Play Bigger Than Their Size:

Shaun Shivers

C.J. Verdell

DeAndre Torrey

Shamari Brooks

Play Bigger Than Their Size:

Shaun Shivers

Here's an example - trucking Xavier McKinney

This kid is mean as a rattlesnake. He's meaner than a lot of bigger backs put together. I'll never forget watching him go up to two Florida players in the pre-game that were much bigger than him and hit both of 'em at the same time. They didn't want none. I'm telling you that little dude is one mean hombre.

There’s a kid not in this list I’ll be keeping an eye on in 2021 and that’s Elijah Dotson of Sacramento State.

He’s has decent size at 6-0 185 and has decent speed as a kid that also runs track. He‘s a tough, capable runner, but the reason think he’s got a shot at possibly playing at the next level is due to his receiving ability.

He was among the Big Sky’s leading rushers in 2018, but after a complete coaching staff overhaul in 2019 — including a switch to a much more QB centric dual threat offense — he was mostly used as a receiving option. He ended the season with 70 receptions and showed an ability to catch the ball like a WR.

Sac State had their best season ever in the Big Sky in 2019, tying for the Conference Championship with Weber State.

2021 will be a huge season for him to prove himself as a day 3 kid or UDFA. He needs to add 10-15 pounds and get stronger, but he’s got some skills.

Last edited:
My eyes are on Jaylen Warren. Hopefully he gets the touches and it was not a waste of transfer. I think he will. And obviously Brian Robinson and Teague.

There’s another kid not in this list I’ll be keeping an eye on in 2021 as well…an FCS kid, and that’s Julius Chestnut of Sacred Heart.

Yes, like many, I didn't even know Sacred Heart was a college, but my son will play against him this year, so I've been scouting all the opposing teams RB's.

Julius is 6-1, 230LB and has been balling. Great YPC, good speed, good power, big heart.

I hope he gets a look.

Edit: One site says he is a Senior, another site says he's a Junior.

There’s another kid not in this list I’ll be keeping an eye on in 2021 as well…an FCS kid, and that’s Julius Chestnut of Sacred Heart.

Yes, like many, I didn't even know Sacred Heart was a college, but my son will play against him this year, so I've been scouting all the opposing teams RB's.

Julius is 6-1, 230LB and has been balling. Great YPC, good speed, good power, big heart.

I hope he gets a look.

Edit: One site says he is a Senior, another site says he's a Junior.

It’s confusing because FCS teams like Sacred Heart cancelled their seasons that were going to be played in the fall of 2020 - and instead just got finished playing them in the spring of 2021.

So there will be a quick turn around to get back on schedule and play again in the fall of 2021.

Basically, Chestnut played his Junior season in the spring of 2021, and will start his Senior season in a month or so when football season starts. But wait, it gets more complicated…..

The NCAA granted all student athletes an extra year of eligibility for the Covid season of 2020. That season didn’t count towards anyone’s eligibility - including the spring season of FCS games in spring.

So essentially, they’re both correct. A lot of student athletes may be Seniors in terms of academics, but Juniors in terms of eligibility.

It’s confusing because FCS teams like Sacred Heart cancelled their seasons that were going to be played in the fall of 2020 - and instead just got finished playing them in the spring of 2021.

So there will be a quick turn around to get back on schedule and play again in the fall of 2021.

Basically, Chestnut played his Junior season in the spring of 2021, and will start his Senior season in a month or so when football season starts. But wait, it gets more complicated…..

The NCAA granted all student athletes an extra year of eligibility for the Covid season of 2020. That season didn’t count towards anyone’s eligibility - including the spring season of FCS games in spring.

So essentially, they’re both correct. A lot of student athletes may be Seniors in terms of academics, but Juniors in terms of eligibility.
Good break down - very confusing - but makes sense.

It sucks seeing him go down this early, but some team is going to get Ibrahim at a good value in the 2021 draft due to the injury history and the devalue of rbs in the draft in general. I could see him going late day 2 or early day 3 in the draft.

This kid Jaylen Warren for Oklahoma State is unbelievable, protecting the QB delivering blows on linebackers, and running like a whirlwind.

Back
Top Bottom