2022 Quarterbacks (Seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Quarterbacks (Seniors)

I don’t like that Haener is a smaller quarterback, but he can play. He competed at the Elite 11 in 2016 against Tua, Fromm, Sean Clifford, Ehlinger, Davis Mills, etc.

He beat out Jacob Eason for the starting job at Washington, but they decided to go with Eason because of size and being a local boy. It pissed Haener off and that’s why he transferred.

People like to ignore the fact that when you default to things like size and arm strength as your make or break traits, you usually end up with Jacob Eason or Drew Lock more times than not. Nobody is happy with that either.

Haener possesses skills that a lot of bigger QB’s don’t have. He reminds me a lot of Jeff Garcia when he was at San Jose St. A kid like Haener in the right WCO in the NFL could have a similar career to Garcia.

Thing that stands out to me lately is he really darts that football into spots. He's got some pace.

Also played the last 1.5 quarters on a lower body injury you could see he could barely walk on. Still got the offense going and executed a comeback attempt.

Last edited:
Thing that stands out to me lately is he really darts that football into spots. He's got some pace.

Also played the last 1.5 quarters on a lower body injury you could see he could barely walk on. Still got the offense going and executed a comeback attempt.

Became smitten against Texas Tech last year and saw some of the Indiana game this year.

I haven't watched any of the MSU stuff yet but i'd love to draft the guy. I think someone will end up taking him in the first round.

It amazes me how in this day and age QBs still fly under the radar coming out of high school. Josh Allen, Pat Mahomes, Lamar Jackson (4 star but wasn't heavily recruited as a QB by powerhouse schools), and Justin Herbert instantly come to mind.

Bailey Zappe is amazing to watch. Incredible arm. I've seen every game he's played at my alma mater. Unfortunately the defense is just as bad as he is good and that's causing the team's bad record.

I will stay away from small school prospect this draft season, ala Zappe, Malik Willis, McCall from Coastal Carolina, although they all look good, I'm not interested. Also, Sam Hartman and Jake Haener look good and Id give them a nod over small school prospects other than Willis who has wheels, but as Pachy mentioned, size is an issue, therefore I'm not interested in those either.
That leaves Ridder, Hendon Hooker, and Kenny PIckett if he is 6-3, similar to Burrow or Rodgers in height. Kenny Pickett is having a great year so far similar to Burrow and Baker, so it's hard for me to see him fail the rest of the way. I guess it could happen, anything is possible, but it should not happen. He should be the top ranked QB, considering Burrow and Baker went #1 overall. But, Im not in love with his arm and if he does not measure at 6-3 I will scratch him.
Nonetheless, for me, those are the three QBs Im interested in for now, Pickett, Hooker, and Ridder.

I think it's just weird and wrongheaded to make a blanket statement like I'm going to toss out every "small school" (what even constitutes a "small school" for this purpose?) quarterback.

Liberty, Western Kentucky, and Coastal Carolina are small schools but Fresno State isn't?

Umm. OK.

Willis is too much fun to watch. Can’t have that in Miami. We must suffer.

I do really enjoy Pickett’s footwork. He reminds a bit of Russell Wilson and Burrow in the pocket. I’d be happy with either QB.

As an ND fan, I can assuredly say that Jack Coan will not ever sniff an NFL roster.

I think it's just weird and wrongheaded to make a blanket statement like I'm going to toss out every "small school" (what even constitutes a "small school" for this purpose?) quarterback.

Liberty, Western Kentucky, and Coastal Carolina are small schools but Fresno State isn't?

Umm. OK.
He has a very rigid set of rules on players. Its some crazy stuff

Okay, this draft season I will look at a couple more QB, 5 at most. Hooker, Pickett, Ridder and 2 more from lesser conferences, for example Bailey Zappe and Willis.

Im hearing Pickett is becoming a top QB. What do you all think of Pickett?

Pickett is the most improved player in the country. Not the most improved quarterback - the most improved player.

I’d like to see him win the Heisman Trophy if he keeps up his level of play. I think he deserves it over Corral and Bryce Young up to this point.

The biggest concern I have with him as a prospect is his extremely small hands, which is why he wears a glove on both hands Teddy Bridgewater style. Jake Fromm and Bridgewater were guys that also had very small hands.

Pickett’s hands are about 8 1/2”. That’s a red flag for a lot of teams. I like him though.

Back
Top Bottom