2023 draft.....who you like? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 draft.....who you like?

Well Iā€™ve seen a lot of people talk about him in here, but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s just based off his freshman season, or theyā€™re just looking at mock drafts on the internet.

Because the reality is, thereā€™s a lot of questions there. Ricks has a lot to prove, but the skills to do it.

First, he only played half a season last year and then hurt his shoulder and was out for the season.

He lost a lot of weight at LSU during the time he was injured before transferring to Alabama.

When he got to Alabama, the first priority was putting weight back on him. I think he gained 14 pounds back by spring practice.

Secondly, then he got arrested in May driving through Mississippi. Got stopped for speeding doing 91 in a 70. Didnā€™t have any insurance on the vehicle, but made sure he had weed in the vehicle.

Not exactly a rocket scientist weā€™re dealing with here.

Lastly, he still hasnā€™t earned a starting job at Alabama yet. Heā€™s had trouble picking up the defense. And itā€™s time to play now. The season is here.

Ricks has a Travon Diggs body and skillset, but Iā€™m just not sure he has the noodle.

If I had a nickel for all the high school players Iā€™ve known that were talented enough to play at the next level, but didnā€™t because they were more interested in playing video games and smoking weed - Iā€™d have a lot of nickels.

I started Eli Ricks out at #8 among my Underclassman CBā€™s because I donā€™t trust him. He has to show me he can stay healthy, out of jail, and in the film room to learn Sabanā€™s defense.

If he does all those things, he can top the list.

TE U (university of Miami) shockey, Olsen, Winslow all on the same squad, all nfl all pro at least once. Honorable mention jimmy graham.
Olsen did not get to UM until 2003 when he redshirted. Shockey left UM after the 2001 season.

Winslow and Shockey were on the team at the same time but Winslow only played special teams that year so they were not on the field together.

Olsen did not get to UM until 2003 when he redshirted. Shockey left UM after the 2001 season.

Winslow and Shockey were on the team at the same time but Winslow only played special teams that year so they were not on the field together.

To be fair, you didn't specify they had to play on the field in the same year. You just said on the roster together, so Shockey & Winslow was a valid answer.

To be fair, you didn't specify they had to play on the field in the same year. You just said on the roster together, so Shockey & Winslow was a valid answer.
I agree, but this Georgia team is going to have 3 highly regarded TE's possibly on the field together but certainly playing in the same game.

I can't think of a team like that.

Had UM put Shockey and Winslow out in two TW sets a bunch and they both played to their college maximum level then that would have been better than what UGA will be able to do this year.

Unless Gilbert really bounces back strong.

Because Bowers is that good.

I'm big on WR Kayshon Boutte.

It's early, could be I just like saying the name...

Not seeing my posts brother. Been talking about him all summer.

He's soooooo smooooooth. The kid glides. He's got that blanket ability.

Mayer and Ricks are my top guys right now (that we have a realistic shot of drafting). Otherwise of course I'd love the Bama freak LB to replace AVG.

Ricks has a lot of work to do before he earns a starting job in Alabamaā€™s secondary. Saban has been rotating corners waiting on somebody to win jobs.

Against Utah St., Ricks got hit with the footwork and nearly fell down against WR Brian Cobbs. He was fortunate that the receiver ended up stumbling too downfield and the throw missed him. Otherwise it wouldā€™ve resulted in a big play.

Saban quickly pulled him again.

Didnā€™t see much action at all against Texas because he still canā€™t be trusted.

If the 49ers lose next week this thread is going to change drastically. With their schedule they could easily implode. Iā€™m going to dream drafting of Will Anderson until the 49ers win 5 games.

I won't be doing any of this here after this season, but I'll tell you who to keep an eye on next year at WR is Oronde Gadsden's son, Oronde Gadsden Jr. at Syracuse. He played for Patrick Surtain in high school at American Heritage - 6'5", 220 pounds and ran track.

He's not eligible for the draft this year as he's only a true sophomore, just keep an eye on him over the next couple of seasons.

I won't be doing any of this here after this season, but I'll tell you who to keep an eye on next year at WR is Oronde Gadsden's son, Oronde Gadsden Jr. at Syracuse. He played for Patrick Surtain in high school at American Heritage - 6'5", 220 pounds and ran track.

He's not eligible for the draft this year as he's only a true sophomore, just keep an eye on him over the next couple of seasons.

What's next? You going to mention Marvin Harrison's kid for 2024 too? Just so we can feel old and decrepit? ;)

Last edited:
I'm big on WR Kayshon Boutte.

It's early, could be I just like saying the name...
His demeanor on the field has been very poor so far.

Bad body language, possible bad attitude.

He bears watching going forward.

What's next? You going to mention Marvin Harrison's kid for 2024 too? Just so we can feel old and decrepit? ;)
I am a Louisville basketball fan going back to the early 80's.

Right now UofL is in a recruiting battle for Milt Wagner's GRANDSON! :oops:

Awesome wasnā€™t aware. Loved OG.

I actually set the Purdue-Syracuse game to record about an hour ago because I work til 2 on Saturdays. That may be the first game I watch tomorrow.

Iā€™m even more excited to watch it. Wanted to see the Syracuse RB.

Anyone on Purdue worth a look? My boy the Greek Freak had me watching a lot of Purdue ball the last two years but Iā€™m not aware of any other prospects of note.

Anyone on Purdue worth a look?

Yes. For quick reference you can do a quick Control+F search inside any of my draft threads stickied here and just type "Purdue" in the search box.

But the Center Gus Hartwig is an underrated player. The draftniks will begin talking about him after the season, but he's a player. Also the QB Aidan O'Connell is a nice Day 3 quarterback prospect for a team looking to develop a backup.

The RB Kobe Lewis hasn't gotten going yet since he's probably trying to get caught up on the offensive system after transferring over from C. Michigan, but he's another Day 3 type RB.

Kydran Jenkins at DE is a young player but has some NFL potential. Also TE Payne Durham and LB Jalen Graham.

My two highest graded Boilermakers are WR Charlie Jones and S Cam Allen. Jones transferred from Iowa and he's uncoverable from the slot, while also having kick/punt return ability on special teams. He reminds me a lot of Brandon Stokley coming out of UL-Lafayette years ago.

Cam Allen is a very experienced Safety with decent size and balls skills that played QB in high school. Takes good angles to the ball and is a smart player. He's played since he stepped foot on campus in West Lafayette after making the transition to DB. He'll make a roster in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom