2021 Draft will be the draft that dictates who will have jobs in Miami the next couple of years | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Draft will be the draft that dictates who will have jobs in Miami the next couple of years

Nobody knows, and we didn't see enough of Mahommes in his rookie season since he only started one game with a slightly better cast.
Slightly better cast? Kelce -> Pro Bowl, Tyreek Hill -> Pro Bowl, Kareem Hunt -> Pro Bowl... KC had 2 1000+ yds receivers(With Alex Smith as QB) and Hunt had 1327 yds on the ground... Slightly is not the word you're looking for here...

Last edited:
Slightly better cast? Kelce -> Pro Bowl, Tyreek Hill -> Pro Bowl, Kareem Hunt -> Pro Bowl... KC had 2 1000+ yds receivers(With Alex Smith as QB) and Hunt had 1327 yds on the ground... Slightly is not the work you're looking for here...
Mahommes started the last game of the 2017 season. The chiefs were putting good offensive numbers on the board with Alex Smith. Alex Smith had his best season in the nfl that very same year. He
certainly would have been a stable upgrade for us from what we have now. With That said, KC in 2017 had the same record we did this year. Matter of fact, while Hunt rushed for over 1000 yards, the only receiver
that was consistent was just Tyreek Hill, and Travis Kelce at tight end. Had Gisecki been in those teams he would perform to equal standards as Kelce as they are both talented tight ends. One just happen to play
for better quarterbacks. Tyreek Hill is just about the only receiver we don't have in terms of talent but if Parker were to be in that team he would also be a 1000 receiver. Either how, when your quarterback clicks, everything
else clicks. Having a good qb, good wr, good rb, With such an awesome cast guess what record it yielded the chiefs that year? A 10-6 record, so the word slightly here is very accurate even though their defense was less talented, Kansas City still had to get more pieces in order to win the big one, we are not even there yet. We are still trying to find out if Tua has it or not. And even there is strong speculation that Miami may or may not end up being tempted to use their 3rd overall on a qb.

Mahommes started the last game of the 2017 season. The chiefs were putting good offensive numbers on the board with Alex Smith. Alex Smith had his best season in the nfl that very same year. He
certainly would have been a stable upgrade for us from what we have now. With That said, KC in 2017 had the same record we did this year. Matter of fact, while Hunt rushed for over 1000 yards, the only receiver
that was consistent was just Tyreek Hill, and Travis Kelce at tight end. Had Gisecki been in those teams he would perform to equal standards as Kelce as they are both talented tight ends. One just happen to play
for better quarterbacks. Tyreek Hill is just about the only receiver we don't have in terms of talent but if Parker were to be in that team he would also be a 1000 receiver. Either how, when your quarterback clicks, everything
else clicks. Having a good qb, good wr, good rb, With such an awesome cast guess what record it yielded the chiefs that year? A 10-6 record, so the word slightly here is very accurate even though their defense was less talented, Kansas City still had to get more pieces in order to win the big one, we are not even there yet. We are still trying to find out if Tua has it or not. And even there is strong speculation that Miami may or may not end up being tempted to use their 3rd overall on a qb.
The only outlandish thing you left out is MG could be as good as Hunt is.

I am totally against picking a QB in the first or second round. They need to upgrade the skill positions on offense because they had probably the worst WR. Corp in the NFL this past season and below average RB’s. Give Tua better pass protection an average running game and an actual group of NFL WR’s and he will be an excellent NFL QB.

I am totally against picking a QB in the first or second round. They need to upgrade the skill positions on offense because they had probably the worst WR. Corp in the NFL this past season and below average RB’s. Give Tua better pass protection an average running game and an actual group of NFL WR’s and he will be an excellent NFL QB.

I think most people in their right mind would want everything to workout. But what if Tua doesn't workout, and we know enough to at least make a decision on the future of the franchise to know that we could make a better long term choice with that pick? I would think that had Tua not been benched multiple times, and not look very bad in the Buffalo game we would be here having a different conversation. Herbert was picked after Tua, and overall he had a great Rookie season as a starting qb. Not that he should be the barometer as to whether our pick was bad or not, but that should give many of us something to think about hard.

C'mon, that's so laughable to imagine, how could that happen to any draft prospect?

In hindsight its actually kind of laughable that Tunsil was a #1 overall potential guy before the video. He wasn't a bad player and all but he certainly wouldn't have been worth where he would have been drafted sans video.
In that draft, there are only three people (one really) you could argue would have been a potential #1 overall. That's Bosa, Elliot, and Henry.

We had the worst WR corp...that was playing. Preston Williams being out made a difference. Albert Wilson and Hurns opting out made a difference. The cupboard is not bare...it just wasn't available.

If privately, Ross, Grier and Flores are having 2nd thoughts on the Tua pick, then trading down makes sense. Admitting that they were wrong on Tua especially with Herbert going right after will be ALMOST impossible after 2 years. But my biggest point in all these threads is that admitting they were wrong after only ONE season is impossible. It's not going to happen. And I'm not even arguing if they should move on. I can't predict if Tua turns out great. All I'm saying is that they will not admit a mistake of this magnitude after one season. It would be professional suicide for Grier and possibly Flores.
That’s the last thing I want is them to be afraid...The rookie wage scale makes anything possible.

If they evaluate and feel they can’t pass on a QB prospect that’s available at #3....I have no problem with developing two rookies and divesting one down the road.

The important thing as I see it is getting QB right while you have a young team.

If they are comfortable rolling with Tua...I would like a mid round development QB.

Slightly better cast? Kelce -> Pro Bowl, Tyreek Hill -> Pro Bowl, Kareem Hunt -> Pro Bowl... KC had 2 1000+ yds receivers(With Alex Smith as QB) and Hunt had 1327 yds on the ground... Slightly is not the work you're looking for here...
Yeah, KC was already established as a solid playoff team.

Not a valid comparison at all.

Yeah, KC was already established as a solid playoff team.

Not a valid comparison at all.
KC didn't even win a single playoff game the year Mahommes ended up starting the last game. They basically lost in the wild card round. Year before they lost in the divisional round in spite of their good record.

KC didn't even win a single playoff game the year Mahommes ended up starting the last game. They basically lost in the wild card round. Year before they lost in the divisional round in spite of their good record.
And?

They were a playoff team, and were expected to be going forward, even with Alex.

The point was the Phins were definitely not, thus the reason I think it was not a valid comparison. The debate had nothing to do with championship expectations.

And?

They were a playoff team, and were expected to be going forward, even with Alex.

The point was the Phins were definitely not, thus the reason I think it was not a valid comparison. The debate had nothing to do with championship expectations.

To be fair with you, I see your point. The Chiefs couldn't beat the Steelers two years in a row in the post season. They were winning games, but with a weak strength of schedule. Either how, the Chiefs did something with their team that we haven't. We have to many holes to fill in.

To be fair with you, I see your point. The Chiefs couldn't beat the Steelers two years in a row in the post season. They were winning games, but with a weak strength of schedule. Either how, the Chiefs did something with their team that we haven't. We have to many holes to fill in.
Of course we have holes. We burned it completely to the ground to get back to cap sanity. We are only one year in on a total rebuild.

That's so not where KC was. That's my point.

Of course we have holes. We burned it completely to the ground to get back to cap sanity. We are only one year in on a total rebuild.

That's so not where KC was. That's my point.

He lost me with his player evals, comparing Kelce to Gesiki. I like Gesiki, but in no universe is he the football player right now that Kelce is.

Back
Top Bottom