2021 (Way-too-early) NFL Draft discussion | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 (Way-too-early) NFL Draft discussion

Miami's offensive line is one of the most interesting storylines for this season. The 2019 unit was clearly the worst in the NFL. I am hoping with all the new additions, the Dolphins will be closer to average.

Agree on center. Miami still might have to make some adds on the line.

I agree. The O is by far the area I am most interested in seeing.

The team brought in a ton of new guys and i am curious to see how well they chose, and how long they take to come together as a unit. And who is playing where.

I do not know how far along they will be by season's end, but I will be severely disappointed if they do not have a well above average OL by then.

If they are, then they may be one more quality addition away from away from having a group that is one of the teams strength's which we have not seen in foreveeeeeeeeer.

True but the reason for that it LT and RT are different jobs. The LT needs to be the pass protector with great feet while the RT can be more of a physical mauler.You are not going to ask one of those guys to do the other guys job.

But Miami would be asking a LT to keep doing his job, just by moving to the other side of the line. It is an adjustment but not a big deal.

When Tua is the man in Miami I could easily see Hunt at LT and Jackson at RT, neither being asked to change what they do, just which side of the center they are on. Some guys might struggle but the good ones would figure it out.
Makes sense. Right tackle is the premium offensive line spot for Miami with Tua at quarterback.

yeah they kick over early in college because of the level of the athlete and the feet and foot speed.

rarely happens in the pros however.

yeah they kick over early in college because of the level of the athlete and the feet and foot speed.

rarely happens in the pros however.
Yeah, I think most of those decisions are made at the collegiate level. I can't think of too many recent examples. Best offensive linemen in college usually end up at left tackle. Of course, Miami is in a more unique situation with the only left handed quarterback in the NFL. That makes right tackle the premier position on the offensive line for the Dolphins. From that viewpoint, I could see Jackson as a possibility to be moved to the right side.

interesting re-read.

a couple of top guys are no longer first-rounders at this point.

also, all of the opt-out guys get the benefit of the doubt. none of them were exposed in year 2. some got better but I'm sure some got worse. very tricky draft this year.

Back
Top Bottom