2022 Offensive Line (Underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Offensive Line (Underclassman)

Matt Rhea is great. He went to Alabama from Indiana. He has been highly coveted over the years both by the NFL and by other college programs. The Dolphins were rumored to be highly interested in him before Alabama (I think that was Tannenbaum).

When Saban was at Michigan St., he had a 6'7", 350 pound kid up there playing LT for him by the name of Flozell Adams. He played RT his first 2 years then switched over to LT his 3rd year - just like Evan Neal. He went on to be a 5 time Pro Bowler with the Cowboys.

Evan Neal reminds me a lot of "The Hotel", except an even more athletic version of him. Neal's athleticism is stupefying at that size. Monster.
Major tangent but my wife’s high school best friend’s husband was a four star recruit out of the state of Michigan who played at MSU for Saban. Michigan and Notre Dame wanted him badly and his dad wanted him to go to one of them (I think especially ND). But the draw of Saban was too much. That’s saying something, especially back then.

They have a son who is early teens and it’s a given that he’s going to be a total monster. His recruitment will no doubt be highly contested. He’s got an OT frame and is a great kid (mom is exceptionally bright and also tall).

I don‘t want to say his name out of respect for them.

Matt Rhea is great. He went to Alabama from Indiana. He has been highly coveted over the years both by the NFL and by other college programs. The Dolphins were rumored to be highly interested in him before Alabama (I think that was Tannenbaum).

Rhea and David Ballou are the best in the business - on any level. That’s why Saban hired ‘em and moved on from Scott Cochran.

They were both at IMG Academy when Dylan Moses was there. Moses and other players from IMG couldn’t say enough good things about ‘em

Last edited:
Get that Niners pick up high enough so we can get Neal or even Cross. Imagine what our O would look like if we solidified our tackle spots and got an actual running game.

Sign me up for Tyler Linderbaum.

Start with solidifying the interior and adding the captain of the line.

Evan Neal looks phenomenal as well, but as a tackle will go higher in the draft and cost a lot more to acquire.

Linderbaum is also an elite prospect for his position, but won’t be drafted as high and won’t cost as much to trade up for (if needed).

I really wanted Quenton Nelson in the 2018 draft, who is also an interior lineman. He’s played as advertised for Indy. I see Linderbaum doing the same for whomever grabs him.

I’m tired of seeing MIA manhandled on the interior. This dude will surely help to put an end to that BS.

Last edited:
Am I crazy for being more interested in Alec Anderson than Sean Rhyan?

No you are not. Rhyan is better suited for guard. Anderson has a great frame 77" 305 lb for a tackle. I have not looked at him but I will now that you mentioned him. It would be better if he was taller but 77" can be okay. Nonetheless, he needs to test well athletically.

Tackle:

1. Evan Neal / Alabama / 6'7", 360

2. Charles Cross** / Mississippi St. / 6'5", 290

3. Ikem Ekwonu / NC State / 6'4", 325
{Experience at Guard & Tackle}

4. Trevor Penning / N. Iowa / 6’7”, 321

5. Nicholas Petit-Frere / Ohio St. / 6'5", 310

6. Sean Rhyan / UCLA / 6’5”, 318

7. Zion Nelson / Miami / 6'5", 312

8. Rasheed Walker / Penn St. / 6'6", 310

9. Nick Broeker / Ole Miss / 6'4", 305

10. Spencer Burford / UTSA / 6'6", 295 (Experience at every position on OL except Center)

11. Richard Gouraige / Florida / 6’5”, 312 (Experience at LG)

12. Tyler Smith** / Tulsa / 6'6", 332

13. Wanya Morris / Oklahoma / 6'5", 320 [Transferred from Tennessee]

Guard:

1. Kenyon Green / Texas A&M / 6'4", 325 (Getting experience at RT in 2021)

2. Matthew Bedford / Indiana / 6'6", 314 (Experience at both tackle spots)

3. Eli Cox** / Kentucky / 6’4”, 293

4. Doug Nester / W. Virginia / 6'6", 327 [Transferred from Virginia Tech]

5. Sidy Sow / E. Michigan / 6’5”, 334

6. Emil Ekiyor / Alabama / 6'3", 324

7. Jordan McFadden / Clemson / 6’2”, 300 (Getting experience at LT in 2021)

Center:

1. Tyler Linderbaum / Iowa / 6'3", 289

2. Dohnovan West / Arizona St. / 6’3”, 315 (Experience at Guard)

3. Ricky Stromberg / Arkansas / 6’4”, 310 (Experience at both Guard spots)

4. Luke Matthews / Texas A&M / 6'4", 320 (Out for season - shoulder surgery)
Kenyon Green...

What is your take on him playing RT if we were to draft him...keeping in mind that a damn turnstile could compete with Davis in camp?

Penning looks very flat footed and is trying to hide that fact by ragdolling lineman at the senior bowl. Good luck doing that to nfl strength. Pass.

I mentioned concerns before about Tyler Linderbaum and the likelihood Miami wouldn't use him in a way that reflects his true value. Obviously the hiring of Mike McDaniel changes that. He will 100% run a wide zone based system that would make extensive use of Linderbaum's unique skills. I don't think Tyler will last to Miami's pick in the 1st round but I also wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up for him. I doubt it would involve one of their future 1st round picks, but short of that I know the Dolphins internally are still smarting about having to take Austin Jackson in the 1st round because they failed to find a taker on a trade-up for Tristan Wirfs. They did not have that strong a grade on Jackson but there was a run on tackles and they entered that draft with a "must" at that position.

How much (if any) is Linderbaum an upgrade over a FA center? You could sign someone in FA and keep that 1 available for a “premium” position. You could then draft a day 3 center to develop. Seems like a better use of resources

How much (if any) is Linderbaum an upgrade over a FA center? You could sign someone in FA and keep that 1 available for a “premium” position. You could then draft a day 3 center to develop. Seems like a better use of resources

This is definitely the strategy I’d use while your QB is on a rookie deal.

Back
Top Bottom