2022 Draft not looking good! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Draft not looking good!

Millennials are defined as 1984-1992
I mean, depends where you get your info, but yeah “no later than mid 90s” is correct… and aka the snowflake, instant gratification mentality being described would be the current Gen Z kids… so yeah, I think what I said is correct.

Edit: just saw your edit

But Fever, rookies in middle to late rounds and UDFA are supposed to immediately play at pro-bowl HOF levels! EVERY 7th round QB must be Marinoesque even with a decimated Line and playing not to lose. Don't you get it? Obviously you don't know much about football. My Madden and Madden AI has given me much more experience in building and developing a roster (from my moms basement) than you!

Signed,

Every Millennial

He shouldn't have tried to "pass gas".
The EPA did go a little "overboard" with their response. - LOL

Tindall was taken on sheer athletic ability alone. He’s a guided missile. The problem is the guidance system. He, like Roberts, is a guesser. He lacks natural instincts and struggles to read and diagnose plays. When he guesses right, look out! His instincts, or lack there if, are unlikely to improve to the point where he could be a good starter. My hope for him with his skill set was to be a spy who followed Josh Allen and laid the wood whenever he ran. Unfortunately that hasn’t happened and may never happen. Allen is that good and Tindall just doesn’t process fast enough.

EZE was at a college with a more simplistic route tree than my high school 30 years ago. Ok that’s an exaggeration but you get my point. He not only needs to learn a much more complicated play book but how to run these routes to set up DBs so he can get open or find holes in the zones. That’ll take some time, maybe even another year. However the kid has talent and the perfect guide in former Texas Tech receiver Wes Welker. I think he’ll be a solid contributor some day.

But Fever, rookies in middle to late rounds and UDFA are supposed to immediately play at pro-bowl HOF levels! EVERY 7th round QB must be Marinoesque even with a decimated Line and playing not to lose. Don't you get it? Obviously you don't know much about football. My Madden and Madden AI has given me much more experience in building and developing a roster (from my moms basement) than you!

Signed,

Every Millennial

where's the post about 'if they don't bite as pups?'

Not sure that I’d refer to Skylar Thompson as a negative for the draft. He certainly isn’t a starting QB, but considering he was a 7th round pick that nearly led us to a playoff win in Buffalo, I’d say he exceeded expectations
Skylar completed 40% of his passes in that game with 1 td, 2 int's, and a QBR of 21.9. He was the reason we lost that game. If we just had a slightly below average QB performance we might have blown the Bills out but the QB play that day was pretty terrible.

Skylar completed 40% of his passes in that game with 1 td, 2 int's, and a QBR of 21.9. He was the reason we lost that game. If we just had a slightly below average QB performance we might have blown the Bills out but the QB play that day was pretty terrible.
Sorry. I disagree.

I know we have up a ton to get Hill. And he really changed this team in a positive way. However it doesn't look good for the picks we did make. Might not see EZ make the team, the LB hardly played in his first year. And I don't think anyone else did a darn thing in 2022.
Just a great find in the CB we picked up as a UFA.
Hopefully 2023 draft is better. And F the league for stealing our 1 st round pick.
Pretty hyperbolic take and far too soon. We have a new DC now that will find the best way to use Tindall. EZ has not seen the field in the RS only because of the depth we have. It was a draft last year and you won't even have an inkling how it went with the late players we got until at least another year. Plus we got Tyreek Hill for our first pick. Somehow you know in May of the next year how they look? We haven't even gotten to TC of year two yet for Christ's sake...

To me, it was more that Mostert was also out of the game. Skylar was nullified for the most part which was pretty much the expectation for the 7th round rookie on the road against the division champs....

Only 30% of third round picks ever become starters in the NFL. For 4th round picks and lower the percentage goes down even more.

So basically players taken in the 3rd round or later end up out of the league within a couple of years far more than they find success in the NFL.

The 2022 draft was more about being able to trade picks to bring Hill to the Dolphins. Tindall and EE still have time to develop into decent players for the Dolphins but if they don’t, they will just part of the 70% or more players drafted in the 3rd round or later who ended up not being good enough. It happens but the Dolphins still ended up with Hill and An UDFA in Kohou as starters and considering how few draft picks they had after the Hill trade, that’s not too bad.

I mean, you couldn't ask for a much more pressured first year than what Skylar Thompson had to face. Slaying the almighty Bills in Buffalo, in January, in the playoffs.

Here's the thing, if Skylar sees the field this year ( and hopefully not), I think every single one of us would feel that his experience from last year is a plus, I know I will at least

I'd say F Stephen Ross for bringing a Patriots fan into the building.

Also, any "Dolphins" fan that wanted Brady is partially liable for that lost draft pick, as well as our 2024 3rd.
And to top it off, Brady is.. or has purchased interest in Raiders. BTW, how does he work for Fox as an owner???

And to top it off, Brady is.. or has purchased interest in Raiders. BTW, how does he work for Fox as an owner???
I'm wondering the same thing. Maybe because he's a minority owner? That shouldn't be allowed either. At the very least it should have him unable to call any games involving AFCW teams.

I mean, you couldn't ask for a much more pressured first year than what Skylar Thompson had to face. Slaying the almighty Bills in Buffalo, in January, in the playoffs.
Brock Purdy's year as Mr Irrelevant and then taking his team to NFC champ game was a lot more pressure than what Skylar did.

Back
Top Bottom