2021 Depth Chart (UPDATED: 09-02-2021, 01:34PM) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Depth Chart (UPDATED: 09-02-2021, 01:34PM)

Maybe Im wrong, but as I remember, the Phins played in 4-3 alignment with two DTs and two DEs on the field, combination of Sieler, Wilkins, Davis inside and Ogbah and Shaq outside,

They switch in and out of it but i thought that was the base D as well.
I've never considered Wilkens a true nose tackle
Davis is I guess

Lol we have 10 WRs on the roster right now?

Can't wait to see Grant get cut. I have nothing against him personally, I'm just tired of his off season hype followed up by regular season drops.
What is funny is on one hand it feels like we desperately need more WR help (which is true at the top) but on the other hand we have so many receivers. lol. There are just so many guys that can easily fill the 4-6 spots, so at least there it will be a nice competition

If this is indeed the case, I can make that adjustment

No need. But I do not think Ogbah will play at 5 tech. He is an EDGE.
I think Van Ginkel and Ogbah will be at EDGE, and Wilkins and Davis inside, with Sieler coming in on short down perhaps. I think that's what they did last year, bring in more bodies on short downs.
McKinney at SLB, Baker at WLB. We are still looking for MLB, unless McKinney moves there and Biegel or Eguavon goes to SLB.

What is funny is on one hand it feels like we desperately need more WR help (which is true at the top) but on the other hand we have so many receivers. lol. There are just so many guys that can easily fill the 4-6 spots, so at least there it will be a nice competition
Keep in mind you always have some injuries too. Also, the last two spots normally go to WR's that can play ST's. Foster with that speed might have an advantage there for that 6th spot.

I doubt if my chart will be as good as Nublar's, but here's how I see it.

QB: Tua, Brissett, (possible rookie)
RB: (Probable rookie), Brown, Gaskin, Ahmed
FL1: DVP, Williams
FL2: Fuller, Foster
SLot: (Probable rookie), Wilson, Bowden
OLT: Jackson, Pankey or (possible rookie)
OLG: Kindley, Flowers
C: Skura, Deiter or (possible rookie)
ORG: Hunt
TE: Gesicki, Shaheen, Smythe, Carter

29: too many

Deep S: McCain, (probable rookie),
Box S: Rowe, Br. Jones, Fejedelem
CB1: By. Jones, Perry
CB2: Howard, Iggy
SlCB: Coleman, Needham
WSLB: Baker, Riley
Mike: McKinney, Scarlett
SSLB: Van Ginkle, (Probable rookie), Beigel
DT/DE: Ogbah, (Probable Rookie), Seiler, Strowbridge
NT: Davis, Butler
DT: Wilkins
P: Pallardy
PK: Sanders
LS: John Denney

28: Too many

I left off players like Benito Jones, Nate Holley, Calvin Munson, and Grant... and there are still too many. I think we're much better than last year, deeper anyway. I doubt if some of the signed FAs will even make the team, and someone will whine when we eat a bit of signing bonus money.

I left off players like Benito Jones, Nate Holley, Calvin Munson, and Grant... and there are still too many. I think we're much better than last year, deeper anyway. I doubt if some of the signed FAs will even make the team, and someone will whine when we eat a bit of signing bonus money.
Interesting that you think Wilson is going to start at RT. Hoping it shakes out that way, but it’s unrealistic to have any expectation with that guy at *this* point.

To answer a few of the questions above, I did two WR sets and a 3-4 defense because I believe that is how the Dolphins officially do their depth charts for the team during the season.
Lazy...

Can u post the starting lineup for every single formation we ran last year?

Last edited:

John Denney - forever our LS

I think Durval Queiroz Neto is playing Offensive Guard now instead of Defensive Tackle. Jake Rudock is not on the team right now as a backup QB. For the lineup you have that's about as good as any guess right now as anyone could make. The only open spots I see open to the rookie class right now maybe Sam Eguavoen, the Slot, RB, and backup OT positions. I'm beginning to like the depth on the team as that's key to getting through a complete season.

Interesting that you think Wilson is going to start at RT. Hoping it shakes out that way, but it’s unrealistic to have any expectation with that guy at *this* point.
I think he could... but there's a reason I put Davis right behind him.

A dream... and a reality.

Back
Top Bottom