2023 draft.....who you like? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 draft.....who you like?

You will have to get up into the top 5 for Anderson, maybe as high as #2.

I don' t see Miami paying that price and having anything left to get Robinson too.

The unknowns going into the season.
How McDaniel performs.
Same with our line.
Tua needs to show he can play at a high level against the Bills and other top teams.
Q.B might well be high on our list.

Unless Tua picks up a significant injury i can't see him performing to the level where Miami will be looking for a QB in the Draft.

Broderick Jones is going to blow up this year.

Not sure where the picks will fall but I’d love a dominant inside LB and a great RB if the picks are later. Of course the smart move would probably be get the best OL and DL available in round one. I haven’t spent much time on next years class except for QB’s. I’m hoping QB isn’t a need but if it is I’ll be ready. 😂

Will Anderson will be the first non QB off the board so you will need to be picking Top 3 for him.

You will have to get up into the top 5 for Anderson, maybe as high as #2.

And we’ll have a top 3 pick when SF crumbles this season. Just like HOU did a couple years ago ;)

Trade up for both. It's not THAT hard.

Most everyone here HATED the trade up to #3 for Dion Jordan.

But I have a feeling the same move for Anderson would be received a bit differently……

Will Anderson is the next Derrick Thomas....

Also,Keep a eye out on a linebacker name Dallas Turner at Bama...Just a soph. right now...but watch out!!!

And we’ll have a top 3 pick when SF crumbles this season. Just like HOU did a couple years ago ;)

Most everyone here HATED the trade up to #3 for Dion Jordan.

But I have a feeling the same move for Anderson would be received a bit differently……

It was great value, just the wrong selection. The trade up itself was a score. If we ended up with the 12th pick (via SF of course) and could trade up to No.3 with a second round pick.......I'd do it in a heartbeat. That wouldn't happen in the 2023 draft though because of the QB's. The 2013 draft was probably the worst talent pool this century. 1. Eric Fisher, 2. Luke Joeckel, we know who went third obviously and see below for discussion on the 4th pick. But do we know who went 75th overall in 2013?..........Terron Armstead.

I was watching that draft in a room full of Eagles fans (like I do every other draft) and as soon as we traded up just in front of them, I stood up and declared the pick was going to be Lane Johnson and that the eagles would subsequently get Chip Kelly's guy, Dion Jordan at 4. Well Lane Johnson is still a pro bowl RT today and probably the best RT in the NFL over the last two decades, unless I'm just not recalling someone better. It wasn't all great with LJ as he's dealt with injuries and an entire year's suspension for PED's which softened that blow.

Don't get me wrong, I value pass rushers a lot and talked myself into getting behind Dion Jordan's selection. He looked the part physically and obviously was raw. You can't measure desire though and he had none.

But ya it stings a little knowing we STILL need a RT and he's STILL the best one out there. Although at the salary he's commanded since his extension it doesn't hurt that much knowing your not paying him in gold bars. Outside of Suh and QB's, I believe he was one of the first to break the $20M a year threshold.

When they traded up to #3 I was sure if was for Lane Johnson.

Yes they need OL help back then sound familiar?

Hell, Johnson would probably still be playing for the Fins.................... :bang:

This is the kid your Dolphins will be interested in along the offensive line next year in the draft. Watch the reach block Peter Skoronski gets on the 2T here in this clip vs. Nebraska to seal the backside for OZ.

You see the false step at the snap with his left foot where his weight goes straight out towards his toes, but easily correctable with technique. There's not a lot of guys that move like this.

I do like that technique looks better than his feet. Can he play right tackle though? He doesn’t have left tackle pro feet and foot quickness. Miami shouldn’t move Robert hunt at right guard and with armstead it’s either right tackle or left guard.

The team should have just paid laell Collins with all that money but grier blows I digress

if we drafted Keaton Mitchell I might cream myself, the 22.6 mph he was clocked at in the app state game last year would tie for 5th fastest in the nfl over the last few years.

The combine should be very nice to him come draft time

This is the kid your Dolphins will be interested in along the offensive line next year in the draft. Watch the reach block Peter Skoronski gets on the 2T here in this clip vs. Nebraska to seal the backside for OZ.

You see the false step at the snap with his left foot where his weight goes straight out towards his toes, but easily correctable with technique. There's not a lot of guys that move like this.

Unless the Fins really disappoint they will probably have to trade up to get him.

I would be fine with them doing that as Skoronski has the movement skills this coaching staff covets for sure.

Back
Top Bottom