Reaction score
1. Trenton Simpson / Clemson / 6’2”, 235

2. Drew Sanders / Arkansas / 6’4”, 235

3. Noah Sewell / Oregon / 6’2”, 246

RUSH:

1. Will Anderson Jr. / Alabama / 6’4”, 253

2. Nick Herbig / Wisconsin / 6’2”, 240

Last edited:
I've noticed Ted that Wisconsin has been pumping out linebackers the last few years that have been ranked pretty high in your rankings here. I wonder if we'll dip into that well again in the 23 draft. We've gone there a few times in some recent drafts, as long as they're productive for us, might as well continue.

I looked up the Bama sack record because i expect Anderson to have a monster year for The Tide.

Derrick Thomas had 27 in 1988!

Holy crap!

I remember him being great but that is over 2 per game.

I looked up the Bama sack record because i expect Anderson to have a monster year for The Tide.

Derrick Thomas had 27 in 1988!

Holy crap!

I remember him being great but that is over 2 per game.

Suppose I take it for granted, but I thought everybody knew that.

It’s also the NCAA record for most sacks in a season. The problem is the NCAA recognizes Terrell Suggs’ 24 sack season as the record because as hard as it is to believe - college football didn’t start keeping sacks as an official statistic until the year 2000.

In his last game for Bama he had 5 sacks against Texas A&M. That game was televised too. It was supposed to be played in early September, but was postponed until the end of the season due to Hurricane Gilbert.

He also owns the NFL record for most sacks in a single game with 7.

Few things in sports are clear cut, but Derrick Thomas was emphatically the most dominant defense player in the history of college football.

Will Anderson earned the DT comparison as a freshman, which is quite the indication of how great he’s been. Not just on the field, but off the field and as a leader.

Saban has been required to pull Anderson off the field in practice since his freshman season so the offense can run the plays. They can’t even run plays with him on the field. The great Derrick Thomas would approve.

Last edited:
He also owns the NFL record for most sacks in a single game with 7.

And in an odd twist of fate DT had an 8th sack elude him that would have won the game. Dave Krieg somehow eluded him coming off the edge and threw a game winning TD pass on the final snap.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Heartbreaking.

I know Lawrence Taylor is widely heralded as the most impactful defensive player of the modern era, if not ever, but as a pure pass rusher I’d put DT up against anyone.

If we continue playing 4 deep shells then CBs become expendable. We can dump X and Jones for whatever picks we can get as long as the taker eats the salary and we can just play Kohou and some other value guy who can tackle in the open field and get a LB to replace Roberts and we're good. Kohou types (short, not very fast) are enough if you play 4 deep.

I think a LB who can play zone and tackle in the open field should be our priority on defense based on what the Broncos, 49ers, Browns and Jets are running.

Last edited:
Hey didn’t you say at the beginning of the year you had two players in the draft with HOF potential? Anderson is one. Who is the other? Appreciate the work BTW.

Hey didn’t you say at the beginning of the year you had two players in the draft with HOF potential? Anderson is one. Who is the other? Appreciate the work BTW.

That has since changed to none.

Will Anderson is no Derrick Thomas, and should never have been compared to such a devastating sack artist.

Will Anderson has physical short comings that Derrick Thomas didn’t have.

Yeah, I think they hype was a little overboard.

He is still a top 5 pick and the top edge in the class but not quite the All Time Great we expected.

As defensive players go i would have Jalen Carter ahead of him.

Know he is only a freshman but Harold Perkins LSU what is his future?
Watched him 4 sacks v Arkansas, great speed and seems to track people and plays quickly.

Trying not to be distracted by tour sig GIF I will say his future is near the top of whichever Draft he ends up in.

He is getting LT comps already.

2024 has a lot of stud LBs. With the signings in FA this year, I could see this position getting pushed down some this year

Back
Top Bottom