2023 Quarterback (Senior) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 Quarterback (Senior)

Will Levis is very similar to Ryan Tannehill coming out of Texas A&M in terms of specific strengths and weaknesses - particularly in terms of lack of feel for pressure and identifying the free rushers.

Just with a little lower ceiling than Tannehill.

The kid who looks good and is really ascending on my board is Michael Penix. The lefty is flat slinging out there on the west coast for Washington after transferring from Indiana.

He’s finally healthy.

Look out next week when they take on a good Michigan St. team.

What's your opinion on Hendon Hooker? He's a great college QB but every time I watch him something seems off. Odd mechanics maybe and he seems to not be really accurate even though he has a 71% completion percentage. The system probably helps his % because it seems like he's throwing in a cow pasture in this offense. Not many tough throws even downfield.

What's your opinion on Hendon Hooker? He's a great college QB but every time I watch him something seems off. Odd mechanics maybe and he seems to not be really accurate even though he has a 71% completion percentage. The system probably helps his % because it seems like he's throwing in a cow pasture in this offense. Not many tough throws even downfield.

Yeah you pretty much nailed it. I’ve always felt like he was this good - even when he was at Virginia Tech. What’s underrated about him is his toughness and competitiveness. He’s an assassin.

However, he’s not as accurate as the numbers suggest. He’s a great deep ball thrower - like Jalen Hurts was - but they’re not comfortable throwing into the middle of the field. Jalen Hurts still doesn’t. So the Eagles design the offense where he doesn’t have to.

At Tennessee, Hooker is throwing to wide open guys because they’re schemed open. It’s by design. Like it used to be at Alabama when the media started talking about “Alabama open” in order to disparage the QB’s.

What that really means is that they’re doing a better job than everybody else at scheming receivers open. It started with Lane Kiffin at Alabama. Tenn just does it a little differently with wide splits and stack formations Art Briles style as opposed to more motion and eye candy based like Kiffin.

Hooker will inexplicably miss receivers where the ball isn’t even thrown in the same area code in the middle of the field against tighter coverage. He’s just not comfortable doing it. A lot of QB’s aren’t.

There’s not a lot of Tua’s out there - despite what may have been told.

Yeah you pretty much nailed it. I’ve always felt like he was this good - even when he was at Virginia Tech. What’s underrated about him is his toughness and competitiveness. He’s an assassin.

However, he’s not as accurate as the numbers suggest. He’s a great deep ball thrower - like Jalen Hurts was - but they’re not comfortable throwing into the middle of the field. Jalen Hurts still doesn’t. So the Eagles design the offense where he doesn’t have to.

At Tennessee, Hooker is throwing to wide open guys because they’re schemed open. It’s by design. Like it used to be at Alabama when the media started talking about “Alabama open” in order to disparage the QB’s.

What that really means is that they’re doing a better job than everybody else at scheming receivers open. It started with Lane Kiffin at Alabama. Tenn just does it a little differently with wide splits and stack formations Art Briles style as opposed to more motion and eye candy based like Kiffin.

Hooker will inexplicably miss receivers where the ball isn’t even thrown in the same area code in the middle of the field against tighter coverage. He’s just not comfortable doing it. A lot of QB’s aren’t.

There’s not a lot of Tua’s out there - despite what may have been told.
You got that right. Little Hawaiian boy is chucking it around the park now like most around the draft forum expected him to.

As i have said over and over many people(especially national media types0 failed to take into account the severity of Tua's hip injury and rehab as well as the bad hand he was dealt early in Miami with an unsupportive HC, a sh*tty OL and little skill talent to throw too.

He was trying to return to fitness while dealing with zero running game and no one(year one)and just Waddle(last year) to throw to.

Always behind the sticks and running for his life.

And all we heard was Tua can't throw downfield because all they did was throw underneath, as if he had time to let a guy get open downfield in the first place.

Now he has a HC who believes in him and is(GASP!!!!)trying to maximize his talent)and improved OL and two scary play makers and suddenly he is putting up numbers and WINNING(which by the way he was doing at a better clip than he should have been his first two years as well).

The national media is lazy and has a short attention span.Why anyone pays them attention is beyond me.

@Pachyderm_Wave

Any thoughts on Nolan Henderson from Delaware? I understand if you have nothing on him. He’s a family friend and declared he’s going into the draft so I was just curious.

I've been looking for that potential late round steal/sleeper. Thoughts on Max Duggan?

I've been looking for that potential late round steal/sleeper. Thoughts on Max Duggan?

Excellent production this year. He is indecisive and takes too many sacks, but he is also very careful with the football, he threw very few interceptions this year, and his volume was okay. Similar to me to Dak Prescott, everything seems a little strained because of that carefulness.
The passing volume suggests he cannot carry the team with passing yet. He scored well this year too, on low passing volume he produced a lot of points, was the big part of scoring for the team. So, he is an excellent quarterback.
Arm strength is adequate, athleticism is adequate. A few days ago I did not see any characteristics that make him special. I had DTR ahead of him on athleticism. But DTR is small and had a bad second half in his ballgame, like Tua with 3 interceptions, and was injured with some back back strain. I will scratch DTR from the list because of the size concerns.
Duggan did not have a great game against Michigan, but he is a gamer, that's a plus characteristic, and he will play in the NCG. I will move him into my list of interests in second round, and drop DTR.

Excellent production this year. He is indecisive and takes too many sacks, but he is also very careful with the football, he threw very few interceptions this year, and his volume was okay. Similar to me to Dak Prescott, everything seems a little strained because of that carefulness.
The passing volume suggests he cannot carry the team with passing yet. He scored well this year too, on low passing volume he produced a lot of points, was the big part of scoring for the team. So, he is an excellent quarterback.
Arm strength is adequate, athleticism is adequate. A few days ago I did not see any characteristics that make him special. I had DTR ahead of him on athleticism. But DTR is small and had a bad second half in his ballgame, like Tua with 3 interceptions, and was injured with some back back strain. I will scratch DTR from the list because of the size concerns.
Duggan did not have a great game against Michigan, but he is a gamer, that's a plus characteristic, and he will play in the NCG. I will move him into my list of interests in second round, and drop DTR.
Thanks. Greatly appreciated. I guess viewing him as a late rounder is dreaming.

I like that comp, Duggan and Prescott

Back
Top Bottom