2023 Cornerback (Senior) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 Cornerback (Senior)

A couple of these kids like Mekhi Garner, Tyrique Stevenson, and Kelee Ringo are terrific players, but bigger/stockier and a hair stiff in the hips for cornerback.

Stevenson and Ringo run very well, just a hair stiff. Garner runs average and hits like a safety. I’ve seen him deliver some bone jarring hits. Stevenson also to a lesser extent.

All three may be asked to transition to safety due to hip tightness. Just depends on the scheme.

We have Stiff Howard, Hobbled Jones, and Kader Kohou. We'd be lucky to have to any of those play corner for us, to have some of those ferraris in the draft.
But yes, I see it the same way. Mekhi and Kelee are excellent corners, but in a safety body. Mekhi specifically should not play corner period in the NFL, but would be a heck of safety. That's an easy decision. Kelee can play both, but should play safety.
Stevenson is fine at corner, he does not have a safety body, he is corner, but a more robust corner.
Terrell Smith MIN is another one who should not play corner but safety.

Looks like Witherspoon won't test for his Pro Day and will instead hold a workout in April. Lot of pressure on that workout. Feels like he won't test well, and in a draft with a lot of high-end athletes, he'll probably go later than people have him projected.

He reminds me some of Corn Elder - who I loved, but he isn't exactly setting the league on fire.

A couple of these kids like Mekhi Garner, Tyrique Stevenson, and Kelee Ringo are terrific players, but bigger/stockier and a hair stiff in the hips for cornerback.

Stevenson and Ringo run very well, just a hair stiff. Garner runs average and hits like a safety. I’ve seen him deliver some bone jarring hits. Stevenson also to a lesser extent.

All three may be asked to transition to safety due to hip tightness. Just depends on the scheme.

There have been Fangio D's where I think that kind of CB excels - generally a mix of Cover 4, 6, 2, and 3 in SF and CHI. He played a lot more man in Denver, but CB was probably the strength of the team, and they had guys who thrived in man.

Apparently he has some new ideas, so it'll be interesting to see the type of CB Miami targets. Doubt Ringo is there when they drafted, but Garner is an interesting value pick. Agree that he can play.

Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson is small but his Combine workout was very strong. He looks to be a good fit for Fangio's zone scheme.

I think he could be had in R3.

Back
Top Bottom