2021 Depth Chart (UPDATED: 09-02-2021, 01:34PM) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Depth Chart (UPDATED: 09-02-2021, 01:34PM)

QB - Tua, Brissett
RB - Najee, Brown, Gaskin, Ahmed
FB - Carter
WR - Parker, Fuller, Eskridge, Wilson, Bowden, Foster
TE - Pitts, Gesicki, Smythe, Shaheen
LT - Jackson, Pankey
LG - Flowers, Deiter
C - Humphreys, Skura
RG - Kindley
RT - Hunt, Davis

DL - Ogbah, Davis, Wilkins, Seiler, Butler, Shelvin, Strowbridge
LB/Edge - Van Ginkel, Beigel, Baker, McKinney, Scarlett, Riley, Jones II, Eguaveon
CB - X, Jones, Coleman, Igby, Needham
FS - McCain, Grant
SS - Rowe, Jones

ST - Sanders, Palardy, Ferguson

QB - Tua, Brissett
FB - Carter
LT - Jackson, Pankey
LG - Flowers, Deiter
C - Humphreys, Skura
RG - Kindley
RT - Hunt, Davis

LB/Edge - Van Ginkel, Beigel, Baker, McKinney, Scarlett, Riley, Jones II, Eguaveon
FS - McCain, Grant
SS - Rowe, Jones

I considered doing this... and adding the players that I wanted to draft.

I like it.

Love your chart... love your work, but if I could make one suggestion.

Since we spend virtually all of out time in 3 WR sets on Offense, and in 3-3-5 formations on defense, would you consider doing one of these for those formations? I think it would be a clearer version of what we do.

Some tidbits I've picked up...

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article233945117.html

Pats D 2018

personnel%age
4-2-530
3-2-620
2-2-74
5-2-41
only 1 LB7

I think Durval Queiroz Neto is playing Offensive Guard now instead of Defensive Tackle. Jake Rudock is not on the team right now as a backup QB. For the lineup you have that's about as good as any guess right now as anyone could make. The only open spots I see open to the rookie class right now maybe Sam Eguavoen, the Slot, RB, and backup OT positions. I'm beginning to like the depth on the team as that's key to getting through a complete season.

I have noticed Durval Queiroz Neto keeps switching back between OG & DT

The old way of looking at defensive line-ups just doesn't work anymore. Terms like 4-3 or 3-4 have become pretty much meaningless.

Slot corner play on almost every down, and so-called Linebackers play on the line of scrimmage.

I almost cringe when someone calls Christian Wilkins or Zach Seiler a Defensive END. End? you see those players on the line on the outside of these guys... right? Hell, many times we put 5 on the line of scrimmage and both of them are covered up.

The 'edge' term doesn't work real well either... some of these guys are 6'7 and 280, and some are 6'3 235.

So when I put together a depth chart, I try to put guys together who have the same role... no matter how they are listed in the program. I guess we have to call them something... but the labels mean less than they used to.

Gesicki and Pitts aren't really Tight Ends either.

Wilsonless chart

I doubt if my chart will be as good as Nublar's, but here's how I see it.

QB: Tua, Brissett, (possible rookie)
RB: (Probable rookie), Brown, Gaskin, Ahmed
FL1: DVP, Williams
FL2: Fuller, Foster
SLot: (Probable rookie), Wilson, Bowden
OLT: Jackson, Pankey
OLG: Kindley, Flowers
C: Skura, Deiter or (possible rookie)
ORG: Hunt
TE: Gesicki, Shaheen, Smythe, Carter

29: too many

Deep S: McCain, (probable rookie),
Box S: Rowe, Br. Jones, Fejedelem
CB1: By. Jones, Perry
CB2: Howard, Iggy
SlCB: Coleman, Needham
WSLB: Baker, Riley
Mike: McKinney, Scarlett
SSLB: Van Ginkle, (Probable rookie), Beigel
DT/DE: Ogbah, (Probable Rookie), Seiler, Strowbridge
NT: Davis, Butler
DT: Wilkins
P: Pallardy
PK: Sanders
LS: John Denney

28: Too many

I left off players like Benito Jones, Nate Holley, Calvin Munson, and Grant... and there are still too many. I think we're much better than last year, deeper anyway. I doubt if some of the signed FAs will even make the team, and someone will whine when we eat a bit of signing bonus money.

Some tidbits I've picked up...

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article233945117.html

Pats D 2018

personnel%age
4-2-530
3-2-620
2-2-74
5-2-41
only 1 LB7
Thanks for the interesting breakdown.

I would only point out that it appears to be a breakdown of alignment, and not necessarily player position.

For example, when KVN or AVG were lining up on the LOS, yes it's a 4-X-X alignment, but they are not DEs.

Thanks for the interesting breakdown.

I would only point out that it appears to be a breakdown of alignment, and not necessarily player position.

For example, when KVN or AVG were lining up on the LOS, yes it's a 4-X-X alignment, but they are not DEs.

The alignment breakdown was based on the 2018 Pats D.

I thought I had something else besides the phinsider and B Jackson articles

p.s. I have adjusted to Flores' scheme... I still prefer 4-2-5 (TCU) & 4-3 (Seahawks) run

QB - Tua, Brissett
FB - Carter
LT - Jackson, Pankey
LG - Flowers, Deiter
C - Humphreys, Skura
RG - Kindley
RT - Hunt, Davis

FS - McCain, Grant
SS - Rowe, Jones

Itsbeautiful.gif

IMO the odds of Hunt not being the starting RT are almost as low as Wilson's (yes, the one that was cut) odds of being the starting RT.

I used to do this on this forum WAY back, like back during the 2007-2010 seasons I believe. There are a lot of websites with rosters and depth charts, but they typically have players in wrong spots or players who should be starting as backups, etc. So I used to create my own depth chart file I updated as often as possible, so I decided to take a crack at one for 2021. Now this first file might be pretty rough, so I am asking for any and all input on where certain players maybe should be compared to where I have them now. For example, is Isaiah Wilson at backup right tackle behind Hunt AND Davis the right spot? Also let me know if you see anyone missing (though I think I have everyone to date).

Click the attachment to check out if you are interested.

UPDATED: 03-20-2021, 11:10AM
Awesome Nubs! Thanks for taking the time, glad to see it back!

Back
Top Bottom