2022 Quarterbacks (Underclassman) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Quarterbacks (Underclassman)

Going off topic here so feel free to ignore me - How does Bryce Young compare to Tua & Mac Jones in your eyes?

In what way? How does Bryce Young compare to Tua and Mac in your eyes?

Bryce Young has everything except size.

In what way? How does Bryce Young compare to Tua and Mac in your eyes?
How would you rank the 3? How does Young compare in the areas you evaluate QBs by (anticipation, decision making, leadership, arm talent, pocket presence, mobility, etc.)?

I didn't watch Mac or Young enough to really have an opinion on them as prospects. I also don't know **** about evaluating QBs anyway lol.

Well Bryce is still so early in his development right now. It's incredible what he's been able to do behind a struggling offensive line and without a dominant running game all season.

Bryce is a little bit of a combination of all of 'em. He has traits of Tua and Mac Jones, and I think some traits of Kyler Murray.

He's incredibly accurate, but doesn't have Tua's hyper accuracy. Look, I've been trying to get this point across since Tua's sophomore year - nobody is as accurate as Tua. I've seen all the greats play. Going all the way back to Joe Namath. Nobody is more accurate than Tua. Nobody. Anywhere.

However, Bryce has more of Kyler Murray's ability to throw from a variety of different platforms and arm angles without losing any velocity or accuracy. He has Mac Jones concrete poise in the pocket to stand in there and stare down the barrel of the rush and deliver the football without flinching.

He has Tua's personality and natural leadership on and off the field. Just an outstanding young man that comes from a great family.

The only weakness Bryce had early in the season was he didn't hit the deep throws on the money every single time like Tua did. Again, he doesn't have Tua's accuracy. The other thing is he doesn't always see the open receiver and doesn't confirm coverage post snap as quickly as Tua did. However, he's steadily improved in those aspects as he's gotten more experience and will continue to get better in those aspects.

Bryce Young has more pure arm talent and variety than Tua or Mac Jones. Although he's not quite as big as either. His toughness and durability has shown to exceed his size.

Doesn't execute the RPO as precise as Tua, but as I've said for years - nobody does. Tua was the best I'd ever seen and it wasn't close.

Well Bryce is still so early in his development right now. It's incredible what he's been able to do behind a struggling offensive line and without a dominant running game all season.

Bryce is a little bit of a combination of all of 'em. He has traits of Tua and Mac Jones, and I think some traits of Kyler Murray.

He's incredibly accurate, but doesn't have Tua's hyper accuracy. Look, I've been trying to get this point across since Tua's sophomore year - nobody is as accurate as Tua. I've seen all the greats play. Going all the way back to Joe Namath. Nobody is more accurate than Tua. Nobody. Anywhere.

However, Bryce has more of Kyler Murray's ability to throw from a variety of different platforms and arm angles without losing any velocity or accuracy. He has Mac Jones concrete poise in the pocket to stand in there and stare down the barrel of the rush and deliver the football without flinching.

He has Tua's personality and natural leadership on and off the field. Just an outstanding young man that comes from a great family.

The only weakness Bryce had early in the season was he didn't hit the deep throws on the money every single time like Tua did. Again, he doesn't have Tua's accuracy. The other thing is he doesn't always see the open receiver and doesn't confirm coverage post snap as quickly as Tua did. However, he's steadily improved in those aspects as he's gotten more experience and will continue to get better in those aspects.

Bryce Young has more pure arm talent and variety than Tua or Mac Jones. Although he's not quite as big as either. His toughness and durability has shown to exceed his size.

Doesn't execute the RPO as precise as Tua, but as I've said for years - nobody does. Tua was the best I'd ever seen and it wasn't close.

What do you think about everyone saying Tua can't throw deep? What's your thoughts on that after he was hyper aggressive in college going downfield?

What do you think about everyone saying Tua can't throw deep? What's your thoughts on that after he was hyper aggressive in college going downfield?

Well I don't know who says that, but what is "deep"? I think it's nonsense first of all. Half of what I've heard about Tua for 5 years from people that don't know what they're talking about has been nonsense. I heard a lot of nonsense about Trevor Lawrence for 3 years too.

I think a lot of fan types tend to focus on the wrong things when it comes to football. Throwing deep requires time to allow everything to develop - and I see a lot of Miami's offensive line not holding up in terms of time to throw "deep". Both of your offensive tackles can't be turning perpendicular to the LOS and running backwards constantly if you want to throw deep.

It’s clear to me the garbage offensive line is preventing deep throws at the moment, due to both a lack of time to let routes develop and scheming tons of quick throws to compensate. They’re also using the best deep threat they have (Waddle) as a possession receiver right now out of necessity.

Tua was awesome throwing deep in college, I highly doubt he lost that ability. Hopefully the Dolphins get their heads out of their asses and fix the ****ing oline once and for all so Tua can showcase that talent.

Another thing that always hindered Tua's development was injuries. You can't develop if you're always rehabbing injuries.

Once Tua was able to experience some good fortune regarding his health, he was naturally going to start developing at a more consistent clip. Injury has derailed many a great football career before it even got started.

Tua is just recently fully recovered from all the trauma he's experienced. He's finally healthy.

QB Matt Corral, Mississippi: Declared on 11/19

QB Felix Harper, Alcorn State: Announced he would enter the draft on 11/28.

QB Adrian Martinez, Nebraska: Enters transfer portal 12/2

QB Jayden Daniels, Arizona State: Will return to school 12/2

QB Dillon Gabriel, Transfer Portal: Former UCF QB to visit Ole Miss per reports on 12/3

QB Phil Jurkovec, Boston College: Will return in 2022 12/6

QB Michael Penix, Indiana: Enters transfer portal 12/6

QB Jake Haener, Fresno State: Has entered the transfer portal 11/30 - Likely transferring to Washington - Has chosen to return to Fresno State 12/9

QB Sean Clifford, Penn State: Will return for next season 12/10

QB Hendon Hooker, Tennessee: Announced he will return for another season on 12/12.

QB Bo Nix, Auburn: Has entered the transfer portal 12/12

QB Kedon Slovis, USC: Has entered the transfer portal 12/13

QB Spencer Rattler, Oklahoma: Posted on Twitter he intends to transfer from Oklahoma - Transferred to South Carolina 12/13

QB Aidan O'Connell, Purdue: Will return to Purdue for the 2022 season 12/13

QB Carson Strong, Nevada: Announced he will skip the Quick Lane Bowl and enter the 2022 NFL Draft 12/14

QB Chase Garbers, Cal: Declares for the 2022 NFL Draft 12/14

The two players that come to my mind when watching Young are Watson and Burrow. Very fluid. Jones was more like this - but not as athletic looking to me.

Tua is more like Manning and Brees in that he's almost robotic in his movements. I used those players to emphasize that it's not a good or bad thing - just different.

The two players that come to my mind when watching Young are Watson and Burrow. Very fluid. Jones was more like this - but not as athletic looking to me.

Tua is more like Manning and Brees in that he's almost robotic in his movements. I used those players to emphasize that it's not a good or bad thing - just different.
Tua is definitely robotic but in a very sudden way. You can also look fluid like Brisset, but that doesn't mean it's always good

So Carson Strong, Matt Corral, Chase Garbers, and Felix Harper thus far.

I'll be interested in seeing what Grayson McCall and Grant Wells do. They should go back to school but who knows.

I remain tempted to have Carson Strong as overall QB1. For me it's always been him or Malik Willis. Two different players. Both have different drawbacks.

This is going to be one of those weird classes where you say the most talented pure thrower is Carson Strong, the biggest overall nuclear grade talent is Malik Willis, but the guy you most trust to come in and run your NFL offense is either Kenny Pickett or Desmond Ridder (most people will probably choose Pickett in that regard but I think it could be more even than people think). And yet the most accurate might be Bailey Zappe?

It's a nice year to need a body at the position, but it's probably not a nice year to have to put all your chips to the center on one guy. If that makes sense.

Pretty much down to Pickett, Ridder or SOL.

I don't know what was up this year with Carson Strong and lack of mobility, He took a ton of sacks and ran for negative yardage, like negative 200 yards. Some say it's because he was recovering from knee surgery. That's a big concern for him, is he another Rosen?

Carson Strong doesn’t move as well as Rosen did. But throws the ball downfield better.

He’s probably either Flacco/Bledsoe or bust. You have to protect him. He must be protected or he has no shot.

I just can't help but love how Carson Strong plays like he feels like he can do absolutely anything with the football, because he's mostly right.

Back
Top Bottom