2021 Free Agents | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Free Agents

Hard to believe I am suggesting this but a not too expensive option may be Nelson Agohlar although his productive year may have added to his pricetag
He does get the dropsies at times tho

Hard to believe I am suggesting this but a not too expensive option may be Nelson Agohlar although his productive year may have added to his pricetag
He does get the dropsies at times tho

I know he looked good last year but I'm just not super sold on him..

I wouldn't mind Fuller and his speed but unfortunately he might be looking at a big pay raise

I wouldn't mind Fuller and his speed but unfortunately he might be looking at a big pay raise
can't argue...just seems like a decent possibility

Demarcus Robinson is one that we need to sign. He is one of the most underrated WR in this league. Him along with I'm hoping Chase, Parker, Bowden, and Wilson would be pretty nasty

Is anyone interested in Ryan Kerrigan from Washington? His last deal was huge, and I don't know if he was worth it, but he wants to be a starter and a solid contract could land him since we will be a contender next year.

Fuller is a 100 times better than Agholor. Albert Wilson is also better than Nelson.

We definitely have money to acquire FA's. We're one of the top third teams in the league cap-wise. Since the salary cap is going down, the FA market will be less-unreasonable price-wise than usual ... so comparatively it is a good year to go after FA's. But, I don't see us being quite as active as last year. I think we'll attempt to fill our holes in the roster (e.g. pass rusher, safety, nickel, OL, RB) through the draft. Then, if we cannot, or there are not good options in the draft (pass rushers?) or someone is particularly inexpensive (RB's?) we may pick up some FA's. If we still have holes because the draft board didn't break the way we expected, we may add guys for those spots after the draft.

This year will be about 1) creating a defense with enough depth and youth to sustainably continue playing like we did in 2020 even if Xavien Howard, Emmanuel Ogbah, or Kyle Van Noy get injured, and 2) building a cohesive offense that can challenge downfield and maintain a chain-moving run game to grind out victories. To these ends I foresee us giving more responsibility to youth players like Brandon Jones, Durham Smythe, and Tua.

This should be a fantastic offseason, but I anticipate that being because of our drafted players moreso than our FA influx. Grier is on a hot streak right now, and he'll likely want to save a chunk of cap to retain his core of young players and keep the stars like X and Ogbah happy.

Is anyone interested in Ryan Kerrigan from Washington? His last deal was huge, and I don't know if he was worth it, but he wants to be a starter and a solid contract could land him since we will be a contender next year.

I was thinking about him watching the playoff game. A cheap vet add for the 34 olb reps. He’s 30 plus which is probably gonna have Miami pass though.

Id rather have preston smith if they are moving on from him to let rashan Gary take over as the starter. He looks ready for a promotion to me

Smith probably cost more though I’d say. And he might be over the preferred age also.

Who are those mid-tier sleepers? Young players on the upswing that won't cost a lot? I think that's where Miami mostly shops for free agents. There could be one bigger addition, but I think this year is more about adding depth in free agency.

Who are those mid-tier sleepers? Young players on the upswing that won't cost a lot? I think that's where Miami mostly shops for free agents. There could be one bigger addition, but I think this year is more about adding depth in free agency.
Probably a little better than mid-tier, but Curtis Samuel, WR from Carolina. Slightly bigger, sturdier version of Jakeem Grant.

I don't know if there will be any really big additions. My guess is that our biggest salary additions will be around that $10 mil/per range. I'm thinking something like the Flowers, Ogbah, Lawson additions. In that range I think the options are WRs like Corey Davis or Curtis Samuel or G/Cs like Thuney or Corey Linsley or David Andrews if we don't sign Karras. Maybe a RB like Chris Carson or Mike Davis? It seems tough to imagine us going in big at RB, but we did pursue Le'veon Bell pretty hard so who knows maybe they'll feel the same about Aaron Jones?

Probably a little better than mid-tier, but Curtis Samuel, WR from Carolina. Slightly bigger, sturdier version of Jakeem Grant.
I could see that. I would think Miami has two or three significant improvements at wide receiver counting the draft.

Back
Top Bottom