2022 Top 100 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Top 100

Kinda wild given all the hype, but of the Top Safeties, Hamilton has the murkiest projection. Cine, Hill, Pitre, and Brisker require far less imagination.

For people particularly high on Hamilton (some still view him as the best player in the class), I'd ask, 1) what are his special traits? 2) how does his size help him in the NFL? He's not a particularly valuable box Safety, because he can't lock-down in man coverage, doesn't knife through gaps, or blitz particularly well. So, if the plan is to play him deep, obv the length helps some on contested balls, but how much is that worth big picture? He's not going to be a Earl Thomas or Ed Reed, and he's not going to be a Honey Badger or Derwin James.

If he ran 4.6 40, I think for his size he is exceptionally athletic, and physical, and close to first round, I have him ranked as second round value because I prefer fast safeties and somewhat interchangeable safeties from free to strong. But some see Hamilton as Kam Chancellor type strong safety. I would not roll the dice in the first round, just my preference, but he is athletic and physical for his frame to be near the top of the class for safeties. I have Nick Cross as the only first round safety, free or strong.

Although it was intended for this to be my last year providing positional draft rankings, I’m around 85% complete with my 2023 pre-season draft rankings that are intended for elsewhere.

However, I’ll go ahead and put ‘em here after the draft for everyone since Miami currently owns two 1st round picks next year and traded away a lot of their early 2022 draft capital.

A couple have a chance to be Hall of Famers based off early impressions.

I’ve enjoyed bringing this to you for nearly a decade and a half.

Ol’ Slimm is going to ride with you boys one last time. You can thank Mayor Grier.

Okay I gotta know who the potential HOF players are. One has to be Will Anderson but I’m curious as who the other might be.

Micah Mcfadden looks like the most instinctual LB of the group. Would he fit our scheme, or is he a Tampa 2 type LB?

Back
Top Bottom