2022 Linebackers (Underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Linebackers (Underclassman)

Christian Harris would fit the Cover-0 scheme if we keep it. Dude is a missile, and looks like he has great range in coverage.

He was a cornerback in high school. Harris always had tremendous instincts and technique in man overage.

The issue was he was lost in zone coverage. I’d watch him keep dropping and getting depth while the receiver was running underneath through his zone.

Once you see the guy coming into your zone running a shallow crosser that’s not threatening you vertically, it’s time to stop dropping back and getting depth. It’s time to come up and take the guy instead of covering grass. This is a Pete Golding issue though.

In addition to being the DC and calling Saban’s defense, he’s also the ILB’s coach. He doesn’t really understand how to coach that position.

The other issue with Harris was that he just didn’t play physical enough. Trying to run around blocks and wouldn’t hit. Golding would call the same ILB blitzes that were useless because Harris would just get completely stopped unless he was unblocked. Just no physicality. The opposite of what you’d see with Georgia’s ILB’s for example - running the exact same scheme.

However, Harris really came on the last month of the season. The last 4 games or so he looked like a completely different player. He played with a physicality never seen out of him prior. Ever.

Shooting gaps correctly and diagnosing plays at the snap. Really started reading his keys better. Defeating blocks on blitzes. Just a totally different looking player. Which is why I bumped him up my rankings. He had been dropping all season.

If he continues on that path of improvement, you might have something. If he reverts back to his prior level of play, you won’t have anything.

Dean is the perfect weapon to slow down Josh Allen. He’ll never make it into the late first but I’d trade up for him if he hits the mid teens.

I think one of Lloyd or Dean have to be the pick at 29 if they are there. Such great fits and highest chance of 10 year starter at 29

Would Miami trade a 2023 first round pick to trade for nakobe dean?

I have the feeling those picks in 23 are QB insurance. If they trade them, I think it’s because they think they will get busted for the Flores allegations.

Dean a massive “faller”

NFL teams don’t particularly like small linebackers, but teams are letting him fall way too far only because he didn’t workout. The pencil pushers don’t have any workout numbers to post on Twitter.

There was a 5’10” linebacker coming out of an unknown school about 25 years ago with 4.4 speed that they allowed to fall all the way to UDFA.

Kid by the name of London Fletcher. He made ‘em all pay for their stupidity over the next 15 years.

And Dean will make them pay, I’m confident in that..

Studying Tindall it’s obvious who the best linebacker is.

Would Miami trade a 2023 first round pick to trade for nakobe dean?

And Dean will make them pay, I’m confident in that..

Studying Tindall it’s obvious who the best linebacker is.

I’m reading between the lines and speculating here, of course, but Grier said they tried to trade up but were nonetheless happy with Tindall. He also said parting with 2023 draft picks was “non-negotiable“.

So my guess is, they tried to take advantage of Nakobe Dean‘s dramatic fall, but weren’t able to do so w/o parting with 2023 assets. As it turned out Dean was selected 19 picks before they took Tindall.

Had Dean slid even further to 102, I’m pretty sure he’d have been the taken over Tindall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom