2021 Free Agents | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Free Agents

I feel like people think we have more money than we do with all these big names going around.. maybe 1 of them, but we are likely looking for bargains

isn’t it like 26 mil? And a good chunk of that goes to rookies. Just saying, we can be smart about the spending. I guess If you can recoup some money from McCain, that makes signing a new safety much easier, but Maye and Williams definitely will be more costly than mccain

all those top tier receivers will cost more than Parker too, that why I’m on board for Samuel for sure

Please, keep it realistic. There are a lot of teams that are in cap hell but some are sitting just fine to keep their top ranked free agents. Not every player listed as a free agent has a chance at actually hitting free agency.

C'mon, let's keep it real.

Please, keep it realistic. There are a lot of teams that are in cap hell but some are sitting just fine to keep their top ranked free agents. Not every player listed as a free agent has a chance at actually hitting free agency.

C'mon, let's keep it real.

I think the only player that’s been discussed that’s more likely than not to be resigned is Marcus Maye. All other players being discussed in this thread are likely hitting the market, especially the receivers.

Anywho, my realistic free agency would include signing one of the top WRs and if we cut McCain, a safety. I think we can fill the other needs in the draft. I don’t want to go overboard with the spending

I feel like people think we have more money than we do with all these big names going around.. maybe 1 of them, but we are likely looking for bargains

isn’t it like 26 mil? And a good chunk of that goes to rookies. Just saying, we can be smart about the spending. I guess If you can recoup some money from McCain, that makes signing a new safety much easier, but Maye and Williams definitely will be more costly than mccain

all those top tier receivers will cost more than Parker too, that why I’m on board for Samuel for sure
I understand the logic to a degree, but with 3/4 of the teams in a worse cap situation than Miami where are all these free agents going that can offer more than Miami? They can't all be going to 6 or 7 teams. I think you're go to see a lot of players signing cheaper 1 or 2 years deals with the hope of going back on the market quickly next season when the market returns to normal.

Last edited:
I think the only player that’s been discussed that’s more likely than not to be resigned is Marcus Maye. All other players being discussed in this thread are likely hitting the market, especially the receivers.

Anywho, my realistic free agency would include signing one of the top WRs and if we cut McCain, a safety. I think we can fill the other needs in the draft. I don’t want to go overboard with the spending

I don't think 'top' and 'Miami' are compatible, unless, as others have said, their is a significant pool of talent, but few interested teams. As it stands, Miami has no money for keeping $8-10MM reserves AND money for rookies AND a top (AKA expensive) FA. All that, of course, depends on how the league adjusts cap in '21

Does nybody know if the rookie pay scale will be adjusted too? I can't see rookies making as much or more as the 2020 class, but vet players might have to sign for less. Is the rookie cap tied to the overall salary cap in such a way so that if the cap decreases the rookie scale decreases at a similar rate?

I think Chris Godwin Allen Robinson or Juju Smith Schuster we absolutely need to target 1 of those 3 guys and then either Marcus Williams or Marcus Maye at Safety. Sign some combination of one each and then fill in some role spots with good value FAs.
I don't expect Miami to spend big, but if they can make one exception I would love Allen Robinson.

The Dolphins need to revamp/overhaul the wide receiver group. Robinson and a high pick could do that.

I would like Trey Hendrickson.

From FAU, and the first year they give him over 50% of snaps he has 13.5 sacks.

No thanks to perrymam. He is always hurt

no Steelers. Dupree gets one on one blocking cause of watt. I don’t want their receivers either.

now what about Simmons the safety from Broncos? I think the staff values mancain. I think people on here don’t realize that and how good his communication is. He has us I the right defense and he is solid tackler. But I would take Simmons.

Back
Top Bottom