2022 Quarterbacks (Seniors) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Quarterbacks (Seniors)

Willis is a tough evaluation. Has the physical ability in terms of arm and athleticism to be a weapon at QB in the NFL, but lack of size is something he’ll have to deal with on every snap. Sometimes it will matter, sometimes it won’t.

It’s the type of pick that usually gets you fired, but rarely if ever moves you to the top of the league. I couldn’t pull the trigger in the 1st round.

Kenny Pickett is the guy that can move you to the top of the league. The issue with him is it took him a 5 year college career to be any good, and he went from below average for 4 years to world beater in 1 season.

Similar to Joe Burrow in a way, but Burrow didn’t actually have 4 years of below average play weighing him down.

But Pickett’s size, physical tools, mannerisms, style of play, body language and the way he extends plays with his legs is nearly identical to Burrow his Senior year. They look so similar it’s hard to believe. They look like the exact same player.

Pickett is the only QB I can see warranting a legitimate 1st round grade in this class.

Although what a team like Miami has to look at is those two 1st rounders they have in 2023 with QB’s like Tyler Van Dyke, Chris Stroud, Grayson McCall, Brennan Armstrong and Will Levis.

Bryce Young is great, but he’s just too small and plays small in the pocket. He overcomes it with the talent around him, but you don’t want more of the same issues with a re-do. He makes Tua look big.

If your pick at QB fails, you want it to be because he’s just not good enough and has a few flaws he just can’t get past. But at least he checked all the boxes in terms of requisite size, mobility and arm strength.

You don’t want your QB pick to fail because he’s too small or just doesn’t have the physical tools.

Anything under 6”2” is just asking for trouble. It might work out occasionally for the right guys in the right circumstances - but it’s because a bullet was dodged despite asking for trouble.

Tyler Van Dyke and Grayson McCall are among those I'd be thinking about for those two 1st rounders in 2023.

Have we completely written off Uiageleilei? Obviously didn't look great this year. But it was his first year starting. There's something to be said for that.

Tyler Van Dyke and Grayson McCall are among those I'd be thinking about for those two 1st rounders in 2023.

Have we completely written off Uiageleilei? Obviously didn't look great this year. But it was his first year starting. There's something to be said for that.

I don’t think he’s written off already in terms of what the NFL likes - immense size and arm strength. But he wasn’t just bad during his first year - he’s absolutely clueless when you watch what he’s doing.

He’ll always be a kid that you keep your eye on and monitor just because he’s 6”5”, 250. But he has so much he has to overcome mentally to be considered the caliber of player as these other QB’s.

Same for a kid like Anthony Richardson. He’s everything you want from a physical tools and mobility package. You just have to keep him ranked down until he gives you a reason to move him up.

There’s still so much development that has to take place with Richardson and DJU - you just never know when or if it’s going to happen.

If it happens, they shoot to the top. But they have to earn it with their play.

In this draft, there really isn't a QB we must have. We are in that situation and the quality of prospects is like that.
Pickett will go high, too high for us. He and Strong are two QBs who have thrown the ball a lot and will have no problem playing a full season, they proved in college they can play at that pace. Strong is slow af tho. He reminds of Rosen and the guy from UGA who transferred and played for UW. I don't think any team must pull the trigger on him.

Corral is interesting, he also had high attempts. but he's small.. Nice arm, nice athleticism, decent production, could carry the team, does not score a lot, played and put production in SEC, but small. That's the problem.

The only QB Id take in this draft is Ridder. Good arm, slings it, he did not have high volume but it's not bad, he will need good run game and he can help in the run game as a runner. Had the height, arm, athleticism, and good production in college. He takes too many risks with throws even with low volume passing, and that will have to be managed and trained.

I’ve been thinking about Desmond Ridder in Mike McDaniels offense today and I can’t lie, I don’t hate it.

Who's this guy Cole Kelley, anyone heard of this guy?

Yeah used to be at Arkansas 4 or 5 years ago. Couldn’t hack it in the SEC - got beat out by Ty Storey and Nick Starkel - who also couldn’t hack it in the SEC. Then Kelley transferred out, followed by Starkel.

Reminds me of Eli Manning so much. Had an excellent senior season, and that size dominates.

Kelley has a great arm angle for the NFL. Quick release. Would take as developmental backup unless McDaniel wants a backup similar to tua

If you saw Clemson’s spring game, DJ still looks just as bad as he did last year. Kid struggles just to hit a screen pass.

It ain’t looking good from where I sit.

Back
Top Bottom