2021 NFL Draft: Ja'Marr Chase, Kyle Pitts headline Next Gen Stats' can't-miss prospects---NFL.COM | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 NFL Draft: Ja'Marr Chase, Kyle Pitts headline Next Gen Stats' can't-miss prospects---NFL.COM

Gatorboy999120

Active Roster
Reaction score

Interesting article..uses Next Gen Stats to predict the Top 7 "Can't miss" Prospects.

The Top 7 are as follows:

T-1. Ja'Marr Chase
T-1. Kyle Pitts
3. Micah Parsons
4. Patrick Surtain II
5. Jaycee Horn
6. Trevor Lawrence
7. Kadarius Toney

That's even more of a concern in a year without a combine. There will always be more variation when you just have pro day numbers.

And the thing about Pitts that I think people are missing is that it's not about his measurables. There have been a ton of TE and WR with eye popping measurables that haven't done squat. What makes Pitts a great prospect is that he's able to separate and has great hands.

That's even more of a concern in a year without a combine. There will always be more variation when you just have pro day numbers.

And the thing about Pitts that I think people are missing is that it's not about his measurables. There have been a ton of TE and WR with eye popping measurables that haven't done squat. What makes Pitts a great prospect is that he's able to separate and has great hands.
Exactly..it's a combination of all his skills that also translate to football!

Yeah...and I get that pro-day times are usually faster..he still was impressive at his pro-day..but yeah lol
Don't get me wrong. Would be happy to have him. Just know he's not as fast as D'wayne Eskridge.

Some pro day scores definitely suspect this year beyond Chase. They're being treated like the actual combine, which is already relied on too much as a portrayal of functional athleticism.

Every year someone comes out with their, “can’t miss prospects”. Then you look back a few years and discover that nearly have of those prospects missed.
I would imagine 2 or 3 of this years “can’t miss” will be in that missed list a few years from now. I think the first on that list of missed will likely be Toney but maybe he will prove me wrong.

Back
Top Bottom