2021 Free Agents | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Free Agents

Justin Simmons all day and pick between Robinson or Godwin at WR. Get a solid WR with 3 or 18 in the draft and build out the OL/DL with the rest!

Statistics​

InjuredHealthyOffenseSpecialAttYardsAvgTDRecYardsAvgTDTotalLost
YearGames PlayedGames MissedSnapsRushingReceivingFumbles
2017123122.5%7.5%814485.549222.4000
2018122035.0%4.0%1337285.58262067.9111
2019160061.2%0.0%23610844.616494749.7332
2020142051.8%0.0%20111045.59473557.6200

Free Agency: 2021 (UFA)​

Accrued Seasons: 4​

• Height: 5-9
  • Weight: 208
  • College: Texas-El Paso
  • Entry: 2017 Draft, Round 5, #182 overall (Packers)
  • 2020 Salary Cap Charge: $2,182,002 (1.07% of cap)
  • 2020 Cash Payout: $2,133,000 (1.05% of spending)
  • 2020 Cash to Cap Ratio: 0.98
  • Contract Value: $2,601,948 ($650,487 APY)
  • Fully Guaranteed Money: $201,948
  • Contract Ranking: 135/151 at RB
2020 OTC Valuation: $9,374,000
1104 td’s...I will take that

As far as WR's are concerned, we should do everything to sign Kenny Golladay or Allen Robinson. All others, no thanks especially Smith-Schuster. He's too much of a diva and certainly wouldn't help Tua...

What's the Bucs cap situation like, and can they even afford to tag Godwin?

Edit: Okay so they have about $30 million in cap space, but Godwin, Shaq Barrett, and Lavonte David are all free agents.

I'm right in thinking AJ Green is a free agent this year. I think we should throw a couple of million his way to get a one year weapon for Tua while the rookie that we should draft is evolving

I'll give you that, but maybe with another top end wide out we might get more out of Parker. I think the issue he faced this season was most teams knew the reads were Parker, Gesicki and then hope that Grant some how gets open

Chris Godwin would be nice. Haason Reddick would be a good complement to Baker. We get those two, we won FA.
Where does Reddick and his accompanying salary play?

In Lawson or Van Noy's spot?

Where does Reddick and his accompanying salary play?

In Lawson or Van Noy's spot?

Next to Baker in a stack LB role replacing Elandon Roberts.

He may dig into Van Noy's Nickel snaps a lil' bit also and that's a good thing.

Better coverage and pass rush. You could also flip Van Noy into stack LB and Reddick into LOLB once in a while. Actually I think Van Noy might eventually be better suited there as he loses explosiveness w age and Reddick might also fit LOLB a bit better since he lacks instincts a lil' bit to play stack LB.

Last edited:
Next to Baker in a stack LB role replacing Elandon Roberts.

He may dig into Van Noy's Nickel snaps a lil' bit also and that's a good thing.

Better coverage and pass rush. You could also flip Van Noy into stack LB and Reddick into LOLB once in a while. Actually I think Van Noy might eventually be better suited there as he loses explosiveness w age and Reddick might also fit LOLB a bit better since he lacks instincts a lil' bit to play stack LB.
Being in a stack LB situation was the primary reason he was ., close to being looked at as a bust. They put him on the edge and he blossomed. I like him a little better than Van Noy in that case. I don't know if I would put him back in a position to fail.

Marcus Maye x 1000

Only Jet I respect, that dude is a friggin baller

Godwin and juju are extremely hard passes.

Being in a stack LB situation was the primary reason he was ., close to being looked at as a bust. They put him on the edge and he blossomed. I like him a little better than Van Noy in that case. I don't know if I would put him back in a position to fail.

IMO he'll be more than fine if you just give him a gap to shoot whether it's run or pass or a man assignment whether run or pass. Like, as in give him coverage assignments that also make sense as far as who'd attempt to block him on a run play or gap assignments that match in either run plays or blitzing on pass plays. Don't make him read and react. Let him either chase a guy or shoot a gap regardless.

As I mentioned also flip him and Van Noy about 30% the plays. He'd also be a lot better in coverage/blitz from the nickel.

AZ's front 3/4 have sucked during most of his career. I'm sure if kept clean he'd make lots of plays.

Just play him the way we play Baker basically, he's just slightly bigger and better stacking and shedding than Baker. If we got Baker 7 sacks god knows how many we could get Reddick. We don't seem to funnel runners into a tackling machine LBer like other defenses do. Apparently we trust our overall speed to just swarm to the ball. Apparently we like our LBs to blitz and cover. If we wanted a legit tackling-machine-gap-sealing-read-and-react-stack LBer we would have just kept McMillan.

A classic nickel LB delayed-inside blitz w him and Baker would hit home very often.

He'll probably play for about the same as Lawson and Van Noy, around $10M a year and be more productive in terms of PBUs, TFL and sacks. Of course Lawson can set the edge and Van Noy has better stack and shed and instincts but pass rush and man coverage, which apparently are the traits we value most, you'll have a hard time finding a better guy.

He also does have very refined tackling technique. Haven't seen many better. He's stopping you and bringing you down. For all his sacks and QB hits, he rarely gets flagged. Knows how to keep it clean.

Perfect cover zero guy.

Last edited:
Not a free agent, but would consider trading with the Saints for M Thomas and Demario Davis. $th or 5th rd picks

I think the draft class is deep enough at WR and RB but you need experience at Oline. I have no problem with us drafting another good OL. But 5 inexperienced starting linemen isn't a good idea. We should try if possible to upgrade Karras and Flowers in FA.

Anyone know if there's a way out of Flowers contract? It's a lot of money for a guy who'll likely be our backup LG.

Back
Top Bottom