1. Treylon Burks / Arkansas / 6'2”, 225

2. Jameson Williams / Alabama / 6’1”, 179

3. Garrett Wilson / Ohio St. / 6'0", 183

4. Drake London / USC / 6'4”, 219

5. George Pickens / Georgia / 6'3", 195

6. David Bell / Purdue / 6'1", 212

7. Justyn Ross / Clemson / 6'4", 205

8. Erik Ezukanma / Texas Tech / 6'2", 209

9. Skyy Moore / W. Michigan / 5'10", 195 (s/r)

10. John Metchie / Alabama / 5’11", 187

11. Jalen Nailor / Michigan St. / 5’11", 186 (s/r)

12. Kevin Austin Jr. / Notre Dame / 6’2”, 200

13. Wan'Dale Robinson / Kentucky / 5'8", 178
(s/r)

14. Devon Williams / Oregon / 6'5", 210

15. Kyle Phillips / UCLA / 5’11”, 186 (s/r)

16. Jerreth Sterns / W. Kentucky / 5’7”, 183 (s/r)

17. Tyler Snead / E. Carolina / 5'7", 170 (s/r)

18. Slade Bolden / Alabama / 5'11", 193 (s/r)

Last edited:
I want to talk with you for a minute about Treylon Burks.

His nickname is A.K. Browncalf. He's what would happen if A.J. Brown and D.K. Metcalf had a baby. Kid is a complete freak show physical talent.

At 6'3", 230 pounds - he's a dangerous punt returner. That's how unique of a talent he is. However, what's even more unique is the way he fields punts. His hands are so big and so strong that he fields punts by catching the ball with his hands over his head to grab it at it's highest point. I've never seen it before and I'm certain other coaches and scouts have never seen it before.

I still haven't gotten to the most interesting part. I'm gonna tell you why he's my type of kid....

Treylon Burks goes out in the woods and hunts wild hogs - with a knife. That's how badass he is.

Now that's my kinda kid.

He's just a country boy that loves to hunt and fish. On SEC road trips, he just likes to relax in his hotel room and watch westerns. I want you to imagine the most backwoods, trotline checking, catfish handgrabbing, gator wrasslin', deer skinning, coon dog dipping, country bumpkin you can think of (Yes BigNastyFish - right there with me) and then realize that person is a wide receiver for Arkansas.

And a soon to be 1st round pick.

His nickname is A.K. Browncalf. He's what would happen if A.J. Brown and D.K. Metcalf had a baby. Kid is a complete freak show physical talent.

At 6'3", 230 pounds - he's a dangerous punt returner. That's how unique of a talent he is. However, what's even more unique is the way he fields punts. His hands are so big and so strong that he fields punts by catching the ball with his hands over his head to grab it at it's highest point. I've never seen it before and I'm certain other coaches and scouts have never seen it before.

I still haven't gotten to the most interesting part. I'm gonna tell you why he's my type of kid....

Treylon Burks goes out in the woods and hunts wild hogs - with a knife. That's how badass he is.

Now that's my kinda kid.

He's just a country boy that loves to hunt and fish. On SEC road trips, he just likes to relax in his hotel room and watch westerns. I want you to imagine the most backwoods, trotline checking, catfish handgrabbing, gator wrasslin', deer skinning, coon dog dipping, country bumpkin you can think of (Yes BigNastyFish - right there with me) and then realize that person is a wide receiver for Arkansas.

Awesome like a Possum!

Dude would love the everglades biting the heads off 10ft pythons!

I reckon I'll put him on my wish list!

Also want to talk with you a minute about George Pickens. He tore his ACL a few weeks ago in spring practice and has that to deal with - talent wise he belongs right up there at the top.

The main problem with this kid is that he's an immature head case, and he comes by it honest. I evaluated his dad and watched him play for Tennessee and go on to play for the Bengals in the early 90's. His dad is Carl Pickens. He's been arrested for roughing up his wife in recent years, and is the reason teams put clauses in contracts for players now saying they can't publicly speak negatively about the organization, or else be required to forfeit signing bonus money - known as the Carl Pickens Clause.

Most people realize by now that I'm very involved in high school football and every Friday night during football season I'm somewhere in Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida or South Carolina at a high school football game. I watched George Pickens several times here for Hoover. Despite his talent, Saban literally stopped recruiting the kid early in the process because he saw what was coming down the road, and likely wasn't going to qualify academically anyway. So he committed to Auburn. Then flipped to Georgia at the last minute on signing day.

All he's done is get suspended for games for violation of team rules, getting thrown out of games for fighting on the field and getting suspended, and hurt his team with penalty after penalty. He even got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty while sitting on the bench while his defense was out on the field against Tennessee by spraying Jarrett Guarantano in the face with his water bottle when Guarantano scrambled out of bounds on a play and it just happened to be right in front of him. It's just one thing after another.

He's always arguing and fighting with DB's because he lets them get in his head. He's very immature and lacks self control. He's a loose cannon - a walking, talking, breathing penalty waiting to happen.

There's no need for teams to do any deep digging on his character. He is what he is and there's no mystery to it. He's always going to be this way. Do with it what you will, because he's as talented as any receiver in the country.

His best comparison is Charles Rogers both on and off the field. Lord willing the ending for him won't be anywhere near as tragic as it was for Rogers who we lost way too young a couple of years ago at the young age of 38.

Get it together kid. There's a bright future ahead of you if you do.

Last edited:
Slimm, is the 2022 reciever class as strong as the past 2 classes? Is there any depth?
They are going to have a hard time living up to the last two classes but it is obvious that the best HS athletes are steering themselves to the WR position.

Couple that with all the 7 on 7 they play and you have this explosion of talented pass catchers and throwers.

Last edited:

Now that's my kinda kid.

They should have gone with DJ Browncalf although I guess the AK 47 reference works too.

Also want to talk with you a minute about George Pickens. He tore his ACL a few weeks ago in spring practice and has that to deal with - talent wise he belongs right up there at the top.

The main problem with this kid is that he's an immature head case, and he comes by it honest. I evaluated his dad and watched him play for Tennessee and go on to play for the Bengals in the early 90's. His dad is Carl Pickens. He's been arrested for roughing up his wife in recent years, and is the reason teams put clauses in contracts for players now saying they can't publicly speak negatively about the organization, or else be required to forfeit signing bonus money - known as the Carl Pickens Clause.

Most people realize by now that I'm very involved in high school football and every Friday night during football season I'm somewhere in Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida or South Carolina at a high school football game. I watched George Pickens several times here for Hoover. Despite his talent, Saban literally stopped recruiting the kid early in the process because he saw what was coming down the road, and likely wasn't going to qualify academically anyway. So he committed to Auburn. Then flipped to Georgia at the last minute on signing day.

All he's done is get suspended for games for violation of team rules, getting thrown out of games for fighting on the field and getting suspended, and hurt his team with penalty after penalty. He even got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty while sitting on the bench while his defense was out on the field against Tennessee by spraying Jarrett Guarantano in the face with his water bottle when Guarantano scrambled out of bounds on a play and it just happened to be right in front of him. It's just one thing after another.

He's always arguing and fighting with DB's because he lets them get in his head. He's very immature and lacks self control. He's a loose cannon - a walking, talking, breathing penalty waiting to happen.

There's no need for teams to do any deep digging on his character. He is what he is and there's no mystery to it. He's always going to be this way. Do with it what you will, because he's as talented as any receiver in the country.

His best comparison is Charles Rogers both on and off the field. Lord willing the ending for him won't be anywhere near as tragic as it was for Rogers who we lost way too young a couple of years ago at the young age of 38.

Get it together kid. There's a bright future ahead of you if you do.
Great player, don’t want him

My early exclusive interest list

1st round value watchlist
Justyn Ross**
David Bell
Treylon Burks
CJ Johnson

Day 2 values watchlist
Drake London
Sam Pinckney

Back
Top Bottom