2022 Draft not looking good! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Draft not looking good!

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know we have up a ton to get Hill. And he really changed this team in a positive way. However it doesn't look good for the picks we did make. Might not see EZ make the team, the LB hardly played in his first year. And I don't think anyone else did a darn thing in 2022.
Just a great find in the CB we picked up as a UFA.
Hopefully 2023 draft is better. And F the league for stealing our 1 st round pick.

I know we have up a ton to get Hill. And he really changed this team in a positive way. However it doesn't look good for the picks we did make. Might not see EZ make the team, the LB hardly played in his first year. And I don't think anyone else did a darn thing in 2022.
Hopefully 2023 draft is better. And F the league for stealing our 1 st round pick.

I'd say F Stephen Ross for bringing a Patriots fan into the building.

Also, any "Dolphins" fan that wanted Brady is partially liable for that lost draft pick, as well as our 2024 3rd.

You need to add this guy name Tyreek Hill to your list of players from the 2022 draft.

Not having 3rd and 4th rounders play a lot is not that unusual. Sure, we'd love them to beat out a vet but Tindall was known to be a bit of a project coming out. I do admit I was expecting EZ to see some action.

Not sure that I’d refer to Skylar Thompson as a negative for the draft. He certainly isn’t a starting QB, but considering he was a 7th round pick that nearly led us to a playoff win in Buffalo, I’d say he exceeded expectations
I agree. While his play time was due to necessity vs merit, I didn't think he played as bad as many post. He could develop into a quality backup one day which is well worth a 7th round draft pick.

This is ridicluous lol

I agree. While his play time was due to necessity vs merit, I didn't think he played as bad as many post. He could develop into a quality backup one day which is well worth a 7th round draft pick.
He did make that perfect throw to Waddle on his first playoff attempt. That definitely could have been a confidence booster. Miami left a lot of plays on the field, but that was a big one early.

Overall, I think Thompson is a bubble guy. But I do think he exceeded expectations as a rookie.

Maybe he continues to develop as a viable backup?

Geez dude. It's only been one year. Friggan millineals!! Lol

Last edited:
I hesitate to read anything into rookies that red shirted in their first year.

They could be trash in the league, or they can have important roles on the team.

We have no way to make that determination at this time.

As far as "giving up a ton to get Hill," we stole that guy.

Zero premium picks for one of the most impactful game changers in the league is insane.

I think that many people are too interested in immediate gratification.
Hill was the big catch... sure, but 3rd round LBs, and 4th round WRs usually don't do much right away...
Tindall was widely thought to be a guy who'd need a year or two, but would immediately play on a ton of special teams snaps. That happened... and yes, it would have been nice to see more defensive snaps, but let's be honest... Baker, Roberts, and Riley were 100% healthy and our DC was struggling to survive having his DBs in a MASH unit. Boyer would have been nuts to put a project LB on the field when he was trying to save his job.

EZ was never really needed either... and for some of the same reasons as above. Hill and Waddle never missed any snaps, and Sherfield knew the offense inside-out, despite not having a lot of talent... and we let him walk... and then told Chosen that we had some young guys we liked (EZ and Sanders).

Yes... it would have been nice, but 3rd and 4th rounders are not really supposed to be immediately ready either...

I won't give up on either until the end of next year... at the earliest.

Back
Top Bottom