2022 Wide Receivers (Seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Wide Receivers (Seniors)

Anyone take a look at Christian Watson out of NDSU?

Body catcher and only runs one route outside of an occasional bubble screen. Go routes, bubble screens and reverses are about the extent of what he has on film. Average blocker.

However, has incredible straight line speed for his size and just runs by those FCS DB’s. Has some ability to wiggle and cut too. Not good at contested catch situations, but doesn’t have to make many because of the one route he runs - and he’s usually 10 yards past the DB when the ball arrives.

Also has kick return ability.

He’s a kid that I needed to see in the Senior Bowl setting to find out where he’s really at in his route running, and if he can demonstrate the ability to make consistent contested catches against better DB’s.

Reminds me a lot of Marquez Valdez-Scantling coming out of USF 5 or 6 years ago.

Should be a 3rd or 4th receiver that catches 30-40 balls a year in the NFL, but they’ll usually be big ones because of the size/straightline speed combo and being such a good vertical threat.

I would have Christian Watson at #1

He’s definitely in the mix. I was impressed with his week at the Senior Bowl.

He’s kind of a unicorn among the Senior crop of receivers because he’s the most unique blend of size and speed. Just a terrific vertical threat.

I think he got better and improved on some things this week that were concerns on his NDSU tape I watched.

He’s definitely in the mix. I was impressed with his week at the Senior Bowl.

He’s kind of a unicorn among the Senior crop of receivers because he’s the most unique blend of size and speed. Just a terrific vertical threat.

I think he got better and improved on some things this week that were concerns on his NDSU tape I watched.
He passes the eyeball test . I’m not big with all the details like you but that guy has some special talent.

2 smaller school guys not listed, but wanted to see what opinions are out there about them.

Jequez Ezzard - Sam Houston (5'9" 190)

Dareke Young - Lenoir Rhyne (6'2" 220)

2 smaller school guys not listed, but wanted to see what opinions are out there about them.

Wasn’t impressed with Young at all.

Ezzard is ok, but just an undersized slot receiver which are a dime a dozen in this class. He’s one of about 20 just like him. Take your pick.

Low production, both guys. Im not a fan. I like their build for the NFL, but that's about it.

Wasn’t impressed with Young at all.

Ezzard is ok, but just an undersized slot receiver which are a dime a dozen in this class. He’s one of about 20 just like him. Take your pick.
Young caught my attention because of his size and athleticism, but wasn't sure what he looks like on tape.

Ezzard is a guy I thought might be available in the later rounds. More of a kick/punt return guy who is depth at slot. Not a fan of Waddle and Holland usage on returns

To me, all these receivers outside of the top guys, Jameson, and Burks, and Bell and a few others, they are all late day 3 for me. They need to run the 40 at the combine, that's another thing.
At NFLPA, Dai'Jean Dixon stood out. Bo Melton made himself draftable. And I like Khalili Shakir out of Boise. But to me all those guys are day 3 if not late day 3.

Any thoughts on Emeka Emezie?

I like him a lot as you can tell from where I have him ranked. One of the most consistent receivers in college football down after down over his career. Terrific hands.

Led NC State in receiving the past 3 years, and didn’t drop a single pass in 2020.

What sticks out to me is his physicality - extremely physical at the top of his route. Just bullies DB’s.

My questions about him are more of the separation variety and curious to see exactly what caliber of athlete he is at the NFL combine. Good football player and runs terrific routes.

Reminds me a little bit of Michael Gallup. Emezie is just bigger and stronger.

I like him a lot as you can tell from where I have him ranked. One of the most consistent receivers in college football down after down over his career. Terrific hands.

Led NC State in receiving the past 3 years, and didn’t drop a single pass in 2020.

What sticks out to me is his physicality - extremely physical at the top of his route. Just bullies DB’s.

My questions about him are more of the separation variety and curious to see exactly what caliber of athlete he is at the NFL combine. Good football player and runs terrific routes.

Reminds me a little bit of Michael Gallup. Emezie is just bigger and stronger.

I noticed a lot of 50-50 throws to him, but is that all he really is? I agree that his routes look very polished, and his hands look great. What surprised me was his YAC ability on the slants and intermediate routes. If we move on from DVP, I can see this guy taking on a similar role for us.

Also, Jahan Dotson looks really smooth. I keep seeing him mocked around our pick and wouldn't mind that one bit.

The more WRs I look into, it just makes me want to cut or trade everyone but Waddle and start over. Hell, if we can get a pick for DVP, maybe another comp pick somewhere, I'd draft 3 wrs this year.

Back
Top Bottom