2021 (Way-too-early) NFL Draft discussion | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 (Way-too-early) NFL Draft discussion

I’m a big fan of our first round picks, i just can’t see it with Hunt..I don't like the movement skills.
Well, there are bound to be hits and misses in the draft. Obviously, we all want everyone of the picks to live up to their potential.

correct...We sure do..
In a way, I think Hunt is the key to the 2021 draft. Tua should be special and I think we can assume that even if he doesn't see the field much in 2020. But, Miami needs to have a quality RT protecting his blindside. Maybe they move Jackson there. I think that could be possible.

If Hunt doesn't make it at RT, then I think the team needs to make that a priority. If he does, then Miami can focus on skill position more, maybe snagging one or more of the top receivers from Chase, Smith, Waddle, Moore, Ross, Bateman etc.

If miamis in the early draft pick left tackle market next year something’s gone horribly wrong

IDK, if Sewell is available it’s tough to pass on a talent like that.

IF Miami has a shot at Sewell(meaning a top 3 pick)then I jump on that.

He is the best LT prospect in more than a decade.

Put him and Austin Jackson at either OT spot and move Hunt inside.

Give Tua the best OL in the league to play behind.

Then go looking for WR's.

You can’t just take a tackle and put him anywhere. Doesn’t work that way.

need to put them where they are ideal fits. Austin Jackson is a left tackle.

Miami hopes he’s it’s left tackle for a decade. They will give him multiple years to figure it out

I think you could move Austin Jackson to RT if you felt he was your best pass protector to cover Tua's blindside.

He is a very talented athlete with good feet, he could make the transition.

I am not saying that is the plan, but it could be done.

Now IF they somehow got Sewell I am putting HIM at RT and leaving Jackson at LT anyway.

But that is not very likely, Sewell is going to be the 1st non QB taken, possibly as high as #2.

I think you could move Austin Jackson to RT if you felt he was your best pass protector to cover Tua's blindside.

He is a very talented athlete with good feet, he could make the transition.

I am not saying that is the plan, but it could be done.

Now IF they somehow got Sewell I am putting HIM at RT and leaving Jackson at LT anyway.

But that is not very likely, Sewell is going to be the 1st non QB taken, possibly as high as #2.
I agree. Athletes make those transitions all the time. Some can't, but I think Jackson could.

I agree. Athletes make those transitions all the time. Some can't, but I think Jackson could.

if it happens all the time name some?

I’ve seen a lot of college tackles kick inside to guard cause the didn’t have the feet or foot speed to play in space at the pro level but not many guys who could transition from left to right tackle and vice versa in the pros.

appears Cleveland’s gonna try and do it with its top pick wills however and if I got to move Conklin or him to the left side I’d choose wills no doubt

if it happens all the time name some?

I’ve seen a lot of college tackles kick inside to guard cause the didn’t have the feet or foot speed to play in space at the pro level but not many guys who could transition from left to right tackle and vice versa in the pros.

appears Cleveland’s gonna try and do it with its top pick wills however and if I got to move Conklin or him to the left side I’d choose wills no doubt
You see it all the time at the collegiate level with players starting at right tackle early in their careers and then switching to the the left side.

Lots of examples of college tackles ending up at guard in the NFL.

I think Sewell at RT would make more sense since he’s the better player and that’s Tua’s blind side.

This is probably a pointless discussion because Miami is not going to get near Sewell unless things go really, really poorly next season.

They would trade up for him.

They may well be in a position to draft the 2nd best OT(whoever that turns out to be)but that might not be significant upgrade that Sewell would be.

I am really curious to see what the new OL looks like and how quickly the news guys gel.And how quickly the rookies contribute.

By the end of the season we could see an OL of Jackson/Flowers/Karras/Kindley/Hunt, all guys who are new to the team.

The 5 with new guys Jessie Davis and Dieter should add up to a significantly improved OL.

Hopefully they show enough so OL is not a need worth using one of their high picks on so they can address other areas.

The one question I have is what Miami thinks of Karras long term, is he a one year rental or do they want to see him play before giving him an extension?

If they do not want him long term then they should have a good shot at drafting the top C in next years Draft(and the top C prospect in a couple of years)Creed Humphrey from Oklahoma.The Fins own pick should be in the 8-12 area which is probably where a really highly rated C would come off the board.

And the OL group next year looks to be a lot stronger than this last Draft class, so it would not be a bad idea to add more OL talent if the opportunity presents itself.

This is probably a pointless discussion because Miami is not going to get near Sewell unless things go really, really poorly next season.

They would trade up for him.

They may well be in a position to draft the 2nd best OT(whoever that turns out to be)but that might not be significant upgrade that Sewell would be.

I am really curious to see what the new OL looks like and how quickly the news guys gel.And how quickly the rookies contribute.

By the end of the season we could see an OL of Jackson/Flowers/Karras/Kindley/Hunt, all guys who are new to the team.

The 5 with new guys Jessie Davis and Dieter should add up to a significantly improved OL.

Hopefully they show enough so OL is not a need worth using one of their high picks on so they can address other areas.

The one question I have is what Miami thinks of Karras long term, is he a one year rental or do they want to see him play before giving him an extension?

If they do not want him long term then they should have a good shot at drafting the top C in next years Draft(and the top C prospect in a couple of years)Creed Humphrey from Oklahoma.The Fins own pick should be in the 8-12 area which is probably where a really highly rated C would come off the board.

And the OL group next year looks to be a lot stronger than this last Draft class, so it would not be a bad idea to add more OL talent if the opportunity presents itself.
Miami's offensive line is one of the most interesting storylines for this season. The 2019 unit was clearly the worst in the NFL. I am hoping with all the new additions, the Dolphins will be closer to average.

Agree on center. Miami still might have to make some adds on the line.

You see it all the time at the collegiate level with players starting at right tackle early in their careers and then switching to the the left side.

Lots of examples of college tackles ending up at guard in the NFL.

yeah they kick over early in college because of the level of the athlete and the feet and foot speed.

rarely happens in the pros however.

yeah they kick over early in college because of the level of the athlete and the feet and foot speed.

rarely happens in the pros however.

True but the reason for that it LT and RT are different jobs. The LT needs to be the pass protector with great feet while the RT can be more of a physical mauler.You are not going to ask one of those guys to do the other guys job.

But Miami would be asking a LT to keep doing his job, just by moving to the other side of the line. It is an adjustment but not a big deal.

When Tua is the man in Miami I could easily see Hunt at LT and Jackson at RT, neither being asked to change what they do, just which side of the center they are on. Some guys might struggle but the good ones would figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom