2021 (Way-too-early) NFL Draft discussion | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 (Way-too-early) NFL Draft discussion

Obviously we do not know where Miami will be picking.

I think they will be outside the Top 10.Maybe I am wrong.

But I am pretty confident that Parsons will be inside the Top 10 picks, comfortably so.

IF they actually have a season maybe another LB explodes and pushes him down, maybe he is the best defender in College Football and goes Top 5.

None of us know, but I am going to feel free to speculate on a football discussion board.
yes, you have the right to speculate. I just hate the T word for the record....lol

Ehh only reason tua came to 5 was because of his hip fracture
I agree that was the reason but that happened way before the draft so we all had the same information and yet many people decided to ignored it and kept on saying that we needed to move up and use multiple picks just because he put out a short video of him working out.

No one decided to ignore anything. The caliber of the qb prospect is why folks were saying we should move up.

the hip clearance and workout just reinforcing it.

guess I got my answer about teams dealing in good faith. either that or the medical spooked some folks.

have to admit the sell the farm trade up nonsense was
well nonsense -- someone named Grier has to get some
serious credit for reading / evaluating / foreseeing the
situation correctly and in the process (JUST IMAGINE!)
those 2 additional R1s were not obliterated -- so
all ye followers of "sell the farm" need to realize
those picks are in effect PURE BONUS!

or pro bono no problemo

know what I mean?

I never believed anyone would jump Miami for Tua. In a different year where teams could work him out and have their doctors look him over, maybe.But not this year.

And I could not see Wash, Detroit or NYG taking him either.

I was very confident he wold be there at 5.

I started to worry a little with the Herbert smokescreen but thankfully that is what that was.

No one decided to ignore anything. The caliber of the qb prospect is why folks were saying we should move up.

the hip clearance and workout just reinforcing it.

guess I got my answer about teams dealing in good faith. either that or the medical spooked some folks.
This was a tough call.
Give credit to Grier. If he would’ve paid #26 or #39 for Tua - I would’ve left the draft content.
If we passed or another team jumped us for Tua, imo, it would’ve been worse draft
scenario.

That being said, I look at Noah I and Kindley as draft bonuses.

Hopefully AJackson develops.

Also I think Weaver offers some upside RD5 as a situational pass rusher. Also I can see the Miss St DT and SC Center making the team.

This was a tough call.
Give credit to Grier. If he would’ve paid #26 or #39 for Tua - I would’ve left the draft content.
If we passed or another team jumped us for Tua, imo, it would’ve been worse draft
scenario.

That being said, I look at Noah I and Kindley as draft bonuses.

Hopefully AJackson develops.

Also I think Weaver offers some upside RD5 as a situational pass rusher. Also I can see the Miss St DT and SC Center making the team.

I think if we had paid the price to go get wirfs at 13 and then plucked Austin Jackson at 26 that would have been an ideal scenario.

Miami had plenty of ammo to get it done.

That is easy to say maybe not as easy to do.

IF SF did not want to slide that far down then what are they going to do?

How much are you offering for Wirfs?

That is easy to say maybe not as easy to do.

IF SF did not want to slide that far down then what are they going to do?

How much are you offering for Wirfs?

this team needs to read the board better. It struggles with it. I get evidence of it every year. They got blessed with tua falling in tbeir laps at 5 which outside of long term shelf life the nfl is plain nuts to let that happen. bunch of teams gonna look like plum fools if he stays healthy. Folks probably gonna get fired over it too.

in terms of wirfs at 13 pick #56 if that’s what it takes to trump the bucs offer of a 3rd rounder and 14 absolutely. Hell I might have parted with #70 too.

If I got wirfs with tua Andre Jackson at 26 Id have 2 oline long term pieces left tackle and right tackle or guard and my qb of the future.

yeah miami may have been saving 56 for dobbins but hell they got the warning shot they needed at 52 when the rams at 52 took the flo state kid at rb Akers who fits what they do and Miami could have easily moved up for peanuts from 56 assuming there was a taker.

especially when at 56 you come away with a jag like raekwon davis. I can find that anywhere.

next year I hope this team nuts up and assuming they don’t land with a pick in that top 5 range goes and gets a premium talent like a parsons or chase even with its top pick. Lord knows they got plenty of ammo.

sucks to know already odds are good they gonna need to invest premium asset one way or another in a long term right tackle feet and foot speed option.

theyve only got 2 real tackle feet and foot speed options in tbe building Jackson and Davenport

My point is still that SF might not have taken your offer.They may have been unwilling to pass on Kindlaw and he would not have made it to 18.

Also, I am not sure I like Wirfs enough to give up that much for him, but obviously you do and that is fine.

As for Dobbins, we don't know if they would have taken him there.We do know they probably liked him(having him visit right before the shutdown)so it is fair to think they would have.

I admit when he went right in front of them my first thought was that Miami would have taken him.

I don't like taking a Rb that high so i was not(and still am not)upset about missing on Dobbins.

There will be 3-4 guys as good as him in any and every Draft.

My point is still that SF might not have taken your offer.They may have been unwilling to pass on Kindlaw and he would not have made it to 18.

Also, I am not sure I like Wirfs enough to give up that much for him, but obviously you do and that is fine.

As for Dobbins, we don't know if they would have taken him there.We do know they probably liked him(having him visit right before the shutdown)so it is fair to think they would have.

I admit when he went right in front of them my first thought was that Miami would have taken him.

I don't like taking a Rb that high so i was not(and still am not)upset about missing on Dobbins.

There will be 3-4 guys as good as him in any and every Draft.

I agree with everything hoops said. How you value a RB is fine, though the SB Champs took the pick of the litter, so there’s that. We brought in all of these top tier RB’s for a reason. Then at 30 our 1st reach with ANY RB we wanted. Pick 39 another reach. As it was going at ANY juncture before 56 you could have secured Dobbins or Akers.
You assuming that Dobbins is a jag. Well he had 2000 yds in the B10, with a combination of power and speed. I would take him over Howard or Brieda all day long. Instead we got a rotational piece to our DL that looks to need motivation.

I never believed anyone would jump Miami for Tua. In a different year where teams could work him out and have their doctors look him over, maybe.But not this year.

And I could not see Wash, Detroit or NYG taking him either.

I was very confident he wold be there at 5.

I started to worry a little with the Herbert smokescreen but thankfully that is what that was.

I was worried about someone jumping us until about a month prior to the draft. That's when the Tua slippage rumors began. It served to counteract what should have been the proper league strategy.

We were extremely fortunate, as hoops pointed out. In a clear thinking league there is no chance Tua should still have been there at 5. Fortunately we had one quarterback and one edge guy who had separated in overall consensus. Then we had surreal good luck to have two tentative teams sitting there at 3 and 4, neither one who should be content with their holdover quarterback above Tua. But they thought they had enough evidence from last season.

Frankly I think the Stafford injury last season was one of the great bonuses Miami ever had in landing Tua. If Stafford had remained healthy throughout he likely would have regressed to his career norm and 2019 been viewed as another example of frustrating disappointment. Instead Patricia can look at a half season of 8.6 YPA and 9.1 Adjusted Yards Per Attempt. both of which are well beyond anything Stafford has managed previously.

Back
Top Bottom