2022 Offensive Line (Seniors) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Offensive Line (Seniors)

Iirc Gesicki has only broken 50 yards twice during Miami's win streak. I've thought that franchising him then letting him walk in 2023 is the play, but I think I'd rather see Miami just roll with the other TE's, who defenses treat as TE's, because they can block a little.

If Miami addresses OL in FA, which would be ideal given their inability to draft/develop OT's, I'd go WR/Breece Hall or WR/WR to start the draft. I think one of Burks, Wilson, Williams, London, and Bell will be there in the 1st, and I could see Bell being there in the 2nd. If he's not, I think you have a solid shot at someone like Olave, who has some limitations but would should be a quality player and a fit.

I do like Kennard a good deal. Was watching his game vs UGA the other day, and his power looks effortless. I just don't trust Miami to draft him over some random player who I'd ultimately better suited to play OG.

Well that’s because opposing defenses can take him away by matching up a cornerback on him. They don’t believe Gesicki is too physical for their CB’s.

Well that’s because opposing defenses can take him away by matching up a cornerback on him. They don’t believe Gesicki is too physical for their CB’s.

Exactly. If he was able to at least dominate S's and CB's as a blocker, it'd be different, but he really hasn't given opposing DC's any reason to swap out a DB for a LB. And, at that point, you're better off replacing him with an actual WR with actual WR skills.

I understand Gesicki’s limitations as both a TE & WR but I do think he provides good value under the TE Franchise tag/ assuming 9 mill.

Upside, production, makes the difficult 3rd down catch, redzone target.
He can be taken away by above average CB play but couple additional points.
Would like to see him with another season with Tua to take advance of that height and skill set and let’s put him on a good OL with a developed Hunter Long as the primary blocker.
Franchise tag allows us to develop Long and little risk.
9 mill for the production and some mismatch value.
I’m paying Ogbah use the tag on Gesicki.

I think you almost have to draft Faalele. It's hard to have that kind of size without being a fat pig. He carries 400 lbs looking like a 250 lb dude. He could get shredded and still have 340 lbs of anchoring push on the right side. Give him 3 years to get Man Strong in the NFL and he's going to be ridiculous. He's still College Boy soft.

Any thoughts on Logan Bruss? Per SI.com

Logan Bruss
Wisconsin Badgers​

Pros:​

Ezring: The Wisconsin football program seemingly churns out offensive line prospects annually. The Badgers’ next big name is Logan Bruss, a versatile blocker with starting experience at guard and tackle. An impressive mover with excellent short-area quickness, the Wisconsin native should offer coaches nearly uninhibited usage in the run game. He can pull, climb and reach block. What’s more, he is very efficient engaging in space. He routinely reaches to hinge and seal at the second level. His movement skills make him an effective down blocker. His clean change of direction ability enables him to mirror both before and after contact. Further, Bruss has a flexible frame that helps him anchor. The Wisconsin standout also exhibits impressive leverage into engagement in terms of both his pad level and his hand placement. Although inaccurate in 2019, he was consistently shooting low and inside punches in 2020. Moreover, Bruss drives his legs into and through contact to manufacture power. Similarly, he supports his anchor with a wide base. In 2020, Bruss played with active feet that helped him keep his balance and mirror after missed blocks. At tackle, he maintained a hard inside shoulder and power stepped to negate inside counters. In pass protection, Bruss displays sound vision and gap discipline to handle stunts and delayed blitzers. He helps his teammates when necessary.

Per SI.com​

Matt Allen​

Michigan State Spartans​

Pros:​

Calderone: The Spartan center can bring a lot to the table as an interior lineman at the next level. Allen has a strong anchor in pass protection that makes the ability to push him back into the quarterback difficult. He has the versatility to play guard but his best position will be center where he can command an offensive line. He has the leadership qualities that you want to see in an experienced collegiate lineman and it could translate to the next level. Allen has experience at the offensive line position, already accumulating 17 starts even with missing a majority of the 2020 season with injury. Being the technically sound player that he is, Allen’s pass protection is really solid and one of the main strengths of his game. Not to be understated in Allen’s game is his ability to push the pile when he’s run blocking. His lockout ability is evident in not letting the defensive tackles get any type of leverage on the inside. He has some impressive strength in his lower body that makes him tough to get by.

Still like his brother better. His brother is a free agent this year, btw. Probably not a fit if McDaniel becomes the Dolphins HC. But anyone else.

I don't think there's any chance Faalele falls to us unless he grades out poorly in testing like Orlando Brown Jr did a few years ago.

The other guy i really like is Raimann out of Central Michigan, there's something about former TEs successfully transitioning to tackle.

I refuse to watch another season of Jesse Davis chasing DEs like he is the one that wasn't supposed to know the snap count.

I really like Trevor Penning

So who are the athletic linemen in this draft? Who would you draft gurus think would fit with the type of offense McD is bringing here?

So who are the athletic linemen in this draft? Who would you draft gurus think would fit with the type of offense McD is bringing here?

Of the Senior group

Zach Tom - C
Zion Johnson - G
Bernhard Raimann - T

Last edited:
The low hanging fruit is Applebaum's perspective on whether Zion Johnson can transition to Center. There's a reason coaches had him working some snaps there during Senior Bowl week. Miami could have more confidence in him making that transition because of Applebaum, which could see them putting a special emphasis on acquiring him.

What a great year for an OL. Dudes hit it out of the ballpark in 40 dash. I have a feeling OL will fly off the board.

Dare Rosenthal 4.88
Kellen Diesch 4.89
Chris Paul 4.89
Trevor Penning 4.89 (This guy may go top 10 now)
Cam Jurgens 4.92
Abraham Lucas 4.92
Ikem Ekwonu 4.93 (This dude too may go top 10)
Dylan Parham 4.93
Zach Tom 4.94
Charles Cross 4.95
Zach Thomas 4.96
Braxton Jones 4.97

Wow!

Back
Top Bottom