2023 draft.....who you like? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 draft.....who you like?

And yet the guy who has been in the building for 20 years of that disappointment remains 🤦‍♂️

If I'm making the pick, I'm taking a pass rusher. Ingram is a rental, Phillips will always be a concussion risk, and Ogbah is a good, but not great player who is on what is basically a two year contract.

Add in the fact that Van Ginkle is on the last year of his contract and Seiler's only runs through 2023 and I'm expecting some turnover here.

I might take two.
That's what I would do depending on the talent available. I haven't delved into the 2023 draft much yet.

Will Anderson and Bijan Robinson to start. But unfortunately I'm not sure Miami will be drafting high enough for either.
Love Robinson, but I think Miami will continue to bargain hunt for running backs.

Anderson is someone I'd trade up for.

McDaniel surely shares the Shanahan idea about not taking RB's early.

As we stand right now, I think in order of need, its CB, RB, C, OT.
I generally agree. Pass rush could be a need as well, but I'm hopeful that Williams nails down the center spot for a few years. Miami's running back room looks a lot better on paper in 2022 than 2021. But an elite back could do wonders for this offense. Not sure the Dolphins will value that as highly as other teams.

Trade up for both. It's not THAT hard.

Anderson will go high, obviously. But at this point in our history our roster doesn't have many holes. If you can flip AVG for a guy like Anderson......you make the phone calls until Anderson is off the board.

So few holes on this roster, especially from a youth standpoint. We should be able to take more risks next year because of it.

Robinson would certainly be more attainable than Anderson but the point is the same. Attack the 2023 draft.
Good point. I agree with this philosophy, unless something goes very sour. If the offensive line doesn't improve significantly, Miami may have to add premium picks there.

But assuming players start to reach their potential all over the roster, the Dolphins should look to move up for elite talent if they can.

If the offensive line solidifies this year—and we have a couple of major question marks headed into camp—I’d be interested in a corner and edge guy early, and would still want a D lineman somewhere in the first few rounds. I’m not super excited about our depth on the D line or at corner.

If the offensive line solidifies this year—and we have a couple of major question marks headed into camp—I’d be interested in a corner and edge guy early, and would still want a D lineman somewhere in the first few rounds. I’m not super excited about our depth on the D line or at corner.

A lot of us praying for the Alabama kid Will Anderson jr., it’s just such a long shot given he might be the first non-QB selected. Immensely gifted and a natural fit as a 3-4 OLB……but also a bit of a pipe dream.

I’ve pegged the Jaguars as a possible trade partner (for Anderson) if they manage to end up at 3 or 4. Having just selected Walker and already having the other Josh Allen, they will be looking for offensive help for Trevor.

His new teammate, (LSU transfer) Eli Ricks is the CB I’m going to follow closest. He should be in the convo for a top 10 pick or just outside of that range. I keep saying the kid just glides when he moves. He makes a really tough position to play look easy.

We need Trey Lance to be a disaster as I’m already expecting one of our picks to be in the late 20s.

You have to hope that the young OL all improve and the Fins are set there so they can be really flexible in the next Draft.

I would love to target another explosive offensive weapon or pass rusher. And it looks like a good time to add a quality CB as X and Jones are very expensive. Hell, maybe Iggy will show more this year and the team will have an in house young CB ready to plug in when needed.

TE could be a target as well(probably not Round 1) if Gesicki does not fit what McDaniel wants or he prices his way off the team in FA.

But I think they will be using an early pick on the OL.

It is too early to play around with the draft simulators since we have no idea where the picks will be and the player ranking will look very different come draft time, but edge rusher and CB would be my early defensive focus, not due to need but because those are premium defensive positions who are hard to add to your team.

On offense as i said OL is probably need #1 and RB will certainly be intriguing in the late 1st early 2nd area. Robinson appears to be that rare RB worthy of a 1st rounder and while he is small and maybe not a Mcdaniel "type" fpr that reason, Achane's explosive speed would be an incredible addition to what the team has on offense now. Guys like Bigsby and the Tucker kid from Syracuse could be 2nd-3rd round targets as well, which might be more realistic.

I have always been a "don't draft RB's early" guy but I would be OK with Robinson late in R1.

Lucky for you that never happens.

Happens to every org. Nothing different or special about it with regard to MIAMI.

MIA was well run and successful for nearly 30 years while the likes New England wasn't. Now it's been the other way around for 20 years.

But very well may have started to revert back to how it was before.

with one less pick in the first round gonna be a CB me thinks
I think it will depend on how well the OL plays this year.

They may still need to find a RT or a C, although neither has to be addressed in R1.

Pass Rusher or CB are the Defensive positions I like to target in R1, as well as possibly a disruptive DT.

On Offense beyond the OL I am always looking to add more explosive playmakers and would consider RB LATE in R1(assuming SF has a good year).Bijan Robinson looks like a do everything impact back worthy of the late 1st Round.

TE might be a target but probably not in R1.

I think it will depend on how well the OL plays this year.

They may still need to find a RT or a C, although neither has to be addressed in R1.

Pass Rusher or CB are the Defensive positions I like to target in R1, as well as possibly a disruptive DT.

On Offense beyond the OL I am always looking to add more explosive playmakers and would consider RB LATE in R1(assuming SF has a good year).Bijan Robinson looks like a do everything impact back worthy of the late 1st Round.

TE might be a target but probably not in R1.

I don't know what your coaches are doing specifically to help remedy the high snap issues, but it's typically caused by a breakdown in the wrist. You have to maintain a firm wrist to avoid high snaps. You can't let the wrist break down and "flip".

It's only fixed by reps if the issue is diagnosed correctly. Otherwise, you're just ingraining the poor habit over and over again.

An accurate snap is obviously the most critical aspect in terms of executing the play. The QB has to receive an accurate snap, and it can't take too long to get there either. Even an accurate snap is a poor snap if it's weak, and throws off the timing.

A lot of QB's prefer that shotgun snap to be right on their dominant hip. Get a Center that can repeat that every time and the benefit is immeasurable.

Back
Top Bottom