2021 Free Agents | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Free Agents

No thanks to perrymam. He is always hurt

no Steelers. Dupree gets one on one blocking cause of watt. I don’t want their receivers either.

now what about Simmons the safety from Broncos? I think the staff values mancain. I think people on here don’t realize that and how good his communication is. He has us I the right defense and he is solid tackler. But I would take Simmons.
We really missed McCain against KC. 2 of the long TD happened when wasn’t on the field

We really missed McCain against KC. 2 of the long TD happened when wasn’t on the field
yep he isn't the best safety in the league but he is sold and I think valued by the staff and underapprecaited by the fanbase. Those long tds happened when he was out of the game. good call.

I really don't think the plan is or should be to spend much money this off season... If we are players in the market it will be cheap bargain basement players.
My Rational for that is simple. This season was a financial nightmare for the League and the cap is not growing and there is no proof that it will grow next year. I think we will be cautious and focus on the Draft.

We'll see who becomes available.

Mayes would be sweet.

I'd take a chance on Perryman.

We might be forced to draft playmakers. Just like last year when we needed a big fish at offensive line, nothing was out there...managed to catch a Karras, though.

no Steelers. Dupree gets one on one blocking cause of watt. I don’t want their receivers either.

now what about Simmons the safety from Broncos? I think the staff values mancain. I think people on here don’t realize that and how good his communication is. He has us I the right defense and he is solid tackler. But I would take Simmons.
there were two safeties I wanted the dolphins to draft desperately in recent past, Tyrone Matthieu and Justin Simmons, Simmons would be the coup of free agency if we could sign him, great player.

I really don't think the plan is or should be to spend much money this off season... If we are players in the market it will be cheap bargain basement players.
My Rational for that is simple. This season was a financial nightmare for the League and the cap is not growing and there is no proof that it will grow next year. I think we will be cautious and focus on the Draft.
In general, i would agree. I do think it will be a "buyers" market though, as the total amount of available $ will be low.

We should be able to pick up a couple mid tier guys on team friendly deals.

I don't think they can leave the cap at the set "floor", but if they do, there will be many teams who's hands are tied, and players let go, who wouldn't have been otherwise.

The Jets and the Pats both have a lot of cap space.

I'd be looking hard and long at teams like the Saints, Eagles, Falcons, and Packers. You would think they are going to be forced to let guys go.

The Jets and the Pats both have a lot of cap space.

I'd be looking hard and long at teams like the Saints, Eagles, Falcons, and Packers. You would think they are going to be forced to let guys go.
I'm sure there's plenty of hand wringing going on amonst many of the owners.

If they don't do something to mitigate the damage of a drastically lower cap number, the entire NFL pecking order will be redrawn. While that might be a good thing for some teams/owners, more stand to see their plans go down the drain. The players union surely isn't going to be happy about it either.

I believe they will end up a bit under 200 mil, as opposed to the 175 mil floor. That number was based on a worst case Covid scenario, and as luck would have it, they were able to have a completed season. The owners didn't "lose" as much as they would have if the season was terminated after a few weeks.

JMO

I thought the same thing about Watt, but I saw this when arguing with a Steeler fan about Howard and Watt DPOY comparison. According to ESPN Sports Analytics, Dupree has faced double teams more than twice as often as fellow outside linebacker Watt. Dupree is being double-teamed on more than 27% of his pass-rush snaps through three games this season. Watt, meanwhile, has been double-teamed less than 12% of the time.

I thought the same thing about Watt, but I saw this when arguing with a Steeler fan about Howard and Watt DPOY comparison. According to ESPN Sports Analytics, Dupree has faced double teams more than twice as often as fellow outside linebacker Watt. Dupree is being double-teamed on more than 27% of his pass-rush snaps through three games this season. Watt, meanwhile, has been double-teamed less than 12% of the time.
Edit this was from October mind you so 🤷, about the numbers from game 4 to when Dupree got hurt.

I wouldn't mind making a run at Corey Linsley, he may cost to much though, same with Aaron Jones as well.

I know many people don’t like second contracts to RB’s, but I’m very interested in Aaron Jones, he accounts for a important % of Green Bay touches, yards and Td’s.
I don’t know the demand and therefore salary he will demand, But I’ll be very very interested, specially since I expect ETN and Harry going first round.

I know many people don’t like second contracts to RB’s, but I’m very interested in Aaron Jones, he accounts for a important % of Green Bay touches, yards and Td’s.
I don’t know the demand and therefore salary he will demand, But I’ll be very very interested, specially since I expect ETN and Harry going first round.

Statistics​

YearGames PlayedGames MissedSnapsRushingReceivingFumbles
InjuredHealthyOffenseSpecialAttYardsAvgTDRecYardsAvgTDTotalLost
2017123122.5%7.5%814485.549222.4000
2018122035.0%4.0%1337285.58262067.9111
2019160061.2%0.0%23610844.616494749.7332
2020142051.8%0.0%20111045.59473557.6200

Free Agency: 2021 (UFA)​

Accrued Seasons: 4​

• Height: 5-9
  • Weight: 208
  • College: Texas-El Paso
  • Entry: 2017 Draft, Round 5, #182 overall (Packers)
  • 2020 Salary Cap Charge: $2,182,002 (1.07% of cap)
  • 2020 Cash Payout: $2,133,000 (1.05% of spending)
  • 2020 Cash to Cap Ratio: 0.98
  • Contract Value: $2,601,948 ($650,487 APY)
  • Fully Guaranteed Money: $201,948
  • Contract Ranking: 135/151 at RB
2020 OTC Valuation: $9,374,000

Back
Top Bottom