2023 draft.....who you like? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 draft.....who you like?

I agree that we will see multiple RB's go in Round 2 but unless Gibbs is there I would not consider RB that early and i don't think the team will either.
I like Tucker possibly in that range for running back. Miami is projected in the 50 range.

It could also be a trade up option to get a corner. I still think that's the number one target. Could be a talented cb near the top of round 2.

With the addition of Jeff Wilson Jr I would think RB will not be a target with the 2nd or 3rd round picks Miami has to spend.

CB and LB would be the needs on D with LB being the bigger immediate concern but the Fins do need to prepare for life with X and Jones down the road.

I would always entertain a talented DL player should he be there needs be damned.

Offensively I would like to find a proper C so Williams can return to LG, or a legit LG if Williams plays well enough to keep him at C.

A TE who fits what McDaniel wants would be nice in the R 2-3 area, Dalton Kincaid and Darnell Washington could be there late R 2. Luke Musgrave is out for the year with a knee injury but he looked legit before he went down.He could be a value/gamble pick much like Garret Williams CB from Syracuse.
Good call on Musgrave.

Time to turn the page on draft talk and get into 2023.

Are you enamored with anyone yet?

Michael Mayer the TE they call baby Gronk? Ya i see it.
Bijan Robinson maybe? The complete RB from Texas?
Eli Ricks to replace Byron Jones (I like this for sure).

We've finally reached the point where we finally have a solid roster and can try and pinpoint and eliminate our remaining needs.

I think we all suspect at least one more top OL prospect is needed and will be added next year. Probably a RT. Center might still be a need but it appears to be a draft stocked with 2nd-4th round center prospects. Like a lot of prospects in that cluster. I don't expect Center to be on the radar in the first round without a Linderbaum caliber prospect.

RB - Jahmyr Gibbs could sneak into the first round with the transfer to Alabama. Explosive as it gets.
RB - Bijan Robinson, we'd be lucky to add him. Special. It's a shame he didn't go to a football school.
RB - Devon Achane, love him too.

The OT from Northwestern looks pretty impressive.
Georgia is loaded with defensive talent again.
Alabama and Ohio State appear to be fielding the same big number of prospects again. Not a fan of the transfer portal.

On defense I'll be paying the closest attention to corners this year, on defense anyway, followed by LB's. I suspect Byron Jones could be on the chopping block next year. I don't think enough people are thinking along those lines but I certainly am. He could have a solid year considering the talent around him. I just need more bang for my buck.

I was talking RB's in the main forum and couldn't help extend that conversation into here. We have three new veterans each of which are substantially better than what we've trotted onto the field the last 3-4 years. But there are always question marks with those types of guys.

Everything I say and think is with the thought that Tua will reach new heights this year and the future will clearly revolve around him.
This post aged well.
—Tua improved
—Jones departure
—Achane
—A corner was first pick
—A TE, OL were picked

This post aged well.
—Tua improved
—Jones departure
—Achane
—A corner was first pick
—A TE, OL were picked

Regardless of who we pick, I’ll root for the player because I’m a homer at the end of the day.

But ya I was stoked with the outcome of this draft. When that first ended, all I could think about was Joey Porter and Cam Smith. Jalen Ramsey wasn’t enough for me. Can’t tell you how pumped I am that someone else agreed with me on that weakness and what flipping the script on that position can do for the entire team.

Bummed Eli Ricks didn’t have a better 2022. I thought he was in talented group but now I’m hoping he sucks, can’t root for the local team. I thought he had a great physical make up.

I rooted for Chad Henne, despite going to his rival HS and being a die hard Buckeyes fan.

I rooted for Pat White even though I wanted bad things to happen to Bill Parcells as soon as that pick was announced.

I’ll root for any Dolphin regardless, even Ryan Fitzpatrick if your in that Aqua and Orange uni. Well, except for DB12.

Edit: I just noticed Aqua and Orange are automatically capitalized on FH. Brilliant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom