2022 Quarterbacks (Underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Quarterbacks (Underclassman)

Sam Howell is the man. I'd imagine he will be the top pick next spring.

The obvious comp is Baker Mayfield, but with a better deep ball. Love the kid.

I'm not sold on Howell, but that could change this season. I think he benefitted immensely this year from teams having to respect Carter and Williams.

Penix is interesting to me because he's a lefty and he held his own against a talented ohio state ; i've liked what i've seen so far from him. Him developing behind Tua would be good for team continuity since the receivers will probably become accustomed to catching a lefty ball.

I'm almost tempted sometimes to just give up on the idea of less than ideal athleticism being in elite category at QB because it seems like in today's NFL that takes years before it works and maybe a second team. But there's such a confidence in Carson Strong's throwing that reminds me of Dan Marino. This dude thinks he can do ANYTHING with the football. Anything challenging about the coverage and he'll just deal with it by rifling it in there and/or manipulating the ball location. Doesn't always go the way he wants it to but the confidence seems off the charts just to my eyes. And most of the time he's right about what he can do with the ball.

Matt Corral will be the top QB by draft time imo

Hendon Hooker #1 so far

Grayson McCall and Sam Hartman #2. Maybe JT Daniels #3.
The rest need to improve to be considered for contract.

I know DJ Uiagalelei is only a sophomore but what do you think about him? Kids big and has a strong arm, he’s also very mobile.

This kid looks so bad every week that somebody needs to perform a scholarship check on him to make sure he really has one.

Which means he’ll probably be in the pro football Hall of Fame a month into his 2nd NFL season like Justin Herbert.

Wow. Tanner McKee. First impressions Do not like. It's like looking at a poor man's Mike Glennon.

Wow. Tanner McKee. First impressions Do not like. It's like looking at a poor man's Mike Glennon.

He's definitely in that mold. Big, Tall, cumbersome, not a real impressive mover when you watch him. Big arm.

Glennon, Ryan Mallett, Jacob Eason, Byron Leftwich, Matt Schaub, etc., etc. He's certainly looks to be in that mold of those type QB's. He's just so early in his development.

He is 6''6" , moves well in the pocket, views multiple receivers, does not throw balls to receivers who are in precarious positions, is able to throw with hard velocity or a soft touch, has revealed sensational accuracy etc... so I expect he will be a top NFL draft pick.

Back
Top Bottom