2021 (Way-too-early) NFL Draft discussion | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 (Way-too-early) NFL Draft discussion

Obviously that’s your mantra not mine but I will note we don’t have the needed talent at either spot.
SB Champs - TE- Kelce RB - Williams, Hellaire WR - Hill, Watkins, Hardman

Parker is the only skill guy that could see time with them. We better strike while we have team friendly QB contracts. I have seen no evidence that Grier can identify playmakers other than Parker (jury still out on) and Landry (is he responsible for him?). Oh and those guys have Mahomes, unbelievable.

Interesting thing about all those skill players KC has.

They did not use a 1st round pick on any of them until the drafted Hellaire this year.

So you can accumulate skill position talent without taking them too high.

LT Sewell or Leatherwood
NT big kid from Georgia
S Lecounte
WR Chase

any way to get 4 of these guys in the first 2 rounds?
I think Miami would need a top 10 pick for Leatherwood, Sewell or Chase. Could end up picking in that range, but I'm guessing more around 15. That Houston pick is probably going to be in the same range.

I don’t think NE is a great drafting team and I think we used their model. Accumulating capital, draft as many bodies as possible and hope something sticks. Bellichick rode Brady, picked up key free agents like Gilmore but his drafts are unspectacular. A lot of whiffs.
To say good teams make bad picks is strangely funny to me as obviously they know what they are doing in a draft. KC and Baltimore both took backs with their first and second round picks. They are coincidentally the two best teams in the AFC.
”Once Miami is ready to compete”, by all accounts we should be better this yr and next yr is the yr. This assumes Grier made the right calls on building the lines. Looks like Dieter, a third round pick is on shaky ground.
We never seem to be at the stage where we add playmakers, Dallas adds Lamb, BPA to Cooper and Gallup. You can accuse Dallas of underachieving but they collect talent.
I hope Grier adds some firepower because Howard/Brieda are jags, Parker needs to stay consistent, Williams is still raw and coming off ACL and Wilson is OK, Geisicki? I wouldn’t mind another TE in draft. Hopefully Grier gets Tua some more weapons but I am skeptical.
I've often thought the same thing. The Patriots drafts can be head scratchers. But, they do a great job of finding scheme fits and versatile players.

If they draft an offensive lineman, there's a good bet he can fit in at various positions on the line. Same on the DL and in the secondary.

In a sense. that's why they are able to survive injuries better than most teams.

I'm hoping Miami solved RT with Hunt. If not, I'd move up for someone like Leatherwood if need be.

I would like to see the Dolphins get a wide receiver in R1. So much talent from Chase, Smith, Waddle, Ross etc.

I'm hoping Miami solved RT with Hunt. If not, I'd move up for someone like Leatherwood if need be.

I would like to see the Dolphins get a wide receiver in R1. So much talent from Chase, Smith, Waddle, Ross etc.
Any Alabama player on the offense who played alongside Tua, I'd think be a target for Miami in 2021. I absolutely love Leatherwood. I think he'd be the perfect fit at RT. Along with a WR and a RB, Miami's offense could be hummin? Imagine a combo of Hunt at RG and Leatherwood at RT!!! That'll open some holes for the run game!!!

Last edited:
Any Alabama player on the offense who played alongside Tua, I'd think be a target for Miami in 2021. I absolutely love Leatherwood. I think he'd be the perfect fit at RT. Along with a WR and a RB, Miami's offense could be hummin? Imagine a combo of Hunt at RG and Leatherwood at RT!!! That'll open some holes for the run game!!!
Waddle is very interesting with Ruggs-like speed. I'm looking forward to watching how he progresses, along with Smith at Alabama. Leatherwood is a beast. It looks like another strong year for both tackles and wide receivers. I think Etienne is 1st round worthy at RB.

Waddle is very interesting with Ruggs-like speed. I'm looking forward to watching how he progresses, along with Smith at Alabama. Leatherwood is a beast. It looks like another strong year for both tackles and wide receivers. I think Etienne is 1st round worthy at RB.
I'd go with Leatherwood with Miami's highest pick in round #1 and then pick one of the WR's with their lower 1st round pick. In round #2, I'd select a RB with the higher pick and then either a WR or TE with its lower pick in round two. Get those weapons for Tua!!!

I'd go with Leatherwood with Miami's highest pick in round #1 and then pick one of the WR's with their lower 1st round pick. In round #2, I'd select a RB with the higher pick and then either a WR or TE with its lower pick in round two. Get those weapons for Tua!!!
I agree. Load up on offense again and make that side potentially elite. Little, from Stanford, is another tackle that could go pretty high if he is healthy. The tight end Freirmuth as a R1 possibility for Miami as well. The Dolphins again have the ammo to trade up or down and control the draft, which is nice.

I am not seeing Georgia players mentioned. They will have many players drafted in the first 3 rounds. I think 2 or 3 could go in the first round.

I have seen some lists where Leatherwood is not even a 1st round pick.

And some have him among the better OT's.

I agree. Load up on offense again and make that side potentially elite. Little, from Stanford, is another tackle that could go pretty high if he is healthy. The tight end Freirmuth as a R1 possibility for Miami as well. The Dolphins again have the ammo to trade up or down and control the draft, which is nice.

Grier does not do much Jimmy Johnson style trading. Which is a shame because the foundation is set and it’s time to get some difference makers.

I think we will be in the right tackle market next year, I don’t see Hunt being that guy, not sure at guard either, im gonna root hard for him but I don’t see enough talent at this level.

I think we will be in the right tackle market next year, I don’t see Hunt being that guy, not sure at guard either, im gonna root hard for him but I don’t see enough talent at this level.
I hope he can at least be a quality guard. Otherwise, we will all be debating what Miami could have had in that 2nd round.

I hope he can at least be a quality guard. Otherwise, we will all be debating what Miami could have had in that 2nd round.
I’m a big fan of our first round picks, i just can’t see it with Hunt..I don't like the movement skills.

Back
Top Bottom