2021 (Way-too-early) NFL Draft discussion | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 (Way-too-early) NFL Draft discussion

I agree with everything hoops said. How you value a RB is fine, though the SB Champs took the pick of the litter, so there’s that. We brought in all of these top tier RB’s for a reason. Then at 30 our 1st reach with ANY RB we wanted. Pick 39 another reach. As it was going at ANY juncture before 56 you could have secured Dobbins or Akers.
You assuming that Dobbins is a jag. Well he had 2000 yds in the B10, with a combination of power and speed. I would take him over Howard or Brieda all day long. Instead we got a rotational piece to our DL that looks to need motivation.

CB is so much more valuable than RB, though, and Igbinoghene is a great fit.

Igbinoghene is in no way a 'reach".

The draft is about collecting talent not mindlessly addressing fantasy football "needs".

I am consistently bewildered by the number of posters here who vastly overrate the RB position.

LT Sewell or Leatherwood
NT big kid from Georgia
S Lecounte
WR Chase

any way to get 4 of these guys in the first 2 rounds?

I don’t think any of our 1st round picks were a reach in any way, think they nailed all three..

draft is about picking players that will become something better than the guys the other teams picked.

Love picking 20 and 21 year olds with hi ceiling position talent and great character..

I don’t think any of our 1st round picks were a reach in any way, think they nailed all three..

draft is about picking players that will become something better than the guys the other teams picked.

Love picking 20 and 21 year olds with hi ceiling position talent and great character..

That's the part that's harder to gauge with our resources (vs the resources of NFL teams). It's easy to see if a guy is a woman-beating shitbag, but I like that Miami is placing so much emphasis on the types of people they want in the building.

That's the part that's harder to gauge with our resources (vs the resources of NFL teams). It's easy to see if a guy is a woman-beating ****bag, but I like that Miami is placing so much emphasis on the types of people they want in the building.
all that and, they all three are at must need positions..

Hi ceiling players who possess great talent

great character and work ethic.

need positions.

whats not to love.

home run first round.

CB is so much more valuable than RB, though, and Igbinoghene is a great fit.

I don’t disagree in your premise other than we already had Jones, Howard, Needham and McCain. We have jags at RB. Swift or Taylor start from the jump.
We could have easily had Iggy at 39 and Hunt at 56. My gripe with this whole draft.
We disagree on RB value and that’s fine but KC picked the one they wanted at 32. I loved the direction we were going in but we left too much meat on the bone in the draft. I think that is being echoed in a lot of places like ESPN for one.
Could have had the best RB in the draft with our THIRD first rounder. Now we will probably take one of lesser caliber in the next draft in the 1st or 2nd round.

Igbinoghene is in no way a 'reach".

The draft is about collecting talent not mindlessly addressing fantasy football "needs".

I am consistently bewildered by the number of posters here who vastly overrate the RB position.

You guys kill me with this “fantasy football” narrative. It’s called VBD or BPA. It’s not an either or draft. You can have a nice mix.
Tua
Jackson
Swift
Iggy
Hunt
Just an example.
If the argument is we need an OL first? You got me there because we either suck at drafting the position or we don’t have the OL coach needed to put things together.
I have never seen a franchise put more time and resources into a positional group and suck consistently like we do. Hell people already talking like Dieters days are numbered! Just another nice pick wasted possibly.
Baltimore has Ingram and Edwards. They draft Dobbins in the 2nd. It’s what great teams do. BPA, stack talent. Always a step ahead and we are always in rebuild or catch up mode.

I don’t disagree in your premise other than we already had Jones, Howard, Needham and McCain. We have jags at RB. Swift or Taylor start from the jump.
We could have easily had Iggy at 39 and Hunt at 56. My gripe with this whole draft.
We disagree on RB value and that’s fine but KC picked the one they wanted at 32. I loved the direction we were going in but we left too much meat on the bone in the draft. I think that is being echoed in a lot of places like ESPN for one.
Could have had the best RB in the draft with our THIRD first rounder. Now we will probably take one of lesser caliber in the next draft in the 1st or 2nd round.

Yeah, and the Patriots drafted Sony Michel at 31. Smart teams do dumb things. Miami has a cheap, solid backfield, and they're not ready to compete. Once Miami is great in the areas that matter, it can consider wasting 1st RD picks on RB's.

The difference between 2 and 3 high-end CB's is huge, especially in a defense that wants to get as many DB's on the field as possible. It's not a given that Igbinoghene would have been there at 39, and he is a better fit for Miami than Fulton, so I understand prioritizing the best press CB on the board (to make a strength stronger at a premium position) over whoever you like at RB. I would have liked Higgins there, but I think the FO probably saw too much overlap with him and both Williams and Parker, but Higgins was dynamic from the slot. You can play 3 big WR's if they're all good.

But I can't complain about the pick. Igbinoghene is a fit on every level for Miami and what Coach Flores wants to build.

Yeah, and the Patriots drafted Sony Michel at 31. Smart teams do dumb things. Miami has a cheap, solid backfield, and they're not ready to compete. Once Miami is great in the areas that matter, it can consider wasting 1st RD picks on RB's.

The difference between 2 and 3 high-end CB's is huge, especially in a defense that wants to get as many DB's on the field as possible. It's not a given that Igbinoghene would have been there at 39, and he is a better fit for Miami than Fulton, so I understand prioritizing the best press CB on the board (to make a strength stronger at a premium position) over whoever you like at RB. I would have liked Higgins there, but I think the FO probably saw too much overlap with him and both Williams and Parker, but Higgins was dynamic from the slot. You can play 3 big WR's if they're all good.

But I can't complain about the pick. Igbinoghene is a fit on every level for Miami and what Coach Flores wants to build.

I don’t think NE is a great drafting team and I think we used their model. Accumulating capital, draft as many bodies as possible and hope something sticks. Bellichick rode Brady, picked up key free agents like Gilmore but his drafts are unspectacular. A lot of whiffs.
To say good teams make bad picks is strangely funny to me as obviously they know what they are doing in a draft. KC and Baltimore both took backs with their first and second round picks. They are coincidentally the two best teams in the AFC.
”Once Miami is ready to compete”, by all accounts we should be better this yr and next yr is the yr. This assumes Grier made the right calls on building the lines. Looks like Dieter, a third round pick is on shaky ground.
We never seem to be at the stage where we add playmakers, Dallas adds Lamb, BPA to Cooper and Gallup. You can accuse Dallas of underachieving but they collect talent.
I hope Grier adds some firepower because Howard/Brieda are jags, Parker needs to stay consistent, Williams is still raw and coming off ACL and Wilson is OK, Geisicki? I wouldn’t mind another TE in draft. Hopefully Grier gets Tua some more weapons but I am skeptical.

I don’t think NE is a great drafting team and I think we used their model. Accumulating capital, draft as many bodies as possible and hope something sticks. Bellichick rode Brady, picked up key free agents like Gilmore but his drafts are unspectacular. A lot of whiffs.
To say good teams make bad picks is strangely funny to me as obviously they know what they are doing in a draft. KC and Baltimore both took backs with their first and second round picks. They are coincidentally the two best teams in the AFC.
”Once Miami is ready to compete”, by all accounts we should be better this yr and next yr is the yr. This assumes Grier made the right calls on building the lines. Looks like Dieter, a third round pick is on shaky ground.
We never seem to be at the stage where we add playmakers, Dallas adds Lamb, BPA to Cooper and Gallup. You can accuse Dallas of underachieving but they collect talent.
I hope Grier adds some firepower because Howard/Brieda are jags, Parker needs to stay consistent, Williams is still raw and coming off ACL and Wilson is OK, Geisicki? I wouldn’t mind another TE in draft. Hopefully Grier gets Tua some more weapons but I am skeptical.

WR and RB are on completely different ends of the value spectrum. It's a mistake to conflate the two.

WR and RB are on completely different ends of the value spectrum. It's a mistake to conflate the two.

Obviously that’s your mantra not mine but I will note we don’t have the needed talent at either spot.
SB Champs - TE- Kelce RB - Williams, Hellaire WR - Hill, Watkins, Hardman

Parker is the only skill guy that could see time with them. We better strike while we have team friendly QB contracts. I have seen no evidence that Grier can identify playmakers other than Parker (jury still out on) and Landry (is he responsible for him?). Oh and those guys have Mahomes, unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom