2022 Running Backs (Underclassman) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Running Backs (Underclassman)

Went and watched film on him after your assessment. Seems to want more to run by people that ran through. Can do that some at the college level with grade speed but unless you're elite, won't happen in the NFL.

I'd say his ability to make people miss is pretty elite. Dude is ridiculously quick, and he's excellent at threatening the backside.

Kyren Williams is the same type of back we have from a size standpoint, he’s just more talented than anyone we have imo.

Tough kid man, runs patient yet hard, has real nice speed and is very good in short areas with his technique thru his agility, hi level yac production after first contact or simply just making a guy miss who’s in his way.Fights for every inch and does have excellent core strength for his size….team captain

Hands and route running are next level for a running back.

Wicked stiff arm..

A big plus is the dude knows how to absorb contact.Just has that knack.

Flexed out potential.

Returner potential, has good instincts agiiity and speed.

Captain

Looks like a mid 2nd to high 3rd

Kenneth Walker is a just a natural running back, has all the shake and bake of a Kyren Williams but stronger more fluid as his instincts are evident when he’s reading his lines keys.I don’t see negative hesitation like ive been reading from some analysts, just sporadic well timed patience..lacks the top speed you want in an ideal package. But he ain’t slow.

I know he had only about a dozen catches, most of them into his body on screens and flat routes.

So I’ll wait personally to rank him until after the combine when I can see how natural his hands are in drills.

Breece Hall..

Bigger back here with deceptiveness built into his style.

even though he's bigger at 220 has nice change of direction skills, good jump cut ability, spin moves built into his repertoire.

Has nice hands out of the backfield.

incredible nose for the endzone and short yardage situations.

lacks top end speed but once again not slow, probably a low 4.5 guy..maybe faster.

workhorse, power, 3 down back with some elusiveness built into a pro back body.

Vision is good, patience is good, know's when to explode thru a hole and has the athletic ability to make a move to avoid the first contact, follows his blockers well, looks like a solid player who can handle the workload and responsibilities of being a three down back.

isiah spiller has talent and size but right now in his career he's got to learn and start to go north and south more imo, so many cuts, he cuts his way upfield.Long legged player where you must account for how much self generated space will disappear when you are dealing with bigger, stronger, faster at the next level.

have to do that will all college rb's, spiller's space might get ate up a bit more.

So @Pachyderm_Wave who are the fullbacks in this draft?

I used to evaluate the FB position and list them in my RB threads back when teams actually used them. The position had already gone mostly extinct in college football 10 years ago, but you could at least find a few teams with offenses that used them.

Now it’s not even worth the time. A couple of B1G and Big-12 teams are about the only teams that even use a FB anymore, and Oklahoma doesn’t use one in the traditional sense.

Although I think a kid like Connor Heyward might get a look at FB in the NFL. Has the body type, but he’s much more than a FB. Maybe Jeremiah Hall from Oklahoma.

They’re both more of an H-back type than a true FB. Meaning you can move them around lined up off the LOS to execute ‘moving’ blocks that an offset TE would execute. As opposed to just lead isolation blocks at the POA that you think of with traditional FB’s.

Other than Heyward and Hall, I haven’t evaluated any FB’s. They’re just not part of college offenses anymore outside of a few random teams here and there.

I used to evaluate the FB position and list them in my RB threads back when teams actually used them. The position had already gone mostly extinct in college football 10 years ago, but you could at least find a few teams with offenses that used them.

Now it’s not even worth the time. A couple of B1G and Big-12 teams are about the only teams that even use a FB anymore, and Oklahoma doesn’t use one in the traditional sense.

Although I think a kid like Connor Heyward might get a look at FB in the NFL. Has the body type, but he’s much more than a FB. Maybe Jeremiah Hall from Oklahoma.

They’re both more of an H-back type than a true FB. Meaning you can move them around lined up off the LOS to execute ‘moving’ blocks that an offset TE would execute. As opposed to just lead isolation blocks at the POA that you think of with traditional FB’s.

Other than Heyward and Hall, I haven’t evaluated any FB’s. They’re just not part of college offenses anymore outside of a few random teams here and there.
Heyward could be interesting and don't know much about Hall. Also might look at Buchanan from Army

Seems like the McDaniel scheme prioritizes blazing speed. Excited to see who meets that threshold next week. My eyes will be on Jerome Ford (among others, obviously).

Any love for Snoop Connor? Looks explosive once he hits the whole. 4.59 40 222 lbs, stout and wide looks really hard to bring down.

Cam'Ron Harris looks like a steal too. Knee injury kept him out of the combine, but maybe he'll have a pro day. Big and fast as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom