2022 Draft scheme fits for the Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Draft scheme fits for the Dolphins

Have to see some combine numbers but did see video where he did bench press 40 times. Quite impressive imo

Wisconsin LB Leo Chenal is a feisty, fast, attacking style football player. He will remind you of Van Gink is a lot of ways. Dude definitely a baller and he'd be a great player in our defense. Doesn't miss tackles, can rush the passer and stuff the run. Everything you like about Van Gink you'll like about Chenal. The things you don't like you may feel the same. Very similar players.

I think Chenal is better on rush defense then Van Gink. Although I like Van alot.

Wisconsin LB Leo Chenal is a feisty, fast, attacking style football player. He will remind you of Van Gink is a lot of ways. Dude definitely a baller and he'd be a great player in our defense. Doesn't miss tackles, can rush the passer and stuff the run. Everything you like about Van Gink you'll like about Chenal. The things you don't like you may feel the same. Very similar players.

Did you copy and paste that from article I ve read before? Because Van is not run stuffing linebacker 240. Chenal is 260 and strong at poa.

I like Drummond and he's not in the top 150. He's slow but has good hands

I can't believe so many are focused on defense here. Our defense is fine. We need to start scoring 28 PPG, worry about that first.

Running backs are running the 40 soon in the combine! Breece Hall just hit 40" in the vert!!!

I disagree somewhat with the OP on his “scheme fits”;

Burks was moved around in order to get him free releases, we have that already with Waddle.

“Separation: Burks’ ability to separate can be an issue in the NFL. In the slot where he has free releases he can get into his routes and find spacing in coverage consistently. When lined up on the boundary, there are inconsistencies in his ability to get separation quickly during his routes—which is why his ability to make contested catches will be key to his career.”

Contested catches? We have that in Parker.

Dean is 6’ 225lbs, there is no chance he can play in a 3-4 defense.

I think Chenal is better on rush defense then Van Gink. Although I like Van alot.
Me too

Did you copy and paste that from article I ve read before? Because Van is not run stuffing linebacker 240. Chenal is 260 and strong at poa.
Nope. Didn't see any articles on them, but I see a lot of similarities.

Very intriguing. He looks very instinctual with a nose for gaps and the ball. Couldn’t ask for anything much more at off ball LB. Question is, would he last until the end of the 3rd round? Because I want offensive weapons with rd 1and 2.

And if not, what would you be willing to trade up earlier in Rd 3 to grab him? I’d trade 4 this year or one of our 3s next.

Burks, Spiller, and Chenal at 1,2, and 3. Or Hall, Pierce, and Chenal. I’d take that for sure.

Boston College OG Zion Johnson is a big, thick OL that has exceptionally quick feet. He has good leverage and takes great angles. He looks very athletic and active on film for such a big man. One of the better OG's at pass blocking and best of all, he was coached by our new OL Coach so we will know him well. Johnson has been getting some good press in the pre draft activities and he should definitely be on the board when we make our first few selections. For me a total homerun would be Dean with our #1 and Johnson with one of our next two selections.

another Gackle?

Abraham Lucas and Zion Johnson on the offensive line.

Cook, Hall at running back.

About a dozen wide receivers.

Chenal, Dean and Lloyd at linebacker.

Johnson at DE. Maybe Winfrey at DT.

Those are a few I can think of.

Last edited:
Very intriguing. He looks very instinctual with a nose for gaps and the ball. Couldn’t ask for anything much more at off ball LB. Question is, would he last until the end of the 3rd round? Because I want offensive weapons with rd 1and 2.

And if not, what would you be willing to trade up earlier in Rd 3 to grab him? I’d trade 4 this year or one of our 3s next.

Burks, Spiller, and Chenal at 1,2, and 3. Or Hall, Pierce, and Chenal. I’d take that for sure.
After the combine, I think Chenal goes in the 2nd round.

Back
Top Bottom