2022 Draft not looking good! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Draft not looking good!

I think that many people are too interested in immediate gratification.
Hill was the big catch... sure, but 3rd round LBs, and 4th round WRs usually don't do much right away...
Tindall was widely thought to be a guy who'd need a year or two, but would immediately play on a ton of special teams snaps. That happened... and yes, it would have been nice to see more defensive snaps, but let's be honest... Baker, Roberts, and Riley were 100% healthy and our DC was struggling to survive having his DBs in a MASH unit. Boyer would have been nuts to put a project LB on the field when he was trying to save his job.

EZ was never really needed either... and for some of the same reasons as above. Hill and Waddle never missed any snaps, and Sherfield knew the offense inside-out, despite not having a lot of talent... and we let him walk... and then told Chosen that we had some young guys we liked (EZ and Sanders).

Yes... it would have been nice, but 3rd and 4th rounders are not really supposed to be immediately ready either...

I won't give up on either until the end of next year... at the earliest.
Well said. There is a reason the old adage is come back to me in 3 years and I'll tell you how the draft went. Not 1.

Brock Purdy's year as Mr Irrelevant and then taking his team to NFC champ game was a lot more pressure than what Skylar did.
Yeah I suppose, I don't know about a lot. The 49ers defense was the best in the league last year, that helped.

Yeah I suppose, I don't know about a lot. The 49ers defense was the best in the league last year, that helped.
Skylar played in three games? Tough to compare what he went through with Purdy. Plus then not going to the SB because he got hurt in the game and they couldn't put in a replacement QB.

I think you guys are confusing millennials with Gen Z :)

Millennials are no later than like mid 90sā€¦ the work ethic and instant gratification group starts just after that, with people in their early and mid 20s now.

Just sayin :)
Yes, late millineals but definitely the gen z'ers.

Historic Draft Position Success Chart

The numbers show us the following outline for finding consistent starters:

1st Round - OL (83%) LB (70%) TE (67%) DB (64%) QB (63%) WR (58%) RB (58%) DL (58%)

2nd Round - OL (70%) LB (55%) TE (50%) WR (49%) DB (46%) QB (27%) DL (26%) RB (25%)

3rd Round - OL (40%) TE (39%) LB (34%) DL (27%) WR (25%) DB (24%) QB (17%) RB (16%)

4th Round - DL (37%) TE (33%) OL (29%) LB (16%) WR(12%) DB (11%) RB (11%) QB (8%)

5th Round - TE (32%) DB (17%) WR (16%) OL (16%) DL (13%) RB (9%) LB (4%) QB (0%)

6th Round - TE (26%) OL (16%) DL (13%) WR (9%) DB (8%) RB (6%) LB (5%) QB (0%)

7th Round - DB (11%) OL (9%) QB (6%) WR (5%) DL (3%) LB (2%) RB (0%) TE (0%)

Source: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015...e-statistics-tell-us-about-the-draft-by-round

To me, it was more that Mostert was also out of the game. Skylar was nullified for the most part which was pretty much the expectation for the 7th round rookie on the road against the division champs....
Also armstead, also dropped balls by receivers, also horrible horrible clock management that effected throughout the game and actually lost us the game at the end. That's on coach. Also no game adjustment for QB playing. Expected Skyler to do what Tua does. That's on Coach.

Don't forget to add Kader Kohou to that group as well, I know if hurts your position but you have to count the good players too.
I agree with the premise, but he was a UDFA right? So technically he wasnā€™t drafted in 2022 by us if you were strictly looking at the draft picks from that class.

I agree with the premise, but he was a UDFA right? So technically he wasnā€™t drafted in 2022 by us if you were strictly looking at the draft picks from that class.
He is still part of the "incoming class" of rookies from that year so you should include them, especially the way that UDFA season starts before the Draft is even over..................if tampering happened, which it doesn't of course.

People always say the Dolphins gave up a ton for Tyreek Hill, but I don't see it as that much. Maybe it's my lack of appreciation for Day 3 picks, but it was just a first, a second, and a few Day 3 picks. As for the 2022 draft, see my opinion on Day 3 picks. We will see what Tendall has to offer, but we've seen that Grier isn't very invested in the draft at this point and is using those picks to trade for players he thinks will make the team better.

The addition of Hill has paid massive dividends so far. The addition will yield even more positive returns this year.

The Hill investment was a good investment so far.

I agree. While his play time was due to necessity vs merit, I didn't think he played as bad as many post. He could develop into a quality backup one day which is well worth a 7th round draft pick.
And don't forget he threw 2-3 absolute dots which were dropped.. if caught the outcome may have been different.

The team is pretty set at all positions with a lot of talent and vets. I feel pretty good that we aren't relying on EZ or Tindall. If we were more of a project (Bears, Colts) then these players would be playing.

Tyreek mother****in' Hill!!!

That is all.
Calm down Beavis, even you know it takes a good three years to judge a draft all the Miami fans will complain as such during those three years

Back
Top Bottom