankle. The rules that are in place to protect players aren't being enforced fairly.

It doesn't make any sense to be able to try and unscrew a guy's foot from his leg with not even so much as a review - but call penalties for a guy's fingernail touching the QB's helmet. It's what happens when politics begin to seep into the bottom line. They've taken the head protection to extremes that don't even make sense and to hell with that kid's ankle and knee.
Yes I agree With all that, I was mainly comparing the defenseless receiver rule and applying it to the qb.

-There's still a smattering of pro days to get through that could facilitate some slight movement-

[Quarterback]

1st Round Grades

1. Trevor Lawrence* / Clemson / 6'6", 213

2. Justin Fields* / Ohio St. / 6'3", 228

3. Zach Wilson* / BYU / 6'2", 214

Day 2 Grades

4. Davis Mills* / Stanford / 6'4", 217

5. Trey Lance** / N. Dakota St. / 6'3", 224

6. Mac Jones* / Alabama / 6'3", 217

Day 3 Grades

7. Kyle Trask / Florida / 6'5", 236

8. Brady White / Memphis / 6'3", 210

9. Kellen Mond / Texas A&M / 6'2", 205

UDFA

10. Collin Hill / S. Carolina / 6'4", 213

11. Shane Buechele / SMU / 6'1", 207

12. Jaime Newman / Georgia / 6'3", 235

13. Feleipe Franks / Arkansas / 6'6", 234

14. Ian Book / Notre Dame / 6'0", 210

15. Peyton Ramsey / Northwestern / 6'2", 220

16. Sam Ehlinger / Texas / 6'1", 222

As much as I believe in Mac10, I think it's important to project him in a bad situation in the NFL and think about what he'd look like in it compared to some of the underclassman ranked above him. He's not going to have the luxuries he had in Tuscaloosa when he gets to the NFL in terms of both surrounding talent and scheming/playcalling that he had under Sarkisian. I'm pulling for him and I hope he lands in a terrific situation. He's better than a lot of people think, and in every facet. He got a lot of deserved hype for being by far the best QB in Mobile, but as you can see from my rankings - I believe a lot of that was simply due to how poor the rest of his competition really were as next level prospects.

Davis Mills is the kid that I'm not going to be surprised if he ended up the best quarterback from this class. Or at least one of the top two. He's had an incomplete college career and hasn't played much football, but what little he has put on film has been spectacular in my opinion - especially considering the situation he was in. Has all the physical tools he needs to take off at the next level. 5 star recruit and the top rated pro style quarterback coming out of high school for a reason. Keep an eye on where this kid goes and what happens.

Trevor Lawrence has so much big game experience and is so wonderfully talented, but he has warts. He's more accurate throwing on the move than he is standing in the pocket. He'll need to learn how to give himself up in the NFL when he scrambles instead of taking a lot of those unnecessary hits too. If you need a quarterback at the top of this draft, he's the kid you have to take.

If it weren't for Collin Hill's gingerbread knees and advanced age he'd rank as a day 3 prospect. He can flat spin the football and I know guys like CKparrothead have also liked him for a long time.

I'll sticky this thread and continue to add the rest of my composite offensive positional grades in the future.
Are you going to do one massive big board like you did last year? Top 100? I enjoyed that.

Pachyderm I’m surprised you have fields so high and mond so low. Chris Simms was mentioning he has a hitch in his throw and uses too much elbow which leads to inaccurate passes especially the easy short throws. Just bs?

Pachyderm I’m surprised you have fields so high and mond so low. Chris Simms was mentioning he has a hitch in his throw and uses too much elbow which leads to inaccurate passes especially the easy short throws. Just bs?

No it's accurate, he has a hitch in his delivery. I don't like it and it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Although I see a lot of room for improvement with Fields. He has a lot of physical tools to overcome a lot of flaws and a set of intangibles that rate pretty high in my book - and both of those are the key when you're not already a special player.

I'm not sure what to say about Mond other than I don't get the sudden adoration for him by anybody that's watched him play every Saturday for 4 years.

No it's accurate, he has a hitch in his delivery. I don't like it and it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Although I see a lot of room for improvement with Fields. He has a lot of physical tools to overcome a lot of flaws and a set of intangibles that rate pretty high in my book - and both of those are the key when you're not already a special player.

I'm not sure what to say about Mond other than I don't get the sudden adoration for him by anybody that's watched him play every Saturday for 4 years.

Mond reminds me of EJ Manuel

He has an ocean of talent, he's as fluid as the tin man, and consistently inconsistent .

EJ went what..top 20? Mond will be lucky to go top 4 rounds if based on where he "should" go..probably closer though, to late second, early third, in reality.

All of the sudden adoration for Mond to me is reminiscent of the same late adoration that they tried to heap on Drew Lock and Jalen Hurts.

After watching them play every Saturday for 4 years, NFL people just started trying to see things that weren't there. I wouldn't have taken any of 'em before Day 3 and the same applies to Mond.

All of the sudden adoration for Mond to me is reminiscent of the same late adoration that they tried to heap on Drew Lock and Jalen Hurts.

After watching them play every Saturday for 4 years, NFL people just started trying to see things that weren't there. I wouldn't have taken any of 'em before Day 3 and the same applies to Mond.
Mond is blah.

There is a lot of talk up here in New England that the Pat's like Mond as well as guys like Trask and Mills.

Not sure where Mond would be drafted but I assume Trask or Mills would be R2.

Back
Top Bottom