2022 Draft not looking good! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Draft not looking good!

No worries, this year’s draft will more than make up for the lack of quality depth missing from last year’s draft.

Your starting to sound ridicules

fist shake curse you GIF

He did make that perfect throw to Waddle on his first playoff attempt. That definitely could have been a confidence booster. Miami left a lot of plays on the field, but that was a big one early.

Overall, I think Thompson is a bubble guy. But I do think he exceeded expectations as a rookie.

Maybe he continues to develop as a viable backup?
We will soon see, considering the competition having been brought in.
Whatever the result, I see it as being a good thing for the Dolphins.

Channing Tindall is freak athlete who couldn’t crack the starting line up on a loaded defense at UGA. Apparently he struggled with the playbook last year from what I read, wouldn’t be shocked if we find situations for him to play as a spy on mobile QBs.

Erik Ezukanma was incredible in preseason last year. Don’t think it would shock anyone if he fills Trent Sherfield’s role in the offense. I expect Cedric Wilson to be traded at some point.

Cameron Goode and Skylar Thompson are projects. Both had their moments in preseason last year. We’ll see if they grow in training camp.

Don’t know what you expect when you have limited picks mostly in Day 3 of the draft. We got Tyreek Hill from last year’s draft and he changed the offense. Also, Kader Kohou was a steal as a UDFA last year.

IMO anybody expecting immediate impact from the draft would be poor at drafting. The draft is about building your team for the long term. You pick up FAs for immediate impact.

Now personally, I was not a fan of the Easy E pick. Nothing against the player, he clearly has physical talent. But I wanted Zach Tom OL. He was a perfect fit and it was an area of great need. He ended up starting 5 games for the Packers and will likely be a starter this year. He would definitely be a starter in Miami this year.

I think that many people are too interested in immediate gratification.
Hill was the big catch... sure, but 3rd round LBs, and 4th round WRs usually don't do much right away...
Tindall was widely thought to be a guy who'd need a year or two, but would immediately play on a ton of special teams snaps. That happened... and yes, it would have been nice to see more defensive snaps, but let's be honest... Baker, Roberts, and Riley were 100% healthy and our DC was struggling to survive having his DBs in a MASH unit. Boyer would have been nuts to put a project LB on the field when he was trying to save his job.

EZ was never really needed either... and for some of the same reasons as above. Hill and Waddle never missed any snaps, and Sherfield knew the offense inside-out, despite not having a lot of talent... and we let him walk... and then told Chosen that we had some young guys we liked (EZ and Sanders).

Yes... it would have been nice, but 3rd and 4th rounders are not really supposed to be immediately ready either...

I won't give up on either until the end of next year... at the earliest.
But Fever, rookies in middle to late rounds and UDFA are supposed to immediately play at pro-bowl HOF levels! EVERY 7th round QB must be Marinoesque even with a decimated Line and playing not to lose. Don't you get it? Obviously you don't know much about football. My Madden and Madden AI has given me much more experience in building and developing a roster (from my moms basement) than you!

Signed,

Every Millennial

I think you guys are confusing millennials with Gen Z :)

Millennials are no later than like mid 90s… the work ethic and instant gratification group starts just after that, with people in their early and mid 20s now.

Just sayin :)

I think you guys are confusing millennials with Gen Z :)

Millennials are no later than like mid 90s… the work ethic and instant gratification group starts just after that, with people in their early and mid 20s now.

Just sayin :)
Millennials are defined as 1984-1992

Back
Top Bottom