2021 (Way-too-early) NFL Draft discussion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 (Way-too-early) NFL Draft discussion

HawaiiPhin31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
2021 is going to be EVEN MORE exciting than this year!

We will have Tua with a year under his belt. All the talk will center around continuing our rebuild around him. We will have less holes to plug (hopefully,) and we'll probably be prioritizing skill positions.

And the best part? We will have TWO 1st and 2nd rounders! We will be loaded once again.

What players are you going to be watching closely this year? Who do you want? Who do you think the Dolphins will have our their radar?

Random thoughts of mine:

*Travis Etienne will probably be the best RB? Any others worth talking about?

*Where do Justyn Ross / Devonta Smith rank among the WR class this year?

*This draft seems to be loaded with OL again....Little, Humphrey, Leatherwood, among many others. I'd love any of them because we still have work to do.

**Is there ANY chance we would look at Patrick Surtain II?

Love to hear any thoughts from you guys about who you'd like us to take, or think our FO is watching this year.

Last edited:
How awesome is it going to be that we will have 2 1st rounders, and 2 2nd rounders next year?

2021 is going to be EVEN MORE exciting than this year! We will have Tua with a year under his belt (whether he played or not,) and ready to take the reigns. We will have less holes to plug (hopefully,) and we'll probably be prioritizing critical skill positions.

What players are you going to be watching closely this year? Who do you want? Who do you think the Dolphins will have our their radar?

*I will be watching Patrick Surtain II ...god I wish we didn't make the moves we did this offseason...the chances of us landing him are probably low?

*Where do Justyn Ross / Devonta Smith rank among the WR class this year? They seem to be the best of the prospects next year.

*This draft seems to be loaded with OL again....Little, Humphrey, Leatherwood, among many others. I'd love any of them because we still have work to do.

Love to hear any thoughts from you guys, because I don't tend to watch the college game much unless its to watch players we covet.
-Derek Stingley Jr. DB LSU

-Greg Rousseau DE UM

-Pat Freiermuth TE Penn State

-Micah Parsons LB Penn State

-Brevin Jordan TE UM

-Ja'marr Chase WR LSU

Just a short list of my favorites so far. Will continue to grow and evolve as we get the CFB season underway.

Stingley Jr is not eligible for the 2021 draft. He will only be a Sophomore during the 2020 season and therefore the first draft he will be eligible for is the 2022 draft.

He will likely be one of the first players drafted in 2022 but hopefully the Dolphins will not be drafting high enough to select him. Because if the Dolphins are drafting high enough to get Stingley Jr in 2022, that would mean the rebuild has failed.

The WE, TE, OT and LB groups all look strong. There are several OG's that could push for 1st round consideration and the RB's also look stocked.

Miami has several WR's under contract for the next 2 - 3 yrs, who could make drafting a 1st round type a non priority or secondary? If the new kids along the OL don't pan out, OL could again become high priority? That is a concern.

I could see a DE and LB in the 1st round. Especially if Miami is picking high once again.

On the surface I'd expect a concentrated effort to bolster the skill positions on offense. Ya gotta get Tua more tools.

2021 is going to be EVEN MORE exciting than this year!

We will have Tua with a year under his belt. All the talk will center around continuing our rebuild around him. We will have less holes to plug (hopefully,) and we'll probably be prioritizing skill positions.

And the best part? We will have TWO 1st and 2nd rounders! We will be loaded once again.

Random thoughts of mine:

*Where do Justyn Ross / Devonta Smith rank among the WR class this year?

**Is there ANY chance we would look at Patrick Surtain II?

Love to hear any thoughts from you guys about who you'd like us to take, or think our FO is watching this year.
I will order these the way I rank them currently....

RB - Etienne, Chubba Hubbard, Najee Harris, Kylin Hill

WR - JaMarr Chase, Rashod Bateman, Justyn Ross, Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Rondale Moore, Sage Surratt

OLine - Penei Sewell, Creed Humphrey, Alex Leatherwood, Walker Little, Samuel Cosmi

LB - Micah Parsons, Dylan Moses

DT - Marvin Wilson

CB - Patrick Surtain, Shaun Wade, doesn't really matter, this is the last position we need

I saw a mock that had us taking a RB (Etienne) and WR (Waddle)

The article stated that they feel this year was about building the trenches and next year we will look to give Tua better weapons.

Ja’marr Chase is by far my favorite dude in this draft class as of right now. I also really like Shaun Wade but I know we do not need a corner.

I think a pure pass rushing edge guy will be target #1 for the Fins.

I think I would want another top OL player as well.

Then weapons for Tua and another Safety.

If miamis in the early draft pick left tackle market next year something’s gone horribly wrong

Not necessarily.

Austin Jackson could be at LT and the top OT next year could protect Tua's blindside at RT.

And you would have Flowers at LG with Hunt, Kindley and Davis battling for RG and swing OT for Davis and possibly Hunt.

Center long term is a question due to Karras being on a one year deal.They may target a C next Draft or if Karras plays well enough extend him(for more money).

Creed Humphrey is a terrific C prospect from Oklahoma and Miami should be drafting right where the top IOL would come off the board.

Not necessarily.

Austin Jackson could be at LT and the top OT next year could protect Tua's blindside at RT.

And you would have Flowers at LG with Hunt, Kindley and Davis battling for RG and swing OT for Davis and possibly Hunt.

Center long term is a question due to Karras being on a one year deal.They may target a C next Draft or if Karras plays well enough extend him(for more money).

Creed Humphrey is a terrific C prospect from Oklahoma and Miami should be drafting right where the top IOL would come off the board.

I said left tackle draft market and yes it would mean something went horribly wrong.

unfortunately miami is likely to be in tbe right tackle market next year early which means miami may miss out a on a premium skill position player or a off ball lb like a Micah parsons who would upgrade Jerome baker in a nanosecond.

as for where miami and Houston picks next year I’d project both top 12 unless watson stands on his head and Miami plays tua early.

I said left tackle draft market and yes it would mean something went horribly wrong.

unfortunately miami is likely to be in tbe right tackle market next year early which means miami may miss out a on a premium skill position player or a off ball lb like a Micah parsons who would upgrade Jerome baker in a nanosecond.

as for where miami and Houston picks next year I’d project both top 12 unless watson stands on his head and Miami plays tua early.

I think Parsons is the defensive player they'll covet most. They need a big LB with speed in the middle, and I bet T. Edmunds would have been the pick over Minkah if Flores was the coach at the time.

D. Smith would have been my WR1 if he declared. You can't cover him. Creates separation like Jeudy, but he's much stronger at the catch point, and he wastes less time with his setups.

Back
Top Bottom