2022 Wide Receivers (Underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Wide Receivers (Underclassman)

Burks and Wilson stand out to me. Haven't picked these guys apart like you have, but they have skillsets that translate cleanest to the NFL imo. The way he moves, Burks makes me think of a bigger, faster Courtland Sutton - also very country.

Burks is built like a truck! This guy looks good.....really really good!

Burks and Wilson stand out to me. Haven't picked these guys apart like you have, but they have skillsets that translate cleanest to the NFL imo. The way he moves, Burks makes me think of a bigger, faster Courtland Sutton - also very country.
Garrett Wilson is a dawg. I’ve seen him listed bigger than the 6’0 193. However I wouldn’t be surprised if he measures even smaller than that.

not that I’m concerned by it, but hes smaller than he looks. I’ve seen him listed at 6’1 200 elsewhere and I don’t think that’s accurate

Slimm, how would you tier the top guys. Feels like the Top 4 belong in the Top 20 conversation, and Williams has a case, given his dynamic skillset.

This looks to be a poor underclassmen class. Right now only Burks and Garrett Wilson are of interest, The rest look to be day 3 at best.

I'm looking for receivers with 50+ catches in each of the last two seasons and around 10 TDs in each season.

Jaquarii Roberson, WF, Jr. 6-1 182
2020: 62, 926, 8TD 9 games
2021: 57, 953, 8TD 11 games

Zakhari Franklin, UTSA, Jr. 6-1 185

2020: 49, 694, 7 TD, 10 games
2021: 64, 847, 10 TD, 10 games

Who's got the speed?

Jameson Williams.

Only 3 players have hit 23 MPH on the catapult system at Alabama - Ruggs, Waddle, Williams.

Jameson Williams moves at a different speed than anybody else on the field the same way Waddle and Ruggs did. Except Williams is a better receiver than Ruggs.

Only issue with Williams is his hands are inconsistent. Likes to let the ball into his body and drops 1 or 2 passes every game that hit him right in the chest.

Reminds me a lot of Darrius Heyward-Bey coming out of Maryland.

Williams has that pure burner speed - but Burks has speed too. Julio Jones/DK Metcalf type freak show of size and speed.

Burks is the only WR in the class that doesn’t have a weakness on or off the field. Can line up anywhere and play all the WR positions.

I want more speed on the team. That and a route technician. I think we double dip this year at WR. Dont care if they're 6-3 220 50/50 guys, been there done that. I think we go with what the Patriots did when they had Gronk after Hernandez- shifty speed guys and polished route runners, with Gesicki in the seams.

Ross will be a good 4th round pick. Dude started his career like a bandit and was well on his way to a top 15 selection.

He's lucky to even be playing ball again with the neck surgery he had.

I'd take a flyer on him. He's still absurdly talented.

Slimm, how do you like Bell for Tua and as a complement to Waddle? Feel like he's somewhere between Allen Robinson and Nuke Hopkins in style of play, and giving Tua a tough, reliable target, with big-play ability in his own right, would allow Miami to open up its usage of Waddle. Of course, OL also has to improve for Miami to ever really take advantage of his big-play ability, but I think Bell could slip out of the 1st with Williams' ascension, which would give Miami a chance to address OT or C with the SF pick.

Obv a lot of speculation.

Back
Top Bottom