2021 (Way-too-early) NFL Draft discussion | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 (Way-too-early) NFL Draft discussion

Those guys should not be hard to replace and Miami won't have nearly as much cash to throw around but they should be able to keep any and all of those guys if they want.

Breida seems like a guy they would want to keep since I doubt they traded a 5th round pick to rent him for one year.

That was my first instinct. This regime is most likely to sign the one guy it pursued.

I don't view any of them as imperative. We know they liked Godchaux more than Vincent Taylor. Whether they like Godchaux long term is another matter entirely. He doesn't make enough plays for a smaller interior guy. There are hints when they draft someone like Raekwon Davis.

Yes, on the first long TD, Stingley was looking over to the sideline at the snap. I don't believe it happened again, but Smith smoked him all game - ready or not.

Slightness is easily the biggest knock against Smith, and it's the only football-related reason for him to return for 2020. Generally speaking, I'd say it's a pretty big concern, but I don't see it as a significant hindrance for him.

I’m good with that and those gifs you showed featured a smith getting the best of stingley although I tbink that might be more about differences in polish between the two.

that said Marvin Harrison if I recall ran like a 4.39 and his play speed was sick in the pros regardless of his timed speed so it will be interesting to see if smith times that fast.

I do see some of the similarities though frames are similar no doubt.

Didn't really need a corner in this draft...took one...high.
This is where I’ll disagree since it’s such a passing league now. X has trouble staying healthy as well. So needham would have to fill his role, I’d rather have someone like Noah, filling the nickel, rather than some late round or undrafted guy. We needed an extra piece there. CB is a premium position.

I understand people wanted weapons. Like RB, and WR. I think they made the right move here by strengthening our lines and DBs. Those were our two worst units.

I’m good with that and those gifs you showed featured a smith getting the best of stingley although I tbink that might be more about differences in polish between the two.

that said Marvin Harrison if I recall ran like a 4.39 and his play speed was sick in the pros regardless of his timed speed so it will be interesting to see if smith times that fast.

I do see some of the similarities though frames are similar no doubt.

Agree that polish was the difference in the matchup. Stingley is the type of prospect you draft even if you have Deion Sanders, Champ Bailey, and Darrell Revis - just too good to pass up. In fact, I can almost guarantee that he'll be my top non-QB prospect in 2022.

I'd say 4.45 is the slowest I expect Smith to run. Stingley is a low 4.3's guy, and I think he would have closed the gap on those deep balls if Smith wasn't pretty fast.

I think an off ball LB will be more a priority than WR early in this draft. Especially if Parker continues to grow and Preston continues where he left off. Won't need to spend a high 1st to add a 3rd/slot type to the offense.

Micah Parsons replaces Baker the day he is drafted and adds a true mike backer to the defense that can do it all. He's my #1 target for Miami early on in the draft. Secures the qb for the defense a year after the offense.

We need a RB and a true TE.

We needed an extra piece there. CB is a premium position.

I didn't say he wasn't good.

I didn't say I wouldn't draft him high...just not that high.

I said he was drafted TOO high and he was a luxury. Extra pieces are luxuries to me.

I think an off ball LB will be more a priority than WR early in this draft. Especially if Parker continues to grow and Preston continues where he left off. Won't need to spend a high 1st to add a 3rd/slot type to the offense.

Micah Parsons replaces Baker the day he is drafted and adds a true mike backer to the defense that can do it all. He's my #1 target for Miami early on in the draft. Secures the qb for the defense a year after the offense.

We need a RB and a true TE.

Parsons is a pretty sure to be a top 10 pick.Miami will have to trade up for him or Rousseau(the top pass rusher at the moment).

Miami will probably have a top 10 pick.

Maybe, but I see them being a little better than that.

Early teens somewhere.

Unless you are saying that Houston is going to collapse, which would be great.

Last edited:
Here we go again with the "we're gonna have to trade up for this guy or that guy".....lol
People kept telling me we were gonna have to trade up for Tua and I kept saying he'd be there at 5. Players drop and some player move up. Did anyone here think that Lamb would go 17 to Dallas this year?

If we have learn anything from draft history is that you should never expect anything to go the way you think it'll go.

Here we go again with the "we're gonna have to trade up for this guy or that guy".....lol
People kept telling me we were gonna have to trade up for Tua and I kept saying he'd be there at 5. Players drop and some player move up. Did anyone here think that Lamb would go 17 to Dallas this year?

If we have learn anything from draft history is that you should never expect anything to go the way you think it'll go.

Obviously we do not know where Miami will be picking.

I think they will be outside the Top 10.Maybe I am wrong.

But I am pretty confident that Parsons will be inside the Top 10 picks, comfortably so.

IF they actually have a season maybe another LB explodes and pushes him down, maybe he is the best defender in College Football and goes Top 5.

None of us know, but I am going to feel free to speculate on a football discussion board.

Back
Top Bottom