2023 draft.....who you like? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 draft.....who you like?

It will be interesting to see how Williams looks on saturday night, assuming he is out there for long.

I have heard promising things about Eichenberg at LG so IF Williams can man the C spot it would give the Fins their most solid OL in a long time.

Austin Jackson is still a worry at RT of course but I am hoping improved coaching and some desperation on his part will improve his play...............he can't get worse, right?

It will be interesting to see how Williams looks on saturday night, assuming he is out there for long.

I have heard promising things about Eichenberg at LG so IF Williams can man the C spot it would give the Fins their most solid OL in a long time.

Austin Jackson is still a worry at RT of course but I am hoping improved coaching and some desperation on his part will improve his play...............he can't get worse, right?

They certainly can't be worse.

But like I've always said - just give me a healthy Tua and some receivers and I'll take my chances. I know exactly what I saw for 3 years at Alabama.

When Tua is dealing, everybody eats.

Miami finally got him some receivers.

They certainly can't be worse.

But like I've always said - just give me a healthy Tua and some receivers and I'll take my chances. I know exactly what I saw for 3 years at Alabama.

When Tua is dealing, everybody eats.

Miami finally got him some receivers.
It boggles my mind how much of the national media(and plenty of Fin Fans)does not appreciate the bad hand Tua was dealt in Miami.

He came in recovering from a devastating injury.
He had a HC who did not want him.
He had the worst OL in the League.
He had little in the way of offensive weapons, 2 years of Gesicki and one year of Waddle is about it.

Now he appears as healthy as he has been since the injury.
He has a HC who seems to want to get the best out of him.
He has an improved (we will see how much)OL.
And he has as many weapons as any QB in the League.

I will be shocked if Tua does not play at a Pro Bowl level, unless the OL falls apart.

It boggles my mind how much of the national media(and plenty of Fin Fans)does not appreciate the bad hand Tua was dealt in Miami.

He came in recovering from a devastating injury.
He had a HC who did not want him.
He had the worst OL in the League.
He had little in the way of offensive weapons, 2 years of Gesicki and one year of Waddle is about it.

Now he appears as healthy as he has been since the injury.
He has a HC who seems to want to get the best out of him.
He has an improved (we will see how much)OL.
And he has as many weapons as any QB in the League.

I will be shocked if Tua does not play at a Pro Bowl level, unless the OL falls apart.

Ya, which is why no matter how much time I'm thinking about CB's, Michael Mayer, Will Anderson Jr, Bijian Robinson, my brain circles back to the OL. Just keep taking OL in the first round and supplement the rest of your roster after that. We don't have a lot of needs and at the end of the day, it's really all about helping No.1.

If only we had multiple first round picks next year.

Losing that 1st rounder certainly changes the Fins Draft plans.

With it they had the option to move up or down and address multiple areas of need or luxury.

Assuming the SF pick is late in R 1 I would be looking to move down and replenish some of what they lost unless there is a player to good to pass on.

Still need a Tackle. After so many OL picks still need it.
That is probably true, but it is possible they can address that with a FA move pre Draft next year.

Or Austin Jackson/Liam Eichenberg will figure it out.

I have heard that Eich has looked better at RG than he looked at OT last year, not sure if Jackson has shown any upside at RT so far.

That is probably true, but it is possible they can address that with a FA move pre Draft next year.

I have heard that Eich has looked better at RG than he looked at OT last year, not sure if Jackson has shown any upside at RT so far.

AJ looks really good hope is back w/ him. The athlete looks a lot better he’s moving like a first round tackle again. @PSU Cane said his kick out at RT looks unnatural I think that’s a good eye it does he’s oversetting a bit but overall it looks real promising.

We will see just how much bad coaching had to do with the slow progress of guys like jackson and Eichenberg.

It is clear that the Fins have an OL staff that actually knows what it is doing now, but they sure didn't the last few years.

I am not sure how Williams at C is going to play out but if they can get close to their Draft value at LG and Rt from Eich and AJ they will be in pretty good shape.

Jack Conklin will be out there next year. He may not want to return to Cleveland. He may not want to leave either, he’s from not too far away in Michigan I think. If that whole situation implodes he may head elsewhere.

I’d wager it will be a tackle but I’m on the Mayer bandwagon as of now.

Broderick Jones
I have seem you bring him up before.

He seems to be the guy at UGA ready to make the big jump now that he will be at his natural OT spot.

He might play his way beyond the Fins reach in R1 unless Trey Lance struggles.

Paris Johnson at OH ST is another guy moving to his natural OT position this year who could be 1st round material.

Along with Skronski and Harrison this looks like a pretty solid OT class.

Ricky Williams 2.0 from Texas sure seems enticing

As does the next Gronk, and I'm and ND homer, so would love either of those moves

Seems like there should be a lot of really good talent this next draft
I follow Notre Dame as well and just wondered about your thoughts on Foskey?

Back
Top Bottom