2023 draft.....who you like? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 draft.....who you like?

We will see just how much bad coaching had to do with the slow progress of guys like jackson and Eichenberg.

It is clear that the Fins have an OL staff that actually knows what it is doing now, but they sure didn't the last few years.

I am not sure how Williams at C is going to play out but if they can get close to their Draft value at LG and Rt from Eich and AJ they will be in pretty good shape.

Offensive line is the most difficult unit to get right and get the right coach in football - at all levels. Due to the immense number of variables in technique, identification, synchronization and attitude.

In the NFL particularly, fans tend to think that poor offensive line play in the preseason doesn’t matter because the coach is suddenly going to scheme his way out of it once real bullets are flying. Despite the fact they see this is not the case year after year.

If coaches thought they could scheme and play call their way around it - there would be no need to practice. No need to evaluate players.

Scheming and play calling your way around a weakness means you’re taking more things OUT of your playbook. Not reinventing football with genius play calls never seen before.

That’s why coaches believe everything starts at the line of scrimmage on both sides. It determines what they’re allowed to practice and install.

This is the kid your Dolphins will be interested in along the offensive line next year in the draft. Watch the reach block Peter Skoronski gets on the 2T here in this clip vs. Nebraska to seal the backside for OZ.

You see the false step at the snap with his left foot where his weight goes straight out towards his toes, but easily correctable with technique. There's not a lot of guys that move like this.

This kid was a monster today against Nebraska - from Dublin, Ireland.

That ass kickin’ is going to smart for the whole plane ride back across the Atlantic Ocean.

I think Skoronski will be out of the Fins reach unless Trey Lance really sh*ts the bed.

If only they had 2 1st rounders.................

I think Skoronski will be out of the Fins reach unless Trey Lance really sh*ts the bed.

If only they had 2 1st rounders.................

I’m not sure if I subscribe to that or not. I don’t think he projects as a tackle in NFL from my view. He doesn’t really have the length, and his kick slide isn’t good enough, which causes him to have to open up and chase against speed rushers.

Secondly, he has a weak anchor against power in true vertical pass sets. He gets pushed back and has to power step 2 or even 3 times to finally absorb the speed to power conversion.

However, I think he projects as a day 1 starter at Left Guard and a 12 year pro.

He doesn’t really execute any highlight blocks or pancakes, he’s just so fundamentally sound with his technique, hand placement. and leg drive. He can get to any spot, any angle, and steer a guy anywhere he wants them to go. His hand placement and footwork is that good.

He’s masterful at controlling the exact amount of hip and chest gap between himself and his man. He’s never on the ground because he has such exceptional balance and coordination.

To me he looks a lot like Logan Mankins at Fresno St. who also played left tackle his entire career in college, but lasted until the end of the 1st round because he projected better inside.

Skoronski won’t need a lot of coaching or refinement. He’s going to be good early.

How is the OT class looking to you if Skoronski projects inside?

Broderick Jones and Paris Johnson are two high school OT's who are moving back to their natural position but playing at UGA and OH St means they will have to transition quickly.

Blake Freeland is a super tall guy and that is about all i know about him.

How about Zion Nelson at UM? Or Robert Scott at FSU?

Anton Harrison has a ton of experience but the word on him is a lack of play strength.

I have seem better play of of Austin Jackson at RT but I am not ready to pencil him in long term.

It still looks to me like CB and OT are the Fins biggest needs.

How is the OT class looking to you if Skoronski projects inside?

Broderick Jones and Paris Johnson are two high school OT's who are moving back to their natural position but playing at UGA and OH St means they will have to transition quickly.

Blake Freeland is a super tall guy and that is about all i know about him.

How about Zion Nelson at UM? Or Robert Scott at FSU?

Anton Harrison has a ton of experience but the word on him is a lack of play strength.

I have seem better play of of Austin Jackson at RT but I am not ready to pencil him in long term.

It still looks to me like CB and OT are the Fins biggest needs.

I don’t think the OT class looks all that good to me. I think Skoronski is the best player I’ve evaluated on film - because he’s so solid and has the fewest weaknesses. He’s the safest. But I’m just not convinced that’s his best position at the next level.

He can project there in some blocking schemes, but not most. He could be a top 10 pick or last until the latter portion of the 1st round. It really just depends on what some other players do this season. A few of ‘em you mentioned.

Broderick Jones played LT later in the season last year for Georgia, and they moved Salyer inside from LT to RG against Alabama in the national championship because that was ultimately his best fit going against Alabama’s front. They knew status quo wasn’t going to work again and had to try something to avoid a repeat of the SEC Championship.

I think Broderick Jones is going to be a good one. Had some excellent reps against the best edge in college football and has a great recruiting pedigree.

I think a dawg who could be a day 2 target is TE Darnell Washington. Believe he was PFF’s #2 ranked tight end last year behind Brock Bowers. Punishing blocker and will consistently get 3-4 extra yards of YAC cause he’ll run your ass over. Was nicked up last year and didn’t get a lot of targets, lots of mouths to feed, but his freshman year had flashes where he created more separation than you’d expect from a guy his size. This summer he’s had more buzz than anyone in our loaded TE room

With the outstanding Bowers and the addition of the once hyped Arik Gilbert, how much will Washington see the ball?

He could go into the Draft very underrated due to a lack of usage.

With the outstanding Bowers and the addition of the once hyped Arik Gilbert, how much will Washington see the ball?

He could go into the Draft very underrated due to a lack of usage.
Think a lack of usage is almost a foregone conclusion at this point. I was shocked he didn’t transfer (were a ton of rumors this spring he was looking at bama) so there may have been some promises made.

I think he’s got a floor on how far he can fall just because he is an absolute specimen. Could be travon walker like - doesn’t pop on the stat sheet but does a ton of things really well that don’t show up there and context can explain the limited stats

Think a lack of usage is almost a foregone conclusion at this point. I was shocked he didn’t transfer (were a ton of rumors this spring he was looking at bama) so there may have been some promises made.

I think he’s got a floor on how far he can fall just because he is an absolute specimen. Could be travon walker like - doesn’t pop on the stat sheet but does a ton of things really well that don’t show up there and context can explain the limited stats
I can't recall a team ever having such a talented group of TE's together.

This kid was a monster today against Nebraska - from Dublin, Ireland.

That ass kickin’ is going to smart for the whole plane ride back across the Atlantic Ocean.

Yeah I was gonna say he looked real good. Like the technique he plays with

Just don’t think he’s an nfl left tackle. But count me in on him. Kick inside

I can't recall a team ever having such a talented group of TE's together.
TE U (university of Miami) shockey, Olsen, Winslow all on the same squad, all nfl all pro at least once. Honorable mention jimmy graham.

Back
Top Bottom